Inside Jagex Games Studio 28th October

Carl

Some Mods are pointing out on forums who they are in the video >_>

Mod Paul M - 0:03 (Guy giving a tour of the office)

Mod Jon H - 0:55 (Blonde haired guy in the chair)

Mod Poppy - 0:57 (Pink haired girl)

Mod Timbo - 0:57 (Guy in the green shirt next to Poppy)

Mod Hohbein - 1:18 (First guy who puts is bloody hand on the window)

Mod French - 1:36 (Guy sliding off the car)

Mod Calm - 1:39 (Guy behind the steering wheel)

And we're supposed to know these guys?

OT: I liked the video, seems cool, I hope we'll get some (useless) insights, which are fun nonetheless. Too bad the sound was a bit crappy, so I couldn't hear what was behind the blocked door. Anyone care to tell me?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad the sound was a bit crappy, so I couldn't hear what was behind the blocked door. Anyone care to tell me?

He just said the door was sealed off. Don't recognise what's on the larger of the two pieces of paper stuck to the door, but the smaller one has the 28 Days/Weeks later symbol on it.

OT: I liked the video, seems cool, I hope we'll get some (useless) insights, which are fun nonetheless. Too bad the sound was a bit crappy, so I couldn't hear what was behind the blocked door. Anyone care to tell me?

I'm pretty sure he said it was the ICU or the Isolation room or something to that effect :mellow:

And I know Mod Timbo from TET events :D

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'm pretty sure he said it was the ICU or the Isolation room or something to that effect :mellow:

And I know Mod Timbo from TET events :D

I Know all of those Mods just not personally the future videos should be fun.

Mod Paul M with his camcorder doing a Blair witch type thing in the Jagex offices with all the zombies his only hope is to spell out S.O.S with lego

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I'm not being rude here, and I haven't actually watched the video, but really?

They're on thin ice here and this is how they budget their time? Now, if things were all well, strong update with little controversy after strong update, economy back on track, rampant inflation staked through the heart, and so forth, I'd be find with these shenanigans.

But, here's the thing. Generals who lose battles are unpopular. They get very little slack. The same applies to those in the entertainment business.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Why don't I find Jagex's humor lately very funny at all? This year has been horrible and then they make a video like this that explains the obvious.

What makes this post disturbing is that it implies that you actually found Jagex humour funny at a point in time.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Why don't I find Jagex's humor lately very funny at all? This year has been horrible and then they make a video like this that explains the obvious.

What makes this post disturbing is that it implies that you actually found Jagex humour funny at a point in time.

I never found it to have much comedic merit, but I appreciated a corny joke once in awhile. This crap is just obnoxious.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Have to really give it up to Jagex...that had some really brilliant moments of humor :lol:. Can't wait to see more!

(Is second guessing any dreams of visiting Jagex Studios with such a rampant zombie infestation afoot...)

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Whee zombies!

More vids soon please!

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

They're on thin ice here and this is how they budget their time? Now, if things were all well, strong update with little controversy after strong update, economy back on track, rampant inflation staked through the heart, and so forth, I'd be find with these shenanigans.

But, here's the thing. Generals who lose battles are unpopular. They get very little slack. The same applies to those in the entertainment business.

Where the hell do you get off? They're not on thin ice, they are releasing strong updates, the economy..well...that speaks for itself and is only players to blame..

But here's the thing..Generals are paid who sit at the top. They're paying those who are working for them. Yes, do we understand that much? Now, Jagex are paying themselves, those sitting at the top are the ones who built that company and have it expanded so much they havr 400 staff and so much in-game content. You're paying them, and the moment you're unhappy you don't have to worry about "Quitting" because you need the money to survive. You can quit at any time and actually SAVE money! Yeah! Now do us all a favour..

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Where the hell do you get off? They're not on thin ice, they are releasing strong updates, the economy..well...that speaks for itself and is only players to blame..

But here's the thing..Generals are paid who sit at the top. They're paying those who are working for them. Yes, do we understand that much? Now, Jagex are paying themselves, those sitting at the top are the ones who built that company and have it expanded so much they havr 400 staff and so much in-game content. You're paying them, and the moment you're unhappy you don't have to worry about "Quitting" because you need the money to survive. You can quit at any time and actually SAVE money! Yeah! Now do us all a favour..

First off, they are on thin ice. The economy is a major sticking point which, due to their long running interference with the G.E, the G.E itself, and their inaction/failed action against 76king, they are mostly responsible for. Furthermore, a year of short inconsequential quests (a feature on which they, and many players, consider themselves "the best"), a very lackluster first 8 months, mobilizing armies spectacular failure, and their potion update being greatly compromised in a manner that rubbishes it, they aren't on particular stable footing.

I should have clarified on the general statement. I was thinking of ancient generals. Greeks, Romans, and so forth. A general who succeeded was greatly admired, wealthy, and popular. But, should his luck fail, he would quickly become reviled. This could often lead to exile, execution, and other unsavory consequences. Similarly, any corporation that specializes in entertainment will get a lot of slack when doing well, but the moment they begin to falter their leash becomes rather short.

Edit/P.S.: I get off by having a functioning brain, freedom of speech, and the fact that Jagex haven't exactly wowed me in recent years.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I though it was really good, and a great idea from Jagex :thumbsup: It's nice to see inside of the Jagex studios, and definitely makes them look much more open! I'm looking forward to seeing future videos!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

First off, they are on thin ice. The economy is a major sticking point which, due to their long running interference with the G.E, the G.E itself, and their inaction/failed action against 76king, they are mostly responsible for. Furthermore, a year of short inconsequential quests (a feature on which they, and many players, consider themselves "the best"), a very lackluster first 8 months, mobilizing armies spectacular failure, and their potion update being greatly compromised in a manner that rubbishes it, they aren't on particular stable footing.

I should have clarified on the general statement. I was thinking of ancient generals. Greeks, Romans, and so forth. A general who succeeded was greatly admired, wealthy, and popular. But, should his luck fail, he would quickly become reviled. This could often lead to exile, execution, and other unsavory consequences. Similarly, any corporation that specializes in entertainment will get a lot of slack when doing well, but the moment they begin to falter their leash becomes rather short.

Edit/P.S.: I get off by having a functioning brain, freedom of speech, and the fact that Jagex haven't exactly wowed me in recent years.

Interference to get the economy working properly again due to fools abusing the PvP System/GE. (Players to blame..) Year of short quests, right...Did you happen to miss out on all of the patch notes etc? Which was their main goal of this year, to clean up the content we already had. Jagex wouldn't be much affected by people with your attitude who quit, because there's still hundreds of thousands of players daily who enjoy the game as is and will continue doing so. Updates? I don't think you can really say if an update's bad, generally, that just means you didn't enjoy it. But you don't speak for everyone.

Still finding it funny how you're comparing war with all of this and generals.. It seems, going by you, Jagexs' luck has been failing quite a lot, but they're still here, you're still here, I'm unsure as to wether you're a member but most people who post here are. And most people aren't complaining. :thumbup:

If you find a problem with Jagex taking what..just a few hours to make a humerous video for their customers to give them some insight well then I'm afraid you have some problems. :-| Afterall, they didn't have to post this video? What if they really did act like this all the time? You're none the wiser.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Wow. Its only a bit of fun. A two minute video isnt going to take hours to produce and the guys probably did it during their lunch break, or a task as a team-bonding exercise. What is the problem? Just because they may not spend every single second of their lives developing Runescape? The horror! :o

Let the Jagex managers decide how to delegate their time. They are a multi BILLIONAIRE company afterall, I think they know best.

No no Ravenkana is right, Jagex must be working 24/7 constantly, with no breaks, no fun, work work work...

All work and no play makes Jagex a dull boy.

asrhasrh.jpg

Godwins law has been amended to include sailing.

LOL! With a 1/3 chance that it'll be "sailing the Graf Spee" ... funny.

I think there's definitely a problem with JAGEX. It appears that a zombie virus has affected the place. We'd better either call Scotland Yard or grab our own equipment and get up there straight away! :ohnoes:

Retired Player Moderator - Light Arcana General

Egbert_O_Foo.png

I smiled when I watched it.

As for the people who complained about them wasting their time doing this... wow.

Well of course.

Jagex has to work 24/7 making updates they're going to complain about anyway, even if it's exactly what they wanted.

Jagex will only get stupid jokes (TIF), death threats (RSOF), and rants full of falsehoods, logical errors, exaggerations, whining and stupidity (both), but they'll still continue paying them because in truth most of them are already happy with the crapload of content already in the game.

I'll be joining the event, will look fun.

And for anyone who hasn't noticed: I AM AN AZTEC GOOOOODDDD!!!!!

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Am I the only one who think they missed the mark with this video? Zombies and all that, yeah, it's funny, but it could've been so much more. They should have played up the whole idea that they're lazy and don't do anything.

Instead of dead people on the computers, it would've been great if they had been sleeping. Maybe have a couple of people sleeping under the desks. People haing around playing checkers instead of working. Open a door and find two of the Mods in there snogging. That would've been better I think. And they didn't have one Monty Python reference, which is kinda sad.

Oh, and you guys are probably right about them just doing it with a quick few minutes, but imagine the awesomeness if he gone into the Mechscape room and flashing lights went off, there were sirens, and a guard threw him back out of the room. :-D

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.