Poll: Forum Software

Cowman_133

This is a repost, as the discussion thread was lost during the conversion.

This week's poll asks:

Which is your preferred forum software?

• PHPBB
  • IPB
  • vBulletin
  • Other

>>> Vote Now! <> View the Results <<<

Still see the old poll? Press [CTRL+F5] or [Apple+R] to force a full reload of the page.

Remember, you can also submit your ideas for future polls here.

~The Cow

1.png
generic_signature.png

I'm having a hard time deciding between IPB and phpbb. I really like the fact that phpbb is open source. I also found it to run slightly faster (at least on tip.it) although there's no denying the overall appearance and extra features make IPB a great option as well.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Dear god! Why even compare? The other one was so much better.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I thought the admins stated this would look different than other fansites... This looks exactly like Runescape Community forums at zybez. And they had their forums upgraded about a week ago.

Low_C.png

I can't tell them apart. The old TIF was in PHPBB right? This is IPB and I dunno what vBulletin is.

So far PHPBB because I'm more used to it but IPB will probably grow on me with more use.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I'm liking this new forum, so much more inviting. Some looks really odd due to their size and the width of columns, but I'm sure things will be tweaked as time goes on. :thumbsup:

Nice to see Mr. Green is still around too :mrgreen:

Pasty.png

I thought the admins stated this would look different than other fansites... This looks exactly like Runescape Community forums at zybez. And they had their forums upgraded about a week ago.

When the admins first mentioned switching to IPB, we would have looked different from RSC since they HADN'T upgraded. But because they upgraded while we were converting (which takes longer), now we do look the same.

Anyway as for the actual question, I cannot deny that the IPB features are much better and generally more advanced than phpBB. Because I'm used to phpBB though, this doesn't quite feel like "home" yet. Give me a few weeks and I'm sure I'll say IPB without missing a beat :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Nice to see the old smileys can still be used, was thinking they would be gone. Then I would be sad.

Yea...this looks to clean and detached, inhuman, unwelcoming...doesn't have that "homey" feel the old forums did.

I'll probably get used to it though.Just as I got used to Jagex's crap updates

But you can't make the text tiny. :cry:

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.