07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions

Mdeoxys

Did some quick maths, and the new maximum hit for Magic is now either 44 or 45, depending if they round up or down (I get a floating point number like 44.7999). Mages aren't pushovers much anymore.

You forgot it stacks with the 10% bonus and the max hit with Miasmic Barrage is 32.

So ((32*1.4)*1.1) 49.28 so either 49 or 50 with magic?!?

Ice Barrage is 30 so ((30*1.4)*1.1) 46.2 so 46 or 47.

Not bad at all, but combos are going to rape a lot of players now.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New weapons come into the game via drops, they immediately become merch items.

A chance to restore some semblance of parity to herblorists - and the new, highly desirable pots are untradable.

[sarcasm]WTFG, Jagex[/sarcasm]

Also, so very grateful that I made 99 herb this week and don't have to fool with the silly raw materials mechanizations.

And one last thing... the forum heads in the RSOF are awesome! As soon as I get mine done, it's becoming my avatar here.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Just 2 questions

1 are they assist able?

2 does anyone else expect a nerf with the special restore potion or is it just me?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

From what I've heard they are not assistable and apparently there's a 30 second delay between uses of the spec restore potion so no I doubt they'll nerf it.

30jlfk0.png

Thanks to InsanityV2 for the sig

Just 2 questions

1 are they assist able?

2 does anyone else expect a nerf with the special restore potion or is it just me?

Apparently not.

Well, I'd say so. I mean, constant AGS specs at GWD? That'd be a great help for soloing. (At least, I think that's the potion which you're talking about?)

Also, :lol: at the replies and yet 0 views.

EDIT: Oh, 30 second delay? Stil useful for soloing Bandos - you can now Bandos spec every respawn, instead of every other respawn.

This would be brutal with gmaul's spec though. 3 instant attacks, drink the pot and 3 further instant attacks. Probably counterbalanced by the time taken to drink the potion.

Disregard everything I'm saying. It's all been proven wrong.

Mungo_0.png

awesomesiggeh2.jpg

Yes... Yes, that's what he said.

Siggeh1.jpg

Siggeh2.jpg

:D

Cool, but I would LIKE TO BE ABLE TO OPERATE MY DUELLING RING AGAIN TYVM =\

EDIT: Fixed lol I guess it was my computer.

Great update tbh

Here is my first post on the new forums, hope im doing it right :P

anways with the new spec pot, it inceases spec by 25% and no, u can spam click it 4 time to get 100% there is a limit.

however items such as dark bow are 55% this means that one can spec, drink pot,. and spec again. very overpowered in my opinion, especialy if the ranger has had an extreme range potion, hiting well over 45s

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Whats the point? doing this is only going to make Herblore MORE expensive to train up, Way to pay attention to the market. :\

Besides cost-wise, Its probably about time it had a fix since well... whenever.

as for photo booth, yay..... now how about unbanning me from RSOF of which you gave me no evidence in the first place! Lousy customer center...

now how about some untradable armor for 90+ Defence? <3

Popoto.~<3

however items such as dark bow are 55% this means that one can spec, drink pot,. and spec again. very overpowered in my opinion, especialy if the ranger has had an extreme range potion, hiting well over 45s

How many PvPers will get a herblore lvl that high? :P

I think because they got it, they deserve to be a bit "overpowered" :lol:

From what I've heard they are not assistable and apparently there's a 30 second delay between uses of the spec restore potion so no I doubt they'll nerf it.

Double dark bow specs = guaranteed 32 damage. Makes rushers with those pots and 4 dragons arrows have a very high kill rate.

It also means with a team of 63 d bows can 2 hit corp.

Overdose looks like it could have a bug if you have full hp when the effect wears off do you get 50hp on top of your normal?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

wolfhead.png

ROAR. (Woof?)

Awesome update, don't look forward to seeing how much I'm going to have to spend on herblore in terms of money/time for these new potions but certainly one of the most worthwhile things in the game to spend your time going for.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I got 80 Herblore as part of my goals to get all 80+, I didn't realise I might actually have something decent to train it up for in the future. This is a fantastic update in my opinion, and I'm also pleased Jagex made them untradeable. :)

There's not much more I can add that hasn't already been said; Jagex has done well with the last several updates, and I couldn't be happier.

I didn't much care for the Woodcutting update (most likely because it primarily offered exp rewards when I'm already level 99), but the release of the Living Rock Caverns and this Herblore expansion have been simply brilliant. 'Two practically flawless updates, in my opinion.

Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

There's not much more I can add that hasn't already been said; Jagex has done well with the last several updates, and I couldn't be happier.

I didn't much care for the Woodcutting update (most likely because it primarily offered exp rewards when I'm already level 99), but the release of the Living Rock Caverns and this Herblore expansion have been simply brilliant. 'Two practically flawless updates, in my opinion.

There are huge flaws with this update, specifically how the new potions effect PVP combat.

30jlfk0.png

Great update!

They are extremely good potions and the ingrediants are hard enough to collect so it's a nice balance (I guarantee all the supplies for these are bought out). You will have to collect/farm your own for now so I'm all for it. I do think they are a bit overpowered though....should have got a potion that buffs a good amount of hp as well. :???: It was easy enough to 2-3 hit people before....a hybrid with max gear and overdose now will just rape the average pker.

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

There are huge flaws with this update, specifically how they effect PVP combat.

I wouldn't call them flaws. Certainly, PvP will change somewhat with this update (I'd say only a small fraction of Pkers have 80+ Herblore, anyway), but that simply means that Pkers will have to adapt accordingly. The release of Godswords and Dragon Claws significantly affected PvP; does this mean that the GWD and WGS updates were necessarily flawed because of this?

Change, in my opinion, is generally not malevolent, and I can't see the Herblore expansion unbalancing PvP to the extent that it becomes so.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

OMG...Must.... start saving money.. for 84 herblore.. now..

:ohnoes:

edit: this makes corp much easier to solo as well since you can get its defence lowered 30% almost 3 times with 1 potion

As a side effect I can see a lot of price changes again.

The magic pot in particular could increase the number of warrior and zerker rings as well as d axes massively (46's on rex who only has 255hp, thats 6 as little as casts per kill). Since its not too uncommon to hit 30's during the lure rex could be half dead before hes safed.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Probably one of the few people very disappointed with the update. Waited a few years for a good high level update and I find it is all combat related, ohh well.

Everyone else have fun raising your Herb levels.

Bubb_Rubb.png

Very good update. I'm glad I can put my Herblore to good use once again. It's a shame that there is no financial incentive for high level herblorists which might allow this skill to make money like it once did. Other than that, I can make two of the new pots, and 100K xp from a third. Got loads of papaya rotting in my bank and lots of seeds ready to plant. :thumbsup:

Siggy not updating: 87 Herb BTW

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

There are huge flaws with this update, specifically how they effect PVP combat.

I wouldn't call them flaws. Certainly, PvP will change somewhat with this update (I'd say only a small fraction of Pkers have 80+ Herblore, anyway), but that simply means that Pkers will have to adapt accordingly. The release of Godswords and Dragon Claws significantly affected PvP; does this mean that the GWD and WGS updates were necessarily flawed because of this?

Change, in my opinion, is generally not malevolent, and I can't see the Herblore expansion unbalancing PvP to the extent that it becomes so.

Hitting 46 with ice barrage and 49 with miasmic barrage is what makes this Herblore update unbalance PvP the most, although I haven't looked into many of the possibilities with the new melee potions. The ability to hit 46 with ice barrage and freeze your opponent for 20 seconds is absurd, when they increased the max from 30-33 with the staff update it wasn't too bad but it certainly made things interesting. If you've seen any hybrid videos you'll see how long those freezes last and how much damage is done in the time that you can't move, now increase the max of those hits by 13 and you have an insanely overpowered class of Pkers.

Just throwing this last one out there as it's something I'm going to be looking at but the previous max of dragon claws with spec was in the 90's I believe, so you could possibly be 1 hit by these now. (Don't quote me on that going to have a look at it now)

30jlfk0.png