07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions

Mdeoxys

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but herbs are going to skyrocket...

I don't forsee them increasing much, as the requirements being so high would discourage most from attempting to reach them.

I think the Special restore potion is going to be overpowered and (hopefully) nerfed with a cooldown.

*D Claws spec x2*

*pot*

*d claws spec x2*

Lather, rinse, repeat.

:ohnoes:

There's a 30 second cooldown on eaqch dose of that pot you can drink...

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

*D Claws spec x2*

*pot*

*d claws spec x2*

Lather, rinse, repeat.

And each dose is only 1/4 of bar, which is 1/2 of a claw special.

My bad. I didn't read enough, I suppose. :unsure:

guideicon.png

"View PostMe_Hate_Libs, on 07 October 2009 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostExpl0de, on 07 October 2009 - 04:09 PM, said:

*D Claws spec x2*

*pot*

*d claws spec x2*

Lather, rinse, repeat.

And each dose is only 1/4 of bar, which is 1/2 of a claw special."

---

but if i'm not wrong, stats hammer takes 35% energy...

-you go soloing the corp beast

-using 2 specs to reduce the def

-go out of cave and drink pot of restore special

-go back to cave and do another spec, leaving you with 20% energy

-in less than min you can continue drinking and get energy very fast back

-corp beast get spec'ed till her def reached prob 1 and get owned

-????

-profit!

and that's was just solo, imagne wat groups of few high herblores (no that high, under 85 i think) with stat hammer can do to the mightest boss on rs...these potions turns her into a joke

want_a_box.png

*D Claws spec x2*

*pot*

*d claws spec x2*

Lather, rinse, repeat.

---

-????

-profit!

and that's was just solo, imagne wat groups of few high herblores (no that high, under 85 i think) with stat hammer can do to the mightest boss on rs...these potions turns her into a joke

Then sit back and await the nerfing.

*D Claws spec x2*

*pot*

*d claws spec x2*

Lather, rinse, repeat.

---

-????

-profit!

Has someone done that already? Jeez, people come up with these ideas so quickly...

guideicon.png

*D Claws spec x2*

*pot*

*d claws spec x2*

Lather, rinse, repeat.

---

-????

-profit!

If you leave the room Corp restores all health and what ruins the whole thing there is no real point to lowering Corp's Defence anymore since it can't really go any lower.

BTW, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but herbs are going to skyrocket...

I don't forsee them increasing much, as the requirements being so high would discourage most from attempting to reach them.

I think the Special restore potion is going to be overpowered and (hopefully) nerfed with a cooldown.

That quote was taken out of context a bit :P

Maybe not skyrocket, but you cut the important part of my post out and that was MTK profit within the next weeks.. Herbs were already a decent choice, now they will be better.

They are already going up and its impossible to buy ANY herb at max in the GE atm. So they will rise, even if only temporary.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Is there a message given if you try to use the Lunar spells to share these new potions?

And how much of a difference do 7 Strength levels actually make?

These are all very neat, but I think it's a bit too early to give such a large bonus for Magic in such an inaccessible place.

2dgucz6.png

I am sooooo glad that I got 66 herblore last night, I couldn't have bought any of the things I needed today :blink: . I don't think this will be much of an incentive to get that skill up faster in the Immediate future, but it will be useful once I get some more money...

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

You and Libs are both right, they should have created new herbs/ingredients, or maybe even tied it in with another skill (new monsters/items only gained through farming/wc/etc.). However, they did a very good job making these untradeable because it truly makes them high level content. You can't plop down 20k and get one of the potions, you need to train other skills to make and (to an extent) use them. It's a good road they're going down. Soon enough, the best equipment won't be acquired by purely buying it, but through training other skills.

You are just SAYING that it is a good thing, you haven't given any reason for it. WHY would it be a good thing to make new herbs/stories/ingredients/locations? The point of this year is not to flood the game with hundreds of new items that make old items useless. The point of the "upgrade year" is to upgrade skills and breathe new life into them.

Before this update, the only herbs that were used in huge demand were ranarr, toadflax, snap, and kwuarm. The others were used for sure, dont get me wrong, but not nearly on the scale of these ones. Now they have taken some of the less popular stuff and made them usefull again. After the energy update, people used wayyyy less run energy potions. Now its an ingrediant for the spec restore. Also, less super energies also meant less demand for Avantoe, so now that is used for the extreme attack. The ONLY USE for Dwarf weed was ranging potions, now you need them for extreme strength. Lants were used for anti-fires, but magic potions were hardly ever used. Now you need lants for ultimate defence...Not only do these things create more demand for herbs, but also the herbs that were previously used in magic/range potions are now also useful for melee potions.

Not to mention, the ONLY USE for tortsol herbs was zammy brew. Now you need it to bring the overdose together. Why should we flood the game with items when we have plenty of items that already exist which have quite low demand? Why should we let these old items be useless, when they can once again be useful?

Also I am not convinced with all the people who say this update just makes a money sink more expensive. When training herb before you had two choices: make useful potions that would sell, but you need to invest a lot of money. OR you could make something like super attack potions for way less initial investment, BUT you would basically never sell off all your old super attacks....NOW, people might actually buy your super attacks with the intention of just making extreme attacks for herb exp. Also you could just hold on to those super attacks that you make, and now have a great source of exp once you got 88 herb to make them into extremes. Its all relative.

At first, the price of Irits and stuff is going to rise high. But, thats because irits are not really grown by anyone, and a lot of people dont bother picking up Irits on slayer tasks, etc....If the price gets high enough, people are gonna start farming them and picking them up off the floor, and the supply will increase and the price will drop. It is all going to balance out anyway, but the total cost might rise a little bit due to increased interest in the skill. (BUT AGAIN, so what? it costs you more but it will also be WORTH more to you because of the benefits, so IT SHOULD cost more now)

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

*D Claws spec x2*

*pot*

*d claws spec x2*

Lather, rinse, repeat.

---

-????

-profit!

If you leave the room Corp restores all health and what ruins the whole thing there is no real point to lowering Corp's Defence anymore since it can't really go any lower.

so not going out of the room, just drinking right next to it, big deal...

my point still stands.

want_a_box.png

The Game Engine team have made sure the player list is now randomised to prevent priority being given to some players over others because of their IP address.

HOOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

The Game Engine team have made sure the player list is now randomised to prevent priority being given to some players over others because of their IP address.

No.. not hooray. This just means more people will just steal your spawns instead of being courteous and switching servers.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

No.. not hooray. This just means more people will just steal your spawns instead of being courteous and switching servers.

No, this means less people will steal your spawns if you are quick enough. It no longer matters about who has the best connection.

Stellactic.gif

Well it looks amazing, shame it'll be impossible to train herb for awhile lol. Maybe I have a use for the gp from getting 90 runecrafting now though...

Runecrafting, talk about a skill in desperate need of freshening up... :ugeek:

Ok, now im positive there is a spy/jagex alt account in Lady H's chat. Super magic potion was being discussed. OMFG I JUST SAW THE REST OF THE POTIONS NOT ON THE MAIN POST!

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Not sure but I think this may be dealing with Mini-games rather than day to day combat stuff.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

No, this means less people will steal your spawns if you are quick enough. It no longer matters about who has the best connection.

I don't think you understood the fix completely. This will prevent people with "good" IP addresses always winning of those with "bad" IP addresses. This was especially an issue in castle wars games where some people always got the flag when dropped, just because they had a (near) perfect IP. It's pretty frustrating to know no matter how good you are, you'll never win.

Connection still has a big influence however, if you lagg a bit and therefore don't click at exactly the right moment, you still won't get the flag (or spawn or whatever).

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

*D Claws spec x2*

*pot*

*d claws spec x2*

Lather, rinse, repeat.

---

-????

-profit!

so not going out of the room, just drinking right next to it, big deal...

my point still stands.

Did you even read the second part it can't go any lower than 2 specs even it does you should just wait for it. <_<

I don't think you understood the fix completely. This will prevent people with "good" IP addresses always winning of those with "bad" IP addresses. This was especially an issue in castle wars games where some people always got the flag when dropped, just because they had a (near) perfect IP. It's pretty frustrating to know no matter how good you are, you'll never win.

Connection still has a big influence however, if you lagg a bit and therefore don't click at exactly the right moment, you still won't get the flag (or spawn or whatever).

Ah thanks for clarifying. I wasn't exactly sure myself.

j0xPu5R.png