Will Zaros Bring the Balance Back?

wab

when you talk with juna about the latest quest, she says the following:

"

YOU: ...And, with the communication portal restored Azzanadra could talk to Zaros again.

JUNA: Finally, the order shifts towards balance once again. You know, of course, that Zamorak is merely a pretender-god. For a mortal to assume such power is really not good for balance.

"

( took from ROSF, qfc: 15-16-513-60001003 )

does this mean guthix actually wont' resist the most feared god to be back to gielinor? maybe he's the only one guthix trust not to ruin the planet? or maybe zamorak isn't filling his job as "the evil god" good enought for keeping it balanced?

Discuss.

want_a_box.png

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Zamorak became a god, he was hated by all the other gods, as he was not a god by birth, but by betrayal and luck.

He then started the god wars, wich involved bandos, zamorak, armadyl and Saradomin, and destroyed what is now known as the Wilderness. Guthix then woke up from his sleep and finished the war, baning all gods from Gielinor.

Bringin Zaros back, and killing zamorak would be a way to keep the balence that was once established end then ruined by zamorak, hence why juna and guthix like/allow zaros to return from this plain of existance.

Also, apart from stories, nothing tell us that Zaros was trully evil, that could be a rumour spread by Zamorakians/Saradominists.

As a guthixian priest, those are my 2cents. Guthix, the superior god, might event unite with zaros for a grand scheme involving all the Mahjarrat who knows?

I get the impression we may become (or have access to temporarily) some god-esque abilites.

Afterall They not happy with Zammy or Lucien.

Guthix doesnt seem to mind us playing with stone of jas and thus big power.

Guthix AND Zaros both (indirectly) have said we have a purpose in the future to them.

Perhaps we are "special" and thus Guth and Zar r gonna charge us up so we can bop Lucien on the head then grab the stone of Jas and transfer zammys power bk to Zaros?

(afte rall the bad elves are trying to bring zammy back)

But at the same time it may get uber godly cause Armadyl might pop bk up since his guys are like oh em gee do it! Bandos is like BOOOOO I hates you stopping me. Getting into Elf lands we might find Seren. The desert gods all like us, cept devourer and the mummy ghost said we'll have to sort 'er out sometime.

We are jsut like the god fixer!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think what Juna foresees what Zaros will do when he returns. Currently, it seems that Zamorak (or at least his followers) is no match for Saradomin. Thus, Lucien wishes to become a God to tip the scales in the favor of evil. Juna knows full well that when Zaros will returns, he will take revenge on the fools that betrayed him, including Zamorak and Lucien, and then take his rightful place as the God of Evil, Saradomin's equal and opposite.

Or, perhaps there was another god of righteousness before Saradomin. I recall Saradomin being much weaker than Zaros, actually. Perhaps Armadyl?

I get the impression we may become (or have access to temporarily) some god-esque abilites.

Afterall They not happy with Zammy or Lucien.

Guthix doesnt seem to mind us playing with stone of jas and thus big power.

Guthix AND Zaros both (indirectly) have said we have a purpose in the future to them.

Perhaps we are "special" and thus Guth and Zar r gonna charge us up so we can bop Lucien on the head then grab the stone of Jas and transfer zammys power bk to Zaros?

(afte rall the bad elves are trying to bring zammy back)

But at the same time it may get uber godly cause Armadyl might pop bk up since his guys are like oh em gee do it! Bandos is like BOOOOO I hates you stopping me. Getting into Elf lands we might find Seren. The desert gods all like us, cept devourer and the mummy ghost said we'll have to sort 'er out sometime.

We are jsut like the god fixer!

Hahahaaa "bop Lucien on the head"

Yeah, we've definitely managed to attract the attentions of a whole lot of very powerful gods and godlets. Bandos is pissed since we pwned him, Armadyl is probably not too annoyed if we choose the 'good' side in Temple of Ikov, desert gods, yeah, like us, except Amascut who's been exceedingly grumpy ever since her brother had anything to do with the Mahjarrat, Zamorak will be less than amused if/when he finds out we brought Zaros out of the isolation he had been in, Guthix thinks we're useful, and Zaros is probably as close to grateful as a god is likely to get to a mere mortal. Dunno about Seren, though...

Do tell me if I missed any gods.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Well Seren wise:

If we get into the elf city AND stop the meanie bad elfs.

The good elfs will be like YAY danceness! and reform the crystal city from seeds. If they do this they should be able to properly communicate with Seren again, since communication with her seems to of been partly lsot and seems to be tied to the crystal city. So Seren will be like WOOOOOO go you. Have a cookie.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You seem to be missing the point, Zaros is NOT an evil god or the god of evil. He's known as the empty lord or the dark one, but nowhere does it say that he is an evil god, and Jagex have even confirmed that Zaros is not evil, but may even be on the side of good

Guthix also wants balance, so could this be conclusive that if we were to kill Lucien and/or Zamorak, this could upset the balance too far in the favour of good?

At the current moment in time (based on if you've completed While Guthix Sleeps), there is too much bad influence on balance, due to Lucien and his hold on the Stone of Jas, but Zaros (lets assume that Jagex is telling us the truth, and he is a good god) returning will swing the balance to good, and Saradomin+Zaros=Zaros+Zamorak. You have balance :o

EDIT: Just for some proof, first paragraph of this link : http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Zaros - shows that Zaros may not have been evil, as revealed on the RSOF

EDIT2.0: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/postbag_27 - A post from a TIF'er I haven't seen in a long time :( shows a bit more information about Zaros :)

EDIT3.0: For god sake, I like this topic too much, I gotta edit my post again! There is also the possibility that Guthix does not know about Zaros, as his reign began after Guthix slept for the first time, and he had already been betrayed and 'killed' by Zamorak, before Guthix woke up again, so that might have some relevance :o

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

The thing is guthix is the god of balance and nature.

Whos to say he wants balance of good vs evil?

He prob just wants a balance of nature and people.

Which would be why is is AGAINST destructive gods eg Zamroak and what Lucien would be.

The question we should reall ask is if we strip it back to merely the "true" gods what are we missing a god of?

We have Wisdom, War, Justice, Nature and whatever Zaros is.

I get the impression Zaros is a destructive god, but unlike Zamorak is destructive with purpose

To edit 3 above, Guthix clear does. Given that Juna is basically the mouth piece between us and Guthix and after the latest quest she talks about Zaros and restoring balance.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

At the current moment in time (based on if you've completed While Guthix Sleeps), there is too much bad influence on balance, due to Lucien and his hold on the Stone of Jas, but Zaros (lets assume that Jagex is telling us the truth, and he is a good god) returning will swing the balance to good, and Saradomin+Zaros=Zaros+Zamorak. You have balance :o

Are you saying Zaros is(Saradomin-Zamorak)/2? Blasphemy.

Joking aside, make your point more clear please, i don't have english as a mother language.

Joking aside, make your point more clear please, i don't have english as a mother language.

Fail; at algebra re-arrnaging

Saradomin+Zaros = Zaros + Zamorak would go as such:

Saradomin + Zaros - Zamorak = Zaros

Saradomin - Zamorak = Zaros - Zaros

So Saradomin - Zamorak = 0

lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Fail; at algebra re-arrnaging

Saradomin+Zaros = Zaros + Zamorak would go as such:

Saradomin + Zaros - Zamorak = Zaros

Saradomin - Zamorak = Zaros - Zaros

So Saradomin - Zamorak = 0

lol

Dangit, i've been working with vectors i can't believe i failed that :o

I was just keeping the balence between my utter perfect wins and my few epic fails. <.<

I agree with paw and it'd make a hell of a quest having god like powers in specific areas I was asking people would it be possible (to the reply of n0 LULz), even somehow be invovled in a ritual to turn us into a mahjarrat would be epic lol

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The thing is guthix is the god of balance and nature.

Whos to say he wants balance of good vs evil?

He prob just wants a balance of nature and people.

Which would be why is is AGAINST destructive gods eg Zamroak and what Lucien would be.

The question we should reall ask is if we strip it back to merely the "true" gods what are we missing a god of?

We have Wisdom, War, Justice, Nature and whatever Zaros is.

I get the impression Zaros is a destructive god, but unlike Zamorak is destructive with purpose

To edit 3 above, Guthix clear does. Given that Juna is basically the mouth piece between us and Guthix and after the latest quest she talks about Zaros and restoring balance.

I disagree.

Juna may represent what it thinks Guthix WOULD think. I don't think Juna is a mouth between us and Guthix, more of an envoy?

Time for the Kalafai theory!

You see, back in the day, Zaros, the empty lord, with is cool forehead tattoo and emo hair, sided with Saradomin, the not necessarily good god of order.

And they got in a war with the desert goods, a little back and forth. Then with a decisive strike, they made it to the heart of the opposition, and had big magical flasy showdown with a vast army of majharrat.

And when the majharrat were like "No kill us please" Saradomin was like "nah, you not on my side, I keeeeel you"

But Zaros was like "sure, be free, and come under my rule."

And then Saradomin went "WTF? We just fought these guys, they aren't on our side! There are only two sides! They not on my side, they on your side, you must not be on my side... I keeeeeel you for being with not on my side siders!"

And so now you know.

Time for the Kalafai theory!

You see, back in the day, Zaros, the empty lord, with is cool forehead tattoo and emo hair, sided with Saradomin, the not necessarily good god of order.

And they got in a war with the desert goods, a little back and forth. Then with a decisive strike, they made it to the heart of the opposition, and had big magical flasy showdown with a vast army of majharrat.

And when the majharrat were like "No kill us please" Saradomin was like "nah, you not on my side, I keeeeel you"

But Zaros was like "sure, be free, and come under my rule."

And then Saradomin went "WTF? We just fought these guys, they aren't on our side! There are only two sides! They not on my side, they on your side, you must not be on my side... I keeeeeel you for being with not on my side siders!"

And so now you know.

You just made my morning, I lol'd :P Its a nice theory :)

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

While Zaros represents destruction (the natural opposite of creation), it is Zamorak who has corrupted this purpose with greed and wrath. Zammy kind of reminds me of Loki. Also don't confuse Zaros' purpose with the Devourer, she's more of a pain/death kind of gal. Don't think she hates us, these constant attempts to kill us are just her way of making friends. :D

Zaros was holding up the other half of a world which lived in relative peace and a time where people were content to enjoy what used to be fertile territory. It seems like even the wilderness used to be a nice place even with Zaros' temples firmly planted about the whole area, but after he was banished the stupid wars with Zamorak ruined everything there.

So, who really started this conflict? I'm not really clear why everybody turned against Zaros at that point in time and would like to know more.

Hm.

But I'm starting to think that Guthix is actually the sentient mind of Gielinor or something, and was given form by whoever those ancients were.

Man, those other gods are gonna be mad when they figure out what's happening.

8f14270694.jpg

While Zaros represents destruction (the natural opposite of creation), it is Zamorak who has corrupted this purpose with greed and wrath. Zammy kind of reminds me of Loki. Also don't confuse Zaros' purpose with the Devourer, she's more of a pain/death kind of gal. Don't think she hates us, these constant attempts to kill us are just her way of making friends. :D

Zaros was holding up the other half of a world which lived in relative peace and a time where people were content to enjoy what used to be fertile territory. It seems like even the wilderness used to be a nice place even with Zaros' temples firmly planted about the whole area, but after he was banished the stupid wars with Zamorak ruined everything there.

So, who really started this conflict? I'm not really clear why everybody turned against Zaros at that point in time and would like to know more.

Hm.

But I'm starting to think that Guthix is actually the sentient mind of Gielinor or something, and was given form by whoever those ancients were.

From what I understand, Zaros' banishing prompted Zamorak and Saradomin to fight over his kingdom and land, which was great and vast.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Hm.

From what I understand, Zaros' banishing prompted Zamorak and Saradomin to fight over his kingdom and land, which was great and vast.

From what I understand, when Zamorak pulled a switcharoo and got rid of Zaros, the other gods (Bandos, Arma, and Sara) were all like "ZOMG! JAMFLEX GAVE HIM TEH GOD POWERZ!!! NAO HE'LL KEEL US I PVP @!@!@!@@@@@!@!!!!!!!!" and so like every such time in any jagex game the gods were like "PILE ON THE N()()B GOD!!!"

Thus did the god wars begin

Dark_Avorian.png

Zaros was never an evil god, people just assume this :)

Also, maybe Zaros has some connection with Guthix that people don't really know, possibly Guthix's father?

I can imagine Zaros meeting Guthix

Zaros: Guthix, I am your father

Guthix: WTF no you're not

Zaros: *ANCIENT DDS SPECS GUTHIX* OWNED

So from this we learn that Zaros=DARTH VADER

TIS TEH TRUTHS :mellow:

Money_Wasted.png

Zaros was never an evil god, people just assume this :)

Also, maybe Zaros has some connection with Guthix that people don't really know, possibly Guthix's father?

I can imagine Zaros meeting Guthix

Zaros: Guthix, I am your father

Guthix: WTF no you're not

Zaros: *ANCIENT DDS SPECS GUTHIX* OWNED

So from this we learn that Zaros=DARTH VADER

TIS TEH TRUTHS :mellow:

Made me lol :thumbsup:

But yeah, Zaros could have some relation to Guthix... Who knows :roll:

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

Doubtful. If Zaros was Guthix's father, whouldn't Guthix knew who created? Guthix doesn't know who Zaros is, at least he didn't before all of this started to happen

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum