20-Oct-2009 - Ardougne Achievement Diary

C110

Anyone have any hints on winning a Castlewars game? I've been trying for HOURS, but I'm always on the losing team. I play in Castle Wars themed worlds, shouold I play on random, non-themed worlds for an easier win? I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE I'M BEING DRIVEN MAAAAD!

The team that previously lost wins the next game 80 percent of the time on the themed worlds. Just keep that in mind.

If that doesn't work just stay on one team until you win. Zamorak is bound to win eventually.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any hints on winning a Castlewars game? I've been trying for HOURS, but I'm always on the losing team. I play in Castle Wars themed worlds, shouold I play on random, non-themed worlds for an easier win? I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE I'M BEING DRIVEN MAAAAD!

The team that previously lost wins the next game 80 percent of the time on the themed worlds. Just keep that in mind.

If that doesn't work just stay on one team until you win. Zamorak is bound to win eventually.

Well, yeah. Even if Zamorak's warriors have Saradomin's blessings bestowed on them at the start of the game while wearing the cape... :razz:

Mungo_0.png

awesomesiggeh2.jpg

Yes... Yes, that's what he said.

Siggeh1.jpg

Siggeh2.jpg

:D

"Ability to ask Eluned to sing a crystal seed into a Crystal Halberd (requires Within The Light quest)."

From Rswiki...Can anyone confirm?

Says it's a reward from the elite part.

was just about to ask same thing, can't find anything on it in KB but didn't figure they would put there immediately if this is real

"Ability to ask Eluned to sing a crystal seed into a Crystal Halberd (requires Within The Light quest)."

think for a second by yourself...

1) it's from the untrusted rs-wiki

2) it have nothing to do with ardougne

3) within the light and eleves don't have anything to do with it either

4) the rewards for elite already got posted on this thread

nuff' said.

want_a_box.png

was just about to ask same thing, can't find anything on it in KB but didn't figure they would put there immediately if this is real

Anyone can edit RSWiki, So I wouldn't trust it.

And if this was true Jagex would've announced it.

j0xPu5R.png

for all those saying omg less than .6% of level and 93 requirments etc...... dont forget u can pot tho those levels so the 91 smithing can be done at 85 smith which way more ppl have than 91

the only skill i find to be an aception is the 93 summoning as i dont think there is curently away to boost your summoning level...

so if you want to re work your math minus all requirments by 5 (caus 6 is hard to get with stews)

yes summoning is time consuming and expensive but by the time players have that high of summoning they either have the skillz or close to them and if they dont have that they have the money to poer train

.....most ppl will look at the reqs and be like ... O M G ....but when u were lv 3 you would look at the price of a rune pick or full rune and be like omg.....

my first ful lset of rune was one of my favorite feelings of acomplisments (350k per set of armour back then) and now its a joke 200k? i wish i could lose that much on a normal death but if i do ill lose 30-50times that

so in perspective it really isnt that bad it just seems like a longshot as your levels now did back at level 3 did

James_scholl.gif

Didn't think it was true either...not so much because it was on runescape wiki but because if it was a reward from such an exclusive and difficult diary that not even 7k ppl can complete then there would be so much complaining to jagex due to how long and how highly anticipated the crystal halberd has been.

People complain when there is no high level content. Then they complain when they do. Interesting :unsure:

To clear my stance up, I've never complained about the lack of high level content. In fact, I rarely complain about anythng jagex throws at us. I dislike the fact of rs turning into a get 99 everything race, but I bear with it. I'm okay when requirements are within reach, even it will take me weeks to get it. But 93 summoning? 91 smithing? These are levels that even a high level like me who've put hundreds of hours into the game and say, W T F. If you want a goal, there're always 99s for you to go for. But a diary completion really should be within the reach of us normal players instead of catered to <1% of the rs population. 6002 players with 93 summon/1m (say just 1 million total rs players)= 0.6%.

There's a reason it's called 'elite'.

Obviously I'm preaching to the wrong crowd here. If you're posting here in the middle of a Tuesday, you're NOT the typical rs player. Don't think I'm a lvl 100 here with an 1700 total. I've played rs since feb 2002 and rank 40,000 on the highscores. Just within the hiscores 40k/2m I rank within the top 2% of rs players. But no, that's apparently nowhere near elite according to jagex. the 0.6% I gave earlier is a very conservative estimate, I would say that <0.5% of rs will get access to this piece of content. Jagex should not expect even all elite players to achieve those elvels.

Elite is not all inclusive and quite frankly 40k overall is not that high, I'm around 15k overall and wouldn't refer to myself as elite, because quite frankly I'm not that high of a level

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Didn't think it was true either...not so much because it was on runescape wiki but because if it was a reward from such an exclusive and difficult diary that not even 7k ppl can complete then there would be so much complaining to jagex due to how long and how highly anticipated the crystal halberd has been.

Yeah cause thats the OBVIOUS reason to doubt it and not the fact that reward is CLEARLY in the elf lands and the diary has NOTHING to do with the elves

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah cause thats the OBVIOUS reason to doubt it and not the fact that reward is CLEARLY in the elf lands and the diary has NOTHING to do with the elves

stranger things have happened before, and after all that has happened this year with the pvp updates and untradeable herblore pots etc. I've become trained to think about how the general community would react to an update and not so much how it makes sense in the world of runescape

Not that I want them to but....

I'll bet they'll give in to any whiners like the high level potion update. Instead of a rune cross bow, it will be changed into a adamant one. <_<

Otherwise though, great diary, amazing requirements.

S2buxtG.png

for all those saying omg less than .6% of level and 93 requirments etc...... dont forget u can pot tho those levels so the 91 smithing can be done at 85 smith which way more ppl have than 91

the only skill i find to be an aception is the 93 summoning as i dont think there is curently away to boost your summoning level...

so if you want to re work your math minus all requirments by 5 (caus 6 is hard to get with stews)

yes summoning is time consuming and expensive but by the time players have that high of summoning they either have the skillz or close to them and if they dont have that they have the money to poer train

.....most ppl will look at the reqs and be like ... O M G ....but when u were lv 3 you would look at the price of a rune pick or full rune and be like omg.....

my first ful lset of rune was one of my favorite feelings of acomplisments (350k per set of armour back then) and now its a joke 200k? i wish i could lose that much on a normal death but if i do ill lose 30-50times that

so in perspective it really isnt that bad it just seems like a longshot as your levels now did back at level 3 did

I got a slight headache by reading the first two sentences of that. :thumbup:

Seriously, using grammatical structure won't kill you. This isn't the RSOF.

That said, I like the Elite requirements and rewards. Good enough to be considered a welcome bonus, but not too good that you specifically want to train the skills (at least, that's how I feel).

I wonder if Jagex'll add Elite sections to pre-existing diaries. :-k

Also, Kharidian trousers for next AD plx (maybe with ability to autosmoke traps?).

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

me thinks i shall need the elite cape before i train farming.

The monstary tele useful on bush runs, but the unlimtied ardy allotment tele = WIN

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You people running around with 10+ 99's should really just quit commenting. Does it prove how 'elite' you are? All past updates this year were geared to mid lvls? Are you kidding me?

just look at the last couple of updates:

within the light - master quest

living rock caverns - high level mining/fishing area

herblore update - obviously

woodcutting rebalance - more high level stuff to do

Those are high level updates. But none of them have level reqs like 93 summon and 91 smithing.

Yes you invested a heck a lot of time to get those skills, but you got them because you wanted the 99s or a higher total level. Achievement diaries should be something "fun" to spend my time on, get a better knowledge about the area I'm exploring and grab some rewards in the end, NOT something for you to show off your random skills; you have your fancy capes to show them off with.

I do see many people's points that it is meant to stimulate training and that even it is a good strategy for jagex financially because having high lvl req's keep high levels paying for members because there will be something to complete other than going for 99s or max cash at the end of the day.

But again, I don't think a lot of people realize how amazingly hard it is to get 93 summoning or 91 smithing. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that these requirements would be fine for say, a new high level gadget like the adze, but it's not suitable for a diary.

I doubt jagex would release a quest anytime soon with 90+ requirements (esp. on summoning) because few people would be able to enjoy the quest. I guess at least for me, achievement diaries are the same thing (esp. when they shared a tab for so long) and they should be at least completable by suffiently high level players without putting in an extraordinary effort. (a very rough estimate..1-93 summoning will take 20k+ crimsons + $ burned to use them)

So I guess in conclusion, diaries should be different from other high level content; elite diaries would work, if the definition of elite is lowered just enough to be in the 'possible' range for us high level but 'not elite enough' players.

I haven't posted in tip it in a long time and it's really been thoroughly disappointing. Just because you have 99s does not give you right to disrespect others. Most of my posts in the times of yonder (aww, good ol scapeboard..) when jagex still had sane ideas about what requirements to set and before most of you 99 capers even registered for rs.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

You people running around with 10+ 99's should really just quit commenting. Does it prove how 'elite' you are? All past updates this year were geared to mid lvls? Are you kidding me?

Those are high level updates. But none of them have level reqs like 93 summon and 91 smithing.

Yes you invested a heck a lot of time to get those skills, but you got them because you wanted the 99s or a higher total level. Achievement diaries should be something "fun" to spend my time on, get a better knowledge about the area I'm exploring and grab some rewards in the end, NOT something for you to show off your random skills; you have your fancy capes to show them off with.

I do see many people's points that it is meant to stimulate training and that even it is a good strategy for jagex financially because having high lvl req's keep high levels paying for members because there will be something to complete other than going for 99s or max cash at the end of the day.

But again, I don't think a lot of people realize how amazingly hard it is to get 93 summoning or 91 smithing. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that these requirements would be fine for say, a new high level gadget like the adze, but it's not suitable for a diary.

I doubt jagex would release a quest anytime soon with 90+ requirements (esp. on summoning) because few people would be able to enjoy the quest. I guess at least for me, achievement diaries are the same thing (esp. when they shared a tab for so long) and they should be at least completable by suffiently high level players without putting in an extraordinary effort. (a very rough estimate..1-93 summoning will take 20k+ crimsons + $ burned to use them)

So I guess in conclusion, diaries should be different from other high level content; elite diaries would work, if the definition of elite is lowered just enough to be in the 'possible' range for us high level but 'not elite enough' players.

I haven't posted in tip it in a long time and it's really been thoroughly disappointing. Just because you have 99s does not give you right to disrespect others. Most of my posts in the times of yonder (aww, good ol scapeboard..) when jagex still had sane ideas about what requirements to set and before most of you 99 capers even registered for rs.

Well they cant make a quest with requirements like this all the noob quest cape people would cry bloody murder.

Fools_Taco.png

I lol'd.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Also, Kharidian trousers for next AD plx (maybe with ability to autosmoke traps?).

Listen, just because YOUR farts are that bad, doesn't mean that everyone else's are. Lay off the skewered kebabs for it a bit.

Well EXCUuUuUuSE ME for trying the hot sauce. :(

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Listen, just because YOUR farts are that bad, doesn't mean that everyone else's are. Lay off the skewered kebabs for it a bit.

*spits juice all over the computer screen*

Thanks for that, that's a laugh I really needed.

I lol'd.

I don't get what's so funny about his post?

Staurolite.png

Too much complaining here.

I am really happy with the elite section of the achievement diary.

Even though I don't have the skills to complete it, it's refreshing to see true high level content. And it was smart of Jagex (am I really saying this) to add the elite section AFTER the third. That way, the masses of players will still be able to "complete" the diary, there's just something else you can choose to do after. The elite section is like a sidequest in my mind.

4e0Vn.png