Removal of new high level potions in PvP

The Observer

So, under Jagex's logic:

Instead of Skills>RWTing and Merching>CB to give a PVP boost, RWTing and Merching>CB>Skills is best.

At least yesterday, Merching to billions so that you could buy a Dbow or Godsword was not one of the only ways to get an advantage in combat, the others being fighting boss monsters and a select few moneymaking skills.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This nerf is unbelievable, jagex finally makes a good update making the rewards for the high level skills and then they nerf it to a small fraction of its potential use. The fact that these "pures" and pkers whine about every little thing that gives other ppl advantages and get their way is just so annoying. All they do is train str, atk, mage, and range and expect to be the best because they dont train any other skill. My herblore level isnt high at all and im still angry that they nerfed this. Even at safe minigames? this is ridiculous, why make these potions and then limit the use to only pve when pvp is a huge part of this game. If jagex doesnt change it back then that is just pathetic.

What an absolutely pathetic decision Jagex made.

I have 99 herblore and dont even PvP, so I feel my opinion is pretty valid. People have 'earnt' their use of these potions by training a skill (which is very expensive) over 90, which is very respectable. The most common gametype that stat-increasing potions are used in is PvP. Taking them away from BH/PvP worlds is bad enough, but to remove them from safe minigames too? Just because some jealous players whined - honestly if you really had a problem with it, train the damn skill. Its not rocket science.

The update was bad for those who only train combat and leave skilling a side, they should have left it the way it was, if herblore aids A LOT in PvP (46s with Ice Barrage) then people would train herblore, therefor cash would be drained out of the game considering this is a big money sinker (Drained because you can't trade the potion once you've made the high level version) so it might have helped a little with overall economy and the most important thing, rescue a forgotten skill that pretty much no one trains anymore (Lv 88 and I'm in the top 7k...).

They shouldn't have removed it, they should have left it so people would be motivated to train this beautiful skill, just like they did with WC, now some people motivated themselves to train WC again because they gave it a huge boost.

Why remove at safe mini games? It makes no sense, they pretty much made potions for Monster Hunters instead of making potions for all the population.

As much as I'm kind of happy because of this (Maybe I can finally buy the (3) potions and get my herblore up) I don't like the update overall, let's hope their next Skill Rebalance doesn't get epic nerfed.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

[hide=Summarizes my thoughts nicely.]jagexhasfaile.png[/hide]

Next step is to remove Hand Cannons; after all, you need to train a lot of non-Combat Skills and do some non-Combat Quests to gain access to it. Gives unfair advantage to some rangers, doesn't it now? I mean, we can't force them to gain non-Combat Skills to gain an advantage, so the logical step is to remove them? Right?

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

*tries not to flame to keep modness*

The extra levels gained from these potions are no more than the extra benefits of doing desert treasure quest for ancients, or money making for a few days to get your first whip. Should those things also be disabled from PVP? If its all about things taking time to get, being disabled from pvp, no items whatsoever should be allowed. Its absurd to think that just because you can't be arsed to work for something in a MMO, nobody should be able to. If you want to keep that attitude through life where any work to achieve things is to hard, so nobody else is allowed to do it, you are going to get one hell of a hit when you enter the real world yourself.

You couldn't be more wrong. Herblore has NEVER been a skill that has effected combat in any way shape or form (everything made in the skill that is used for combat has always been tradeable, meaning everyone has access to it giving none an advantage), so to suddenly change the skill completely and give a combat advantage (without appropriate increase in combat level) is illogical. You compare this to desert treasure? Desert treasure is a quest that can be done at low combat levels and offers a new form of combat. It requires much less time, effort, and money than getting 96 herblore, that's for sure. To ask your average pker to come up with nearly 100mil just to compete with other players their level is absurd. And yes, those with these new potions would tear apart players of the same combat level. You say it's the same as spending money on an ags? What happens when you die with an ags? You lose it. When you die with 10k in potions? You keep the level 96 you spent 100million on. This update was doomed from the beginning, at least Jagex is trying to fix it now.

good, this update was unneeded. Skilling and pvp should remain separate.

I'll be having those poisoned weapons back, and those smithed rune items. Oh, and those godswords that have to be smithed together, I'll need those too.

And that food, too. Oh and those prayer potions...

While we're at it, let's get rid of Whips, Dragon Boots, and Dark Bows, too - they all come from the Slayer Skill.<_< Oh, let's not forget combat potions. We should take them out since they're a product of skillers, too.

Do you see how flawed the reasoning is here?

Truthfully I'm not pleased with this change. Those that put forth the effort should be the ones that stand above the rest of the crowd. I'd be okay with the update so long as they didn't take the potions out of safe PvP... I mean, c'mon! Only thing that would happen would be a little pride is lost if you died in Soul Wars...

Linux User/Enthusiast | Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

good, this update was unneeded. Skilling and pvp should remain separate.

I'll be having those poisoned weapons back, and those smithed rune items. Oh, and those godswords that have to be smithed together, I'll need those too.

And that food, too. Oh and those prayer potions...

While we're at it, let's get rid of Whips, Dragon Boots, and Dark Bows, too - they all come from the Slayer Skill.<_< Oh, let's not forget combat potions. We should take them out since they're a product of skillers, too.

Do you see how flawed the reasoning is here?

I was employing sarcasm to prove a point that skilling and pvping cannot be seperate entities, since the items produced by skilling are employed in PvP'ing on a daily basis. I don't quite see how you've disproved that point. (And really, if I wanted to go a step further, Slayer itself does not produce items. It's the monsters killed that do. It is mostly a PvM skill, whereas other skills are resource driven. You could seperate Slayer from PvP, but it's nearly impossible to do that with the other skills.)

EDIT: Derp derp, I'm an idiot. Nevermind. :(

Truthfully I'm not pleased with this change. Those that put forth the effort should be the ones that stand above the rest of the crowd. I'd be okay with the update so long as they didn't take the potions out of safe PvP... I mean, c'mon! Only thing that would happen would be a little pride is lost if you died in Soul Wars...

It certainly would've made this nerf bearable; though I probably still would be a little mad XD

hzvjpwS.gif

Out of minigames? that makes about as much sense as banning familiars in cw because they change the minigame.

newsflash> these potions change the entire game, don't worry about a minigame. its not like you are giving players with 1337 total skills a major attack bonus

I am all for our skills having a non-tradeable usefullness in PvP, but I have to say that I agree with this decision right now.

As it stands, herblore is the only non-combat skill that has these types of effects. I like the concept of the exclusive aid to people with high levels in the skill, BUT we really need there to be a few more other skills like this first. Honestly it would be bad game design for there to be attack, str, def, magic, range, hp, pray, summ, and JUST HERBLORE as the skills that you need for combat improvement. I feel that if there were 4-5 other skills that added PvP advantages, this herblore update would make more sense to stay. People wouldn't like it still, because theyd have to train SOME skill, but it would make more sense to force players to train one of their favorite skills instead of forcing everyone to have high herblore if they want to wipe up in PvP.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that I completely disagree with the decision to remove this from castle wars and other safe mini games. CW has absolutely no combat level restrictions...why does it matter if someone is just that much more insanely powerful than you? If a level 100 without herb comes across a level 100 with herb, why does it matter if the one guy gets blown out of the water? Just pretend he was a 138. Plus there are no rankings or anything like that for Castle Wars...I dunno...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

*tries not to flame to keep modness*

The extra levels gained from these potions are no more than the extra benefits of doing desert treasure quest for ancients, or money making for a few days to get your first whip. Should those things also be disabled from PVP? If its all about things taking time to get, being disabled from pvp, no items whatsoever should be allowed. Its absurd to think that just because you can't be arsed to work for something in a MMO, nobody should be able to. If you want to keep that attitude through life where any work to achieve things is to hard, so nobody else is allowed to do it, you are going to get one hell of a hit when you enter the real world yourself.

You couldn't be more wrong. Herblore has NEVER been a skill that has effected combat in any way shape or form (everything made in the skill that is used for combat has always been tradeable, meaning everyone has access to it giving none an advantage), so to suddenly change the skill completely and give a combat advantage (without appropriate increase in combat level) is illogical. You compare this to desert treasure? Desert treasure is a quest that can be done at low combat levels and offers a new form of combat. It requires much less time, effort, and money than getting 96 herblore, that's for sure. To ask your average pker to come up with nearly 100mil just to compete with other players their level is absurd. And yes, those with these new potions would tear apart players of the same combat level. You say it's the same as spending money on an ags? What happens when you die with an ags? You lose it. When you die with 10k in potions? You keep the level 96 you spent 100million on. This update was doomed from the beginning, at least Jagex is trying to fix it now.

Just because it takes more time and effort to get 96 herblore than it does to complete DT doesn't mean that it should be removed from pvp. And you say that the average pker HAS TO come up with 100mil for the level or they will be torn appart. They don't HAVE TO: they can chose not to get the level,and they can collect there own herbs. Besides, you act as though every pker at every level is going to have these pots, when in reality less than 7,000 people have the herbalore level needed to use the pots (and I doubt all of them pk).

Soldin_911.png

Idiotic decision, ruined any real purpose for these potions.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

[hide=Summarizes my thoughts nicely.]jagexhasfaile.png[/hide]

Next step is to remove Hand Cannons; after all, you need to train a lot of non-Combat Skills and do some non-Combat Quests to gain access to it. Gives unfair advantage to some rangers, doesn't it now? I mean, we can't force them to gain non-Combat Skills to gain an advantage, so the logical step is to remove them? Right?

I am the original poster of the Face_Palm one. Can I haz a cookie?

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

They might as well take the banking ability of a pack yak out of pvp too - hell, if someone sees you have a pack yak most of the time they run.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I don't disagree with the removal of these potions from bounty hunter and PvP worlds, as well as dueling arena and fight pits. However, removal from Castle Wars and Soul Wars in sort of pointless. While Herblore is not a combat skill, and as such does not have a place giving an advntage in combat, your opponents are not risking anything in CW or SW, and it would be nice for those with extreme herblore levels to be able to use these pots against other players in a pvp situation where the advantage is not all that important. I can't see the pots being so powerful that entire games of CW or SW would be decided by one team having a player with 96 herblore.

I havnt played RS in a few years now, but still like to poke on TIF now and then to see what's happening.

This truly is stupid. Ignorant, weak, and stupid of Jagex.

Someone raised the point that DT has many noncombat requirements and gives argueably the best pvp advantage in magic. the same goes for lunar spells. and this is true, jagex should have removed these spells from pvp if they remove these potions also, and there's actually more reason to do so.

These spells, give SO much more use in pvp, than any of these potions. 7 extra strength levels or attack or magic is not the same as spells that hit 30 and freeze for 20 seconds, or drain skills etc.

100 million coins and painstaking hours in herblore for a very minor advantage (excluding the mage potion, which in my opinion was sorely needed in pvp) is somehow removed, while literally 10 hours of work (all skills plus DT quest) remain in game.

the new spell books give so much more advantage, for so much less work, and yet they remain. the potions give a small bonus over players who done have them, and they are removed because players are jealous. yes jealous, they never took the time to realize that 7 levels difference isnt enough to be a true detriment, its an advantage, but not one you cant overcome.

I'm glad i quit, jagex's policy is going downhill.

ps- apologies for my lack of proper punctuation/capitalization, i'm just really lazy today.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

I don't disagree with the removal of these potions from bounty hunter and PvP worlds, as well as dueling arena and fight pits. However, removal from Castle Wars and Soul Wars in sort of pointless. While Herblore is not a combat skill, and as such does not have a place giving an advntage in combat, your opponents are not risking anything in CW or SW, and it would be nice for those with extreme herblore levels to be able to use these pots against other players in a pvp situation where the advantage is not all that important. I can't see the pots being so powerful that entire games of CW or SW would be decided by one team having a player with 96 herblore.

You do realize that a level 138 skiller with access to Overload would likely lose to a level 138 experienced PKer who has terrible non-combat skills?

PKers are always talking about how experience + PKing technique are paramount. +7 Attack, Strength, and Defense is really quite a meager advantage.

The only potion that was truly unbalanced was the Extreme Magic Potion, because it made a HUGE difference between people who could have it, and people who could not. If Extreme Potion was allowing AGS to hit 120 versus 80, I would be singing a different tune, but that's not the case.

As it stands, these potions are utterly useless. Magic is hardly used in PvM anyways, barring training purposes. When it is used, in situations such as barrows, you spend more time doing other stuff than casting, and the space is more valuable used for super restore potions and saradomin brews.

On that topic, Extreme Prayer is still trumped by Super Restore Potions. Some more prayer, versus allowing you to heal nearly double the HP per inven space without consequence?

If you ask professional monster hunters, they'll likely tell you the same story - they can live without range potions. In fact, using Extreme Range Potions means either they're bringing a lot of them since Saradomin Brew resets their range (read: less room for healing and prayer, which means less kills), or they're using food (read: less efficiency in healing, which means less kills). In a PvM environment centralized on durability, these potions are utterly useless.

If I had them already, I could see using them once in a while, but there's no motive to earn them.