Removal of new high level potions in PvP

The Observer

Following player feedback, we have decided that the new Herblore potions are having too much of an effect on PVP combat. Considering that making them requires a high level in a non-combat skill, players felt they had to increase their Herblore level to be able to make these potions, before they could effectively fight players of a similar combat level to themselves. It was not our intention to suddenly make PVP gameplay less accessible for the majority of players who had previously been enjoying it.

As such, for now, the special restore, extreme attack, extreme strength, extreme defence, extreme ranging, extreme magic and overload potions will be disabled in the following areas:

PvP Worlds (and Bounty/Bounty+1 variants)

Castle Wars

Clan Wars

Duel Arena

Soul Wars

TzHaar Fight Pit

We do still believe that these potions should be a fitting reward for those who attain a high Herblore level, so their effects remain unchanged when fighting NPCs outside of the areas listed above. They will still prove to be very useful when fighting NPCs – for example, dungeon and quest bosses, Slayer assignments, Pest Control, TzHaar Fight Cave, Barrows, etc. The potions also remain untradeable. If they were to become tradeable, anyone could buy them, so they wouldn’t be so much of a reward for those who have levelled their Herblore skill.

15-16-463-59698001

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, the lazy players win.

Could not agree more. To win you actually have to put some effort into training, so what if somebody else has the herb levels, they put the effort in to do it. It's much like the difference between somebody have a whip and an AGS in pvp,

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Once again, the lazy players win.

Could not agree more. To win you actually have to put some effort into training, so what if somebody else has the herb levels, they put the effort in to do it. It's much like the difference between somebody have a whip and an AGS in pvp,

I agree fully.

j0xPu5R.png

They should've just removed the potions completely because it has no use now. Do people use super pots while monster hunting? Rarely.

Yeah...It's called a speed boost. I use super pots almost always, when I stockpile extreme pots I'll prolly use them for slayer etc as well. Now if you're saying at god wars guess you have a point, space tends to be at a premium but might end up taking extreme attack instead of combat pots now. I could see the extreme pots making a difference at corp more so then most other bosses.

chaosoffar.png

Why it's difficult to understand? Herblore aid to combat, it should have a combat level.

If it doesn't gives you a combat level then it shouldn't be on PVP, period.

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

They should've just removed the potions completely because it has no use now. Do people use super pots while monster hunting? Rarely.

Yeah...It's called a speed boost. I use super pots almost always, when I stockpile extreme pots I'll prolly use them for slayer etc as well. Now if you're saying at god wars guess you have a point, space tends to be at a premium but might end up taking extreme attack instead of combat pots now. I could see the extreme pots making a difference at corp more so then most other bosses.

It's mostly only good at Bandos when crashing, like what I meant with most bosses you need more hp boosting potions/items.

j0xPu5R.png

Then let's just give everyone free copies of the best gear - after all, making money doesn't affect combat level.

Geez, it's about the same as a freaking strength pure - they're stronger than they look. And really, who but the best are going to even have that high of herblore? Chances are you won't even meet someone who did. And frankly, if you did meet them, they'd kill you anyways because they have the cash for the best.

I don't even PvP and this ticks me off.

It's mostly only good at Bandos when crashing, like what I meant with most bosses you need more hp boosting potions/items.

You forget that, in being able to kill the boss faster with these potions, you, theoretically, save food each kill. It might take a while to figure out if that will actually play out in reality, but if they're as good as I'm hearing, these potions could very well do the trick.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Wow, Jagex cave in well to easily.

EDIT

Have they put the D bow spec back to 55% now?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Why it's difficult to understand? Herblore aid to combat, it should have a combat level.

If it doesn't gives you a combat level then it shouldn't be on PVP, period.

Does that GS bought from making money through RC aid to combat? Does the whip gained through slayer aid in combat? Everything aids in combat now days, but it should not be removed just because it helps combat. The whole point in having a rounded account is that it has an advantage over those who don't bother to train, simple.

Annoys me so much that just because people have to step outside of pvp to get an advantage in it, it should be removed.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm a little torn here. On the one hand, why shouldn't people with 96 Herblore have an advantage? Isn't it somewhat similar to one player having 91 Runecrafting? On the other, I can see how Herblore could have become the new cool PK'ing skill to have, next to 99 Strength or Magic.

It's disappointing, cause I can't see a legitimate use for the Overload potion now. Maybe solo tribrid DKs, but that's it. I think it's mostly upsetting that the highest level potion, which was arguably a PVP potion, is now moot.

EDIT: I have to agree with this:

Does that GS bought from making money through RC aid to combat? Does the whip gained through slayer aid in combat? Everything aids in combat now days, but it should not be removed just because it helps combat. The whole point in having a rounded account is that it has an advantage over those who don't bother to train, simple.

Annoys me so much that just because people have to step outside of pvp to get an advantage in it, it should be removed.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

It's disappointing, cause I can't see a legitimate use for the Overload potion now. Maybe solo tribrid DKs, but that's it. I think it's mostly upsetting that the highest level potion, which was arguably a PVP potion, is now moot.

You need to remember its a maxed boost for a full 5 minutes, it doesn't drain during this time. Which makes it ideal for those who have money to spend on boss hunting. Imagine how fast kills at solo zammy/bandos with 125 defense, strength, attack for a full 5 minutes would be.

Tribryd DK's does seem like the best and most useable location, but I would guess at TD's being another possible location (since you have to switch attack styles).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Rofl. I use super potions doing the following things: Corporeal beast, Zilyana, Bandos, DKs and any form of combat training.

89 Herblore just to be able to compete when PKing is too high. Herblore is one the most expensive skills to train in the game. So is prayer (and getting piety) but 70 prayer is a lot less hard to get than 89 herblore. And it also adds combat levels.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Well overload potions are also useful with Sara Brews right now.

The drain from the brew only lasts for around 5 seconds before your stats pop back up to what you were boosted to.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!