RSC Trial-Period Over

Toad

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone want to buy me membership so I can play? :lol:

Just kidding obviously, I wish I could play though. RSC was fun for the two week I played it back in the day.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

RSC Wildy rules. No crap massive useless volcano plonked into the middle of it. And no silly clan wars arena either.

To train prayer, kill blue dragons in Taverly Dungeon + Bury. The Lilyuffie way.

Lilyuffie bought the majority and I Think 95-99 was in rs2 which Dragon bones gave more xp then :)

Most players now aren't high enough to kill dragons (yet) so the method would be good if you're already established in classic :grin:

But you are right that they're probably the best bet for higher tier prayer! :thumbsup:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Ah, RuneScape Classic. Times filled with adventure, loss, and friendship.

At least, that's what I thought.

I have never been one of the original players, however, when I joined RS2, I gave RuneScape Classic a run for its money as well. I remember it being old, yet gripping and well made. I eventually left it alone, and moved back to RS2, which ended up disabling my RSC account. Since Jagex opened it again, I tried it, and it was nothing like I remembered it to be, 3-4 years ago. I suppose this is because I am now comparing it to RuneScape HD, and all of it's new content. It just doesn't seem to have the same 'coolness' as it did before.

Still, one can appreciate RuneScape's history and how it came to be by playing this classic game. This in mind, I encourage everyone to make an account. It's good for gamers who enjoy a challenge, and players that want to relive the old style of RuneScape. If you're all about flash and graphics, however, I wouldn't expect to fall in love instantly. Don't forget that it was made in 2000. :blink:

Ah, RuneScape Classic. Times filled with adventure, loss, and friendship.

At least, that's what I thought.

I have never been one of the original players, however, when I joined RS2, I gave RuneScape Classic a run for its money as well. I remember it being old, yet gripping and well made. I eventually left it alone, and moved back to RS2, which ended up disabling my RSC account. Since Jagex opened it again, I tried it, and it was nothing like I remembered it to be, 3-4 years ago. I suppose this is because I am now comparing it to RuneScape HD, and all of it's new content. It just doesn't seem to have the same 'coolness' as it did before.

Still, one can appreciate RuneScape's history and how it came to be by playing this classic game. This in mind, I encourage everyone to make an account. It's good for gamers who enjoy a challenge, and players that want to relive the old style of RuneScape. If you're all about flash and graphics, however, I wouldn't expect to fall in love instantly. Don't forget that it was made in 2000. :blink:

Way I see it is:

Rsc - SelfSufficientScape

Rs2 - HowMuchMoneyDoYouHaveInYourGeBoxScape

Spending power is more apparent in RS2 especially with trading limits, junk etc people will still try to work around the trade limit as much as they can so I admire classic for the old ways of scaping without so many restraints.

I know restraints are there for good reason but I also know that with current affairs get rich quick (merchant clans) is really just another way of staking in my eyes, blowing all your money in an item with zero potential.

Classic goes back to the games roots, sure the graphics aren't great but it has that arcade feel to it which is what I love and I do like to go and gather my own resources which I think in RS2 doesn't happen unless you count summon as one.

That's my short ramblin' on classic :P

I've finally found a measely source of income!

I basically mine iron in east varrock mines, bank at closest bank then sell it at the ore shop in Dwarven mines for 11gp each. It's not the best, but I need at least 5K to get started and fund my character. It's a lot of fun though, currently 22 mining \:D/

disturbeda.png

I logged in for 30 seconds and wanted to kill myself.

That's what happens when you go from one level of difficulty to another that isn't anywhere near the same ballpark. :P

By the way, when you classic for like an hour, and then switch over to HD, the difference between the two is quite astounding.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I basically mine iron in east varrock mines, bank at closest bank then sell it at the ore shop in Dwarven mines for 11gp each. It's not the best, but I need at least 5K to get started and fund my character. It's a lot of fun though, currently 22 mining \:D/

People buy iron ore for 100gp each, in certs, that is ;)

I did Sheep Herder for the 3k to begin Classic with.

Sheep Herder is pain when you can't run (Atleast it was for me).

Its rather interesting to just explore, because you kinda feel like you know where you are but everything is soo primitive at the same time. :P

Thanks for the links aswell smelly. I was feeling soo clueless on what to do at some points.

Its rather interesting to just explore, because you kinda feel like you know where you are but everything is soo primitive at the same time. :P

Thanks for the links aswell smelly. I was feeling soo clueless on what to do at some points.

Thank the crewbies :)

Does anyone know where I can change my base clothing and hair? (If its even possible.)

A guy told me falador for hair and varrock for the clothes, but I couldnt find either of them. :(

Made my character back when rsc was open for all players, but lost access due to not beeing a member in the 6 month period. Now I look all ugly. :P

I also logged in at lumbridge and didnt get to do the tutorial, yet I logged out in the tutorial back when I first tried rsc.

My oh so awesome pker :-D

Sucks that I didnt't have as much cash on this acc as I thought I did, took a while to get some armour

rsc20091115.png

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

People buy iron ore for 100gp each, in certs, that is ;)

I was gonna sell all my Iron ore (about 300 in total) to the ore shop when I realised jus how much it was worth. I nearly shot myself :XD:. Problem is, noone is buying it at the moment... I'll hold onto it for a few weeks and wait for the economy to pick up. When people train smithing and have a use for it, I'll be able to sell it in large quantities.

I did Sheep Herder for the 3k to begin Classic with.

Sheep Herder is pain when you can't run (Atleast it was for me).

It gives you 3K? o.o I'll go do it now. And yeah not been able to run is quite annoying, but it gives you time to take in the extremely flat scenery.

disturbeda.png

To be a fly on the wall when these "new" RSC players learn that "single way combat" means one of EACH type of combat is allowed, not just "one verse one" fights...

You mean its 1 vs 1 melee and as many others as you want can range and mage.

I guess I should have written that clearer! But it should still be fun. How many "bug" reports will that cause I wonder?

Thank you Jagex for opening up Classic again! While I will get to enjoy the "locked" veteran server, I won't enjoy the drop in prices the players who will start botting on the rest will cause... I guess you can't have it all huh? Could have just let level 110+ in RS lite get in, and told them cheating in EITHER game would result in a ban in BOTH. But I guess that would have been to hard to do. Maybe this will get the Classic economy really rolling again...

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."