Real life help & advice

Abc1230

I knew a sailor once, got tangled in the rigging. We pulled him out, but it took him five minutes to cough. He said it was like going home.

isnt that from the prestige?

"i lied, he said it was agony"

It is indeed. I just watched that movie.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Awesome movie? Awesome movie.

To make things topic-related, I have to make some posters for 'Science Week' to put around my school. What would make you stop and read a poster? (note that I go to an all girls school, so nude pictures probably won't work)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Guys I need some advice. What are fast painless ways to kill yourself?

I have to do research on it for an essay. Thank you.

How soon to death are we talking about here for the pain?

Freezing to death is painless, and actually probably feels good because when you get there you start to feel warm, which is what you really want. Drowning would be similarly painless.

Contrary to popular belief, shooting yourself - even with a shotgun - is not a surefire way to die. More than half of the attempted gun suicides wake up in the hospital, missing a chunk of their brain and usually mute and wheelchair-bound for the rest of their lives. Kurt Cobain could just as easily have wound up blowing off the lower half of his face, laying there on the floor sputtering for thirty hours before the mailman came by and called the cops, Kurt living on as a deformed and inarticulate mask of horror for the rest of his days.

(Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_15658_the-ten-minute-suicide-guide.html#ixzz1LLUQajcd)

To combat that problem could try shooting yourself and falling off a really tall building.

j0xPu5R.png

Awesome movie? Awesome movie.

To make things topic-related, I have to make some posters for 'Science Week' to put around my school. What would make you stop and read a poster? (note that I go to an all girls school, so nude pictures probably won't work)

Put the posters inside the washroom stalls, facing the seats. No one would have anything else to do but read them. Also, vivid colors everywhere.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

One of my friends (actually just a "semi-friend") has gotten really annoying recently. He's completely silent unless someone asks him something, except he complains that he's bored at least 2-3 times every day. After listening to that for a whole year (and almost always replying by telling him to do something interesting, which he obviously has not done), I just can't take it anymore. And that's only a part of the problem - I could just stay away from him, but he follows me and my other friends (who are also tired of him) everywhere.

Sometimes he also complains about how he's always alone and nobody likes him, but that's because he's ugly and even more because of his attitude. He's the most quiet person I know, and not because he's shy, he never starts a conversation even with his friends. Somehow he expects everyone to be sympathetic to him. I'm not, and neither is anyone else.

As I said, I don't really consider him a friend of mine and so I wouldn't care at all if he left the school or something - I have better friends who can actually start a conversation and are more talkative overall. But I'm too kind to tell him to [bleep] away, and he just doesn't get it any other way. But he can be sure that unless his attitude changes during the summer vacation, I'm not going to be his "friend" anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Stop hanging out with him. If he's not that much of a friend to you, just avoid him. Let him wallow in his self-pity.

If he was more of a friend, then I'll advise something else. But if he's not...meh.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Stop hanging out with him. If he's not that much of a friend to you, just avoid him. Let him wallow in his self-pity.

If he was more of a friend, then I'll advise something else. But if he's not...meh.

As I said, he follows me and my friends everywhere and considering that he's in the same class as me, it's quite hard to avoid him. I would avoid him if I could. And yeah, I've never considered him an actual friend, so I don't really care about him.

Stop hanging out with him. If he's not that much of a friend to you, just avoid him.

As I said, he follows me and my friends everywhere and considering that he's in the same class as me, it's quite hard to avoid him. I would avoid him if I could.

Ah, must of missed that part.

Well then you have to be blunt. Either explain him he has to be a man (by telling him to shut up about complaining or to talk more) or tell him to [bleep] off.

It's the only way.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Stop hanging out with him. If he's not that much of a friend to you, just avoid him.

As I said, he follows me and my friends everywhere and considering that he's in the same class as me, it's quite hard to avoid him. I would avoid him if I could.

Ah, must of missed that part.

Well then you have to be blunt. Either explain him he has to be a man (by telling him to shut up about complaining or to talk more) or tell him to [bleep] off.

It's the only way.

Guess so. Though I think that a certain friend of mine will do it first.

Guess so. Though I think that a certain friend of mine will do it first.

Then sit back and watch. :cool:

siggy3s.jpg

Or, you know, start making conversations with him, talk to him about stuff. Bring him out of his shell. Really, all he needs is someone to talk to.

I know because I was that kid freshman year. It took 2 years to really come out of my shell, but eventually I did with the help of my friends.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I think a lot of shyness comes down to people second guessing themselves because they find new social situations very overwhelming, with the sheer quantity of information that's exchanged in a conversation. But you just have to learn to deal with it because you can't live like a hermit your whole life. The only way you challenge that lack of self-confidence is by putting yourself in new situations and learning how to cope. Of course what most people learn is that the introduction is the hardest part, but once you've broken the ice it's actually quite easy so long you've got a common interest.

If he's clinging onto you guys, it's not fair on you and it's not healthy for him since ultimately, he's not going to wake up one morning and decide to not be shy any more. If he really doesn't have anything to talk about then... maybe he needs to find a hobby and find some friends through that?

How can a young teen make some more money? A lot of jobs in my area are taken and jobs in general are very difficult to get in my area.

I make $10 in allowance, but I would like to make some more.

How can a young teen make some more money? A lot of jobs in my area are taken and jobs in general are very difficult to get in my area.

What he said. I'm already out on the corner in a mini-skirt every night.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

What he said. I'm already out on the corner in a mini-skirt every night.

How much do you charge? :wink:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I feel like everything I have done has been for nothing. I feel like I'm driving up a gravel road and right when I get my grip and slowly start moving up, something happens and I slide back down to where I started or farther down. I work 45 hours a week just and every penny I make goes towards bills or gas to get to work. I rely on food stamps to cover some of the food I buy. I was doing better selling soda in high school after they took the machines out.

I wish I could work and actually save up and buy something nice for myself. When I do save up for something and get enough or close to enough to buy it, something happens, whether it be a car needing repairs, my bank screwing me over and causing me to overdraft, having gas stolen out of my car while I'm at work, etc. It is just wearing me down.

I have to debate going to college this semester to finish my third year of college towards my B.A. in Computer Science. I know I have a job, a place to live, and food on the table, its just I want to have a life I never had as a child/teenager.

I wish I could just win the lottery, marry a rich old lady, or something. I feel so depressed right now :(.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

That's messed up man. Do something crazy and amazingly stupid to make yourself feel better.

Seriously, though - just try to change something. If you keep things the way they are, you'll be stuck in the same position. Make a change, even if you're not sure what the outcome will be. (Provided that you're not risking your current career or anything like that on something unstable)

Get a job closer to where you live so you have more time and money. Also remember that you're a student, and it's inevitable you will be living it a bit rough while you study. It's only 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone here provide me with tips on writing a cover letter? It would be great if you could provide me with cover letters that you've used in the past, the ones I've found by googling don't seem very original.

I'm applying for a job where I have to sell cookies during the summer. Woo.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Dear TIF,

Where would I find a good place to sell your used college textbooks? I've been to textbooks.com but they're not buying half of my books at the moment.

Appreciate it.

siggy3s.jpg

Dear TIF,

Where would I find a good place to sell your used college textbooks? I've been to textbooks.com but they're not buying half of my books at the moment.

Appreciate it.

Only place I can think of is craigslist, don't know of any site specifically for college textbooks.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti