20-Oct-2009 - Ardougne Achievement Diary

C110

kk so..... how do u "Kill something on the Khazard Battlefield" i did fight arena and now cannot get into the fight arena even w the helm and pl8 now what how do i get this "easy" task now??????? cannot find any info anywhere on how to over come this!

Peace

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kk so..... how do u "Kill something on the Khazard Battlefield" i did fight arena and now cannot get into the fight arena even w the helm and pl8 now what how do i get this "easy" task now??????? cannot find any info anywhere on how to over come this!

By paying attention:

Fight Arena is the fight Arena

Khazard Battlefield is the Khazard Battlefield.

2 utterly different palces.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I kinda dislike this elite ardougne diary 91 smithing req. Training 85-86 smith for the easier +5 boost from stews would have taken about 5 hours, so I thought I'd get the +6 boost faster than that. But no, 400 stews used so far, 27 +5 boosts and even a 91/85 rc boost, but still no +6 smithing boost. I'll keep going till 500 stews, if I haven't gotten it by then that's a nice 10 hours wasted on absolutely nothing lol.

Why be so silly?

Relying on a +6 boost is stupid, it's nigh-impossible to get.

Train your skill until you are 4 levels from the required level. It's what I did for Smithing (88-> 92: Dragon platebody) and Crafting (86-90: Fury).

It took less than 5 stews.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I kinda dislike this elite ardougne diary 91 smithing req. Training 85-86 smith for the easier +5 boost from stews would have taken about 5 hours, so I thought I'd get the +6 boost faster than that. But no, 400 stews used so far, 27 +5 boosts and even a 91/85 rc boost, but still no +6 smithing boost. I'll keep going till 500 stews, if I haven't gotten it by then that's a nice 10 hours wasted on absolutely nothing lol.

Why be so silly?

Train your skill until you are 4 levels from the required level. It's what I did for Smithing (88-> 92: Dragon platebody) and Crafting (86-90: Fury).

Agreed. I regularly use stews for things like this, and you should consider it a +5 boost at best, not +6, because it is so wonderfully rare. This should be noted in the items database. At least get one level for it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Why be so silly?

Agreed. I regularly use stews for things like this, and you should consider it a +5 boost at best, not +6, because it is so wonderfully rare. This should be noted in the items database. At least get one level for it.

Takes 5 hours to get 86 smithing which has no use for me and looks worse than 85. Would cost about 1600k too, about an hour of doing herb runs (which I'd do anyway, so actually more like 1.5 hours of crafting astrals). It is possible to collect spices for and eat 50 stews per hour. So, in the time it takes me to get 86 smithing (we'll just ignore the time it would take to get the +5 boost since it isn't rare), I could have used 300 stews. There's a 1/125 chance on a +6 boost each stew (5 possibilities, -2/-1/0/+1/+2, you need three +2's so 0.2^3. credits to brunokiller for this :razz:). (124/125)^300 = 9%. So, since there was a 91% chance I'd get that +6 boost within 6 hours, I decided just to do that and don't bother with smithing. I even googled around some forums, and people usually recommend others to get the extra level for a +5 boost 'because the +6 boost took me about 40 stews :o'.

I honestly don't think it was such a weird decision, and I'm not going to throw away the 8 hours already spent on it because there's another 91% chance I'll get it in the next 6 hours :mrgreen:

2dvjurb.png

Why be so silly?

Takes 5 hours to get 86 smithing which has no use for me and looks worse than 85. Would cost about 1600k too, about an hour of doing herb runs (which I'd do anyway, so actually more like 1.5 hours of crafting astrals). It is possible to collect spices for and eat 50 stews per hour. So, in the time it takes me to get 86 smithing (we'll just ignore the time it would take to get the +5 boost since it isn't rare), I could have used 300 stews. There's a 1/125 chance on a +6 boost each stew (5 possibilities, -2/-1/0/+1/+2, you need three +2's so 0.2^3. credits to brunokiller for this :razz:). (124/125)^300 = 9%. So, since there was a 91% chance I'd get that +6 boost within 6 hours, I decided just to do that and don't bother with smithing. I even googled around some forums, and people usually recommend others to get the extra level for a +5 boost 'because the +6 boost took me about 40 stews :o'.

I honestly don't think it was such a weird decision, and I'm not going to throw away the 8 hours already spent on it because there's another 91% chance I'll get it in the next 6 hours :mrgreen:

Would be funny if you get the boost right before stats go down every minute. You are like "yes!", and one second later it's 90 again.

Why be so silly?

Would be funny if you get the boost right before stats go down every minute. You are like "yes!", and one second later it's 90 again.

Haha I'm making sure that doesn't happen, I stew for 45 seconds after my stats drop and then I wait till they drop again.

2dvjurb.png

Waiting for Jade Vine to grow atm. <_<

The rewards are good, though they should add unlimited farming teleports to hard and add a better reward to Elite.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Some idiot on the RSOF is trying to get Jagex to nerf the Monastery teleports to like one teleport every 10 minutes or some crap like that. To make it even worse, a J-mod commented on the thread and said "I agree with some things on here, but not on other things."

Let's hope that he didn't agree with the unlimited teleports being nerfed.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Some idiot on the RSOF is trying to get Jagex to nerf the Monastery teleports to like one teleport every 10 minutes or some crap like that. To make it even worse, a J-mod commented on the thread and said "I agree with some things on here, but not on other things."

I don't get it... What's the point? It didn't even seem that helpful or worthwhile in the first place...

QFC please? Maybe he's got a list of valid-or-other reasons...

2dgucz6.png

I don't get it... What's the point? It didn't even seem that helpful or worthwhile in the first place...

I only use it when I plant Poison Ivy, but you could use it for a quick prayer altar and possibly use it for mining the rocks just outside

QFC: 15-16-821-59766359

I was a little disappointed that, even with the Ardougne Cloak 3, players would still only be able to teleport to the allotment patch once per day. Though, I know this is to prevent making Farming too easy and the rewards to great, so I did some balancing out. I would change this to:

Ardougne Cloak 1: 1 free teleport to allotment field per day, unlimited Monastery teleports at 30 minute intervals

Ardougne Cloak 2: 2 teleports to the allotment field per day, the second teleporting the player to a random location slightly further away and requires being repaired with a dark kebbit fur, unlimited Monastery teleports at 20 minute intervals.

Ardougne Cloak 3: 3 teleports to the allotment field per day, the second same as above, the third teleporting the player to a random location far away and requires being repaired with a dark kebbit fur, unlimited Monastery teleports at 10 minute intervals.

After Elite Tasks: Unlimited teleports to the allotment field, unlimited teleports to the Monastery.

Update: It's been pointed out the 30/20/10 minute waiting period might be too big a nerf on the cape. I've come up with possibly "recharging" the cape after every teleport to balance.

Cloak 1 - Recharge with Brother Cedric (south of zoo)

Cloak 2 - Recharge with Brother Torrell (at bush patch)

Cloak 3 - Recharge with Brother Omad (in Monastery)

After Elite Tasks - No recharge

Thank you for a very constructive and well thought out post. It's clear that you've put a lot of thought into it! Whilst some of your reasoning and opinions I don't agree with, others I do find make sense. Thank you for your view, it is appreciated.

Mod Maz

Queen of the Squirrels

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

A 10 minute delay seems reasonable, since it is a bit unfair that something you obtain for easily and for free teleports you directly to a mining spot with a surplus of both coal and iron. Makes areas like the mining guild obsolete. A 10 minute delay wouldn't make a difference for recharging prayer after, say, a slayer task for example.. Or teleporting to check on your farming patch. Even an 30min to an hour would be fine.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

A 10 minute delay seems reasonable, since it is a bit unfair that something you obtain for easily and for free teleports you directly to a mining spot with a surplus of both coal and iron. Makes areas like the mining guild obsolete. A 10 minute delay wouldn't make a difference for recharging prayer after, say, a slayer task for example.. Or teleporting to check on your farming patch. Even an 30min to an hour would be fine.

Compare that to, say, the karamja gloves. It teleports you directly to a huge stock of gem rocks and is a direct teleport to an otherwise somewhat hard to reach place. It is also unlimited. I think it's fine the way it is.

Flyingjj.png

pqe7p.png

Meh, I'll take a break and try again when I feel like it. No I'm not getting 86 smithing, it's just stupid you can go 500 stews and 34 +5 boosts without a +6 boost.

Started with 300 dwarven stouts :razz:

2dvjurb.png

Compare that to, say, the karamja gloves. It teleports you directly to a huge stock of gem rocks and is a direct teleport to an otherwise somewhat hard to reach place. It is also unlimited. I think it's fine the way it is.

Yeah its fine the way it is.

I suspect the ONLY reason he suggested giving it a delay etc was to give it parallels to the Ardougne farming patch teleport and to legitimise his desire to get to use that tele more than once a day without the stats for elite; which he did by shifting the other teleport reward to be less rewarding, so the one he wnats can be mopre rewarding

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

4 coal rocks isn;t exactly a surplus, and a faster way than Kyatt Iron Mining is nothing special.

There's just no point to a delay. Karm Gloves and Explorer Ring (the latter being especially easy) both give infinite teleports that can be considered far more valuable than Ardy Cape...

If you look carefully at the post, he wants the Monestary teleport to get nerfed so the Farming Patch tele can get more uses, preumably because he wants it with no work -.-

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

You have to remember though, you only need Ardy Cloak 1 for monastary teleport.. you can't really compare that to needing Karamja 3 for shilo. Same with kyatt, 50ish summoning vs needing a highest skill of what, 16 thieving to finish ardy easy tasks?

I never read his post, I was just pointing out a few things. 4 coal rocks isn't much, yes, but there is plenty of iron.

Tbh I think its fine the way it is too, I was just pointing out how it wouldn't be that unreasonable if jagex were to change it. That and I dislike when updates make other areas somewhat pointless to train in. Cloak 1 is so easy to obtain, why mine iron anywhere else?

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

I only use it when I plant Poison Ivy, but you could use it for a quick prayer altar and possibly use it for mining the rocks just outside

It would be great for mining, and anything that encourages people to actually mine ores instead of chasing stars all day is a Good Thing.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

By paying attention:

Fight Arena is the fight Arena

Khazard Battlefield is the Khazard Battlefield.

2 utterly different palces.

Peace

kk so give me a duh then but am confused so just where is the battlefield if not in khazard??? it is not then where u have to go through the jail to get in??? where is it then?

Well, Prehaps If... You know, actually glanced at the world map, maybe you would know. It's not like it's clearly labelled and right underneath ardougne, with about 30 or so NPC's duking it out, and a spirit tree destination being there.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.