20-Oct-2009 - Duel Tournaments Rework

@Dan3HitU

Duel Tournaments have undergone a little bit of an overhaul. Everything will look the same, but we've been working under the hood to make some improvements to the mechanics of this minigame. The changes are as follows:

On entering the Duel Tournament waiting room, you will now be assigned to a single registrar. This assignment is partially based on combat level, but also on many other factors.

The registrar you are assigned has a Tournament Rank cap. You will not be able to gain rank beyond that cap until you move on to the next registrar. The best way to move up a registrar is to train your combat skills.

Registrar caps are as follows:

• Registrar 1: rank cap of 1999
  • Registrar 2: rank cap of 2499
  • Registrar 3: rank cap of 2999
  • Registrar 4: rank cap of 3499
  • Registrar 5: no rank cap

Please note that you will not lose any rank due to this update if it is currently above your assigned registrar's cap. To remind yourself of your current cap, simply examine your assigned registrar.

We also now record when your rank passes a multiple of 500, which is referred to as a rank milestone. This milestone will be saved so that if you lose a tournament, and that loss would take you below your milestone, your rank will simply be set to the milestone amount. For example, if you had reached a Tournament Rank of 1045, your milestone rank would be recorded as 1000. If you subsequently lost a tournament which would reduce your rank by 50 points, it would only drop your rank down to 1000, since that is the last milestone you reached.

Finally, the most exciting change: we now reward the entrant who places second in a tournament with 20% of the entry fees! Now all your hard work will get some reward.

Mod Nancy

RuneScape Content Developer

Sounds good, now it's not just the high levels that are ruling the Tourneys anymore. But it still doesn't look like a very great substitute for staking... :sad:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Do people actually do this?

Not really, no :mellow:

This might attract players to play it though, since it's balanced (from what I see). But there probably won't be very many :(

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

lv95s are put into the highest lv games vs lv138s so bad update jagex just need to tweak the lvs using each register

I believe this is a bug... a lvl 69 was put into registar 4, that can't be right...

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

How am I supposed to have even a chance of winning now...I get paired up with level 138s who ice barrage the h*** outta me <_< <_<

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

Nothing much changed... I'm level 110. Put into reg. 5. Great, I can get owned by level 130s again... <_< RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

I like this update, placed second place in the second tourney I entered.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

3_Hit_U are you happy...?

Are you happy with this?

Not really, I think they need to make it more "appealing" by adding unique rewards and such, special stat-boosting gear for higher ranks/points, etc.

no bug jagex set it that way

How do you know that? Is it just an assumption or did they actually state that?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

3_Hit_U are you happy...?

Are you happy with this?

Not really, I think they need to make it more "appealing" by adding unique rewards and such, special stat-boosting gear for higher ranks/points, etc.

add a point system and a special pvp gear set you can buy with it like in World of lamecraft. that would be cool.

Fools_Taco.png

I went there.

Used money for a few rounds.

Got 130+'s every round. (Which either had steel titan or over 9000 defence)

Spoils:

- Wasted 30 minutes

- Lost 60k GP

- Lost 30 ranks

Im not coming back untill i max combat...

lv95s are put into the highest lv games vs lv138s so bad update jagex just need to tweak the lvs using each register

This is true. Though, I got ALL of my duel tournament ranks when I was 90 combat fighting maxed-out people *points to rank*

I also made a pretty nice profit from winning a couple of 1M-stake tournaments :D

Stats really don't matter in duel tournaments... knowing how to use your skills to the max advantage is what it's all about. Magic ftw!

Just sayin...

77yLQy8.png

This is true. Though, I got ALL of my duel tournament ranks when I was 90 combat fighting maxed-out people *points to rank*

I also made a pretty nice profit from winning a couple of 1M-stake tournaments :D

Stats really don't matter in duel tournaments... knowing how to use your skills to the max advantage is what it's all about. Magic ftw!

Just sayin...

YTMND

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

I'm loving this update, too bad it'll probably be deserted again in a few days. Duel tournaments are the best Minigame, the one which requires the most and has potentially awesome rewards. Too bad hardly any runescapians actually like stuff which takes skill and therefore take a while before you're good at it. Most people are like "z0mg can't win against 130's+" and then leave, while muggi and others show it's perfectly possible.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Eh, I'm 103 combat and was placed in registrar 5 against a few 138's and I got wiped out in 2 seconds even with some decent gear :\

Then I went over to registrar 4 and saw 3-5 other people same combat as me in it.

Not really sure how these registrars work since I've been seing people up to 105 in registrar 4.. :\

Ranger Boot Count: 1 :lol:

Zerkers: 4 Hatchets: 2 Warriors: 2

One problem I saw in several duels is that when summoning is allowed but food is not, players could use unicorns healing power. This was a big problem in no-heal duels, because I fought players who were full hp even after a couple rounds because of their unicorn. I, on the other hand, could only try to suffice with whatever hp my bunyip and 2 sgs specs could scrape up.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

One problem I saw in several duels is that when summoning is allowed but food is not, players could use unicorns healing power. This was a big problem in no-heal duels, because I fought players who were full hp even after a couple rounds because of their unicorn. I, on the other hand, could only try to suffice with whatever hp my bunyip and 2 sgs specs could scrape up.

When I first read this I agreed with you, but upon further evaluation, I've decided that those players earned the ability to use a unicorn to heal. No different than being d clawed + steel titan scroll specced in a single turn. :wink:

Aren't unicorns like, level 79? You could just take it out real quick.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm loving this update, too bad it'll probably be deserted again in a few days. Duel tournaments are the best Minigame, the one which requires the most and has potentially awesome rewards. Too bad hardly any runescapians actually like stuff which takes skill and therefore take a while before you're good at it. Most people are like "z0mg can't win against 130's+" and then leave, while muggi and others show it's perfectly possible.

I'm not very experienced with these tournaments since I'm not a risk-PvP fan, but isn't it true that people can/do hide until most people kill each other in the same free for all MA used to be? Neither would I be very happy to be teamed up on. I'm sure muggi and others can do fine with their ancients and zomgwtf combos but unless there aren't countermeasures for what I just mentioned, duel tournaments seem pretty unattractive to me.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|