Will Zaros Bring the Balance Back?

wab

Zaros was never an evil god, people just assume this :)

Also, maybe Zaros has some connection with Guthix that people don't really know, possibly Guthix's father?

I can imagine Zaros meeting Guthix

Zaros: Guthix, I am your father

Guthix: WTF no you're not

Zaros: *ANCIENT DDS SPECS GUTHIX* OWNED

So from this we learn that Zaros=DARTH VADER

TIS TEH TRUTHS :mellow:

dds and not ags/d claws? or zaros is really poor, or he's soooo '06 :roll:

anyways good theories everyone, some made me laught hard time ;)

but let's assume for sec zaros is evil. evil guys never going till kind of a limit then saying "ok the balance is reached, I'm over for now", so if he's evil, how it'll eventually (after we get rid of zamorak&lucien) it'll turn to balance? I think one of those 2 options will happend:

1) zaros is actually good, and they don't totally success with zamorak/lucien

2) zaros is the bad guy, and after we finish lucien/zamorak, we need to banish him aswell (god powers to us FTW?! \:D/ )

want_a_box.png

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think he will. With the elves/mourners doing w/e they are doing and Zamorak and Saradomin followers trying to get rid of the the Guthix Edicts.

And there is something up with the Phoenix gang as well. They have some interest what if going on with the dig site and what they are doing.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I don't really think he will. With the elves/mourners doing w/e they are doing and Zamorak and Saradomin followers trying to get rid of the the Guthix Ethics.

And there is something up with the Phoenix gang as well. They have some interest what if going on with the dig site and what they are doing.

They are Guthix's Edicts, not ethics.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I don't really think he will. With the elves/mourners doing w/e they are doing and Zamorak and Saradomin followers trying to get rid of the the Guthix Ethics.

They are Guthix's Edicts, not ethics.

Oh? Okay thanks

howlin1eeveesig.png

While Zaros represents destruction (the natural opposite of creation), it is Zamorak who has corrupted this purpose with greed and wrath. Zammy kind of reminds me of Loki. Also don't confuse Zaros' purpose with the Devourer, she's more of a pain/death kind of gal. Don't think she hates us, these constant attempts to kill us are just her way of making friends. :D

Zaros was holding up the other half of a world which lived in relative peace and a time where people were content to enjoy what used to be fertile territory. It seems like even the wilderness used to be a nice place even with Zaros' temples firmly planted about the whole area, but after he was banished the stupid wars with Zamorak ruined everything there.

So, who really started this conflict? I'm not really clear why everybody turned against Zaros at that point in time and would like to know more.

Hm.

But I'm starting to think that Guthix is actually the sentient mind of Gielinor or something, and was given form by whoever those ancients were.

Man, those other gods are gonna be mad when they figure out what's happening.

i don't think Zaros was a destroyer. He wouldn't have built cities if he was a God of destruction. He would have ravaged them. I think he may have been a kind of neutral God. Perhaps simply a conqueror like Alexander the Great or the Roman Empire. They were hated by a lot of people because they took over, but they weren't evil and actually were very beneficial to the lands they conquered. I believe the other gods may have simply opposed him because he subjugated their territory. I think perhaps Zaros simply sees most of the other gods as pretenders to his throne. It seems like he may value might and order under his rule above all else.

Edit: This is partly coming from the quote about surrounding himself with the minions of evil, and their likelihood of turning on him, and partly from Azzanadra's statements about his "order and peace." It seems he simply recruited the most powerful minions he could find regardless of their alignment. This would certainly support my theories.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

What if Zaros is the balance of Guthix? He is the god of balance, so he needs something to balance himself.

Zaros could be totally neutral, keeping the balance opposite Guthix. 'Empty lord' would suggest he is neutral, and actually has little or no effect, which would put him nicely as the balance of Guthix who has a large effect (when awake) and is also neutral.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think Zaros is evil. If he isn't, then the world was completely unbalanced before Zamorak, unless there was some other evil god nobody knows about, which I think is highly unlikely. More likely, he is just a better evil god than Zamorak, at least in my opinion.

Doubtful. If Zaros was Guthix's father, whouldn't Guthix knew who created? Guthix doesn't know who Zaros is, at least he didn't before all of this started to happen

Guthix could be from a very dysfunctional family.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Balance is not always having equal amounts of good and evil. "Balance" in the Guthixian sense could be "No chaos-causing, disruptive gods", not "Equal numbers of good and evil gods"

Zamorak and possibly Bandos are disruptive forces, Saradomin is because of his anti-Zamorak zealotry, and Armadyl and Zaros are probably not. Zaros's return, as he is the second-most powerful god, would help bring order. Zamorak, the main source of chaos, would be gone, Saradominist zealotry would tone down, and Bandos is already retreating from Runescape.

Thus order, unless the other gods decided to rebel.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Let me clarify.

While I think Zaros was the god of destruction, I don't think he was a "destructive" god in the sense that he would spread wrath and terror. That's what Zamorak is.

I think that he is the force responsible for the natural end of things. To me, Guthix represents the force of creation and is his counterpart, in some respect, even though most of his work was reshaping the world into a living habitat.

Zaros is called the "Empty Lord", and I interpret this to mean that he is the natural force leaning towards entropy, in which all things eventually become old and fade into oblivion. In a way, he is also about balance, in the sense that Guthix brings meaning and diversity to the world, while Zaros removes all definition and form from it, rendering everything equally inert.

Neither of them can be considered "good" or "evil", but they are both necessary to give existence a purpose.

8f14270694.jpg

Let me clarify.

While I think Zaros was the god of destruction, I don't think he was a "destructive" god in the sense that he would spread wrath and terror. That's what Zamorak is.

I think that he is the force responsible for the natural end of things. To me, Guthix represents the force of creation and is his counterpart, in some respect, even though most of his work was reshaping the world into a living habitat.

Zaros is called the "Empty Lord", and I interpret this to mean that he is the natural force leaning towards entropy, in which all things eventually become old and fade into oblivion. In a way, he is also about balance, in the sense that Guthix brings meaning and diversity to the world, while Zaros removes all definition and form from it, rendering everything equally inert.

Neither of them can be considered "good" or "evil", but they are both necessary to give existence a purpose.

Exactly what i was trying to express in my post. He could be the balance opposite Guthix. In a way, he could be much like the grim reaper, not evil, but is the carrier to the afterlife, the ending.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Exactly what i was trying to express in my post. He could be the balance opposite Guthix. In a way, he could be much like the grim reaper, not evil, but is the carrier to the afterlife, the ending.

you know i never really considered dragonkin to be aligned with Zaros.

But now that you mention that Zaros could balance out Guthix, i reconsidered.

there ARE metal dragons at the Ghorrock fortress

that and the KBD once said "Guthix should remember well that for every balance there is a counterbalance"

that and i remember some other quote about dragonkin being masters of stability

Naaxi.png

Let me clarify.

The thing that makes me doubt this, is that under Zarosian rule, his forces built large and flourishing cities. A god who was based in bringing nothingness would seek to tear down and eliminate all life and civilization, thereby throwing the plane into nothingness. It just wouldn't make sense to build a city if you sought entropy and destruction. I have a feeling that his title "The Empty Lord" means that he is empty of emotion or compassion. It would seem to me that he is neither good nor evil but merely seeks to rule over all. He has no allegiance and therefore is the perfect agent of balance. I believe some may have seen him as a cruel or evil god because he had no concern for mortal life. Any who opposed him would be destroyed, simply for the fact that they did oppose his rule. He would side with neither good nor evil.

Those who followed him would reap the benefits of his power and flourish while those who opposed him would be trampled beneath his feet. In this way his followers would see him a pillar of justice and order, and his opposition would see him as a dark force bent on destruction.

One piece of evidence for this is that now it's all but assured that the power of the barrows brothers came from a Zarosian Mahjarrat. They were allowed to crusade in the name of Saradomin against the forces of Zamorak. However, after a time they were allowed to be killed ending the campaign and allowing Zamorak's forces to retake the ground they had lost. This suggests that he will side with whoever best suits his agenda, and will abandon them when they are no longer useful.

The reason Juna would support his return is that, were he successful, he would destroy both sides and his rule, although cold and unfeeling, would be impartial. Balance need not be created by having equal power on the side of good and evil. True balance could be attained through the absolute destruction of both good and evil. In this way Zaros would be a destroyer god, but not the destroyer of gielinor, simply the destroyer of all opposing forces on gielinor.

ya dig?

Edit: Also entropy is the natural capacity of things to move from order to disorder. I'm pretty sure Zamorak is the entropy guy, not Zaros.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Let me clarify.

The thing that makes me doubt this, is that under Zarosian rule, his forces built large and flourishing cities. A god who was based in bringing nothingness would seek to tear down and eliminate all life and civilization, thereby throwing the plane into nothingness. It just wouldn't make sense to build a city if you sought entropy and destruction. I have a feeling that his title "The Empty Lord" means that he is empty of emotion or compassion. It would seem to me that he is neither good nor evil but merely seeks to rule over all. He has no allegiance and therefore is the perfect agent of balance. I believe some may have seen him as a cruel or evil god because he had no concern for mortal life. Any who opposed him would be destroyed, simply for the fact that they did oppose his rule. He would side with neither good nor evil.

Those who followed him would reap the benefits of his power and flourish while those who opposed him would be trampled beneath his feet. In this way his followers would see him a pillar of justice and order, and his opposition would see him as a dark force bent on destruction.

One piece of evidence for this is that now it's all but assured that the power of the barrows brothers came from a Zarosian Mahjarrat. They were allowed to crusade in the name of Saradomin against the forces of Zamorak. However, after a time they were allowed to be killed ending the campaign and allowing Zamorak's forces to retake the ground they had lost. This suggests that he will side with whoever best suits his agenda, and will abandon them when they are no longer useful.

The reason Juna would support his return is that, were he successful, he would destroy both sides and his rule, although cold and unfeeling, would be impartial. Balance need not be created by having equal power on the side of good and evil. True balance could be attained through the absolute destruction of both good and evil. In this way Zaros would be a destroyer god, but not the destroyer of gielinor, simply the destroyer of all opposing forces on gielinor.

ya dig?

Edit: Also entropy is the natural capacity of things to move from order to disorder. I'm pretty sure Zamorak is the entropy guy, not Zaros.

I believe the truth can be found somewhere within and between both of these posts. Sorry for posting without contribution, but I felt like you two have said everything. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Dragonkin are the counter-balance to Guthix.

As far as I'm aware, the entire Zaros era was while Guthix slept right?

Therefore in really simple terms;

Zaros - balance holder

Saradomin - good

Zamorak - bad

Although it's not "good", "bad", and "middle", Jagex have said this before, that's just the perception people have of the gods.

As far as I remember, Zaros was a high-level god, similar to Guthix, but so were the Dragonkin, the only person who could really challenge Guthix was Zaros, but he wouldn't, I mean, after all Guthix created this realm and then went to sleep.

Zaros - balance holder

Saradomin - good

Zamorak - bad

Although it's not "good", "bad", and "middle", Jagex have said this before, that's just the perception people have of the gods.

As far as I remember, Zaros was a high-level god, similar to Guthix, but so were the Dragonkin, the only person who could really challenge Guthix was Zaros, but he wouldn't, I mean, after all Guthix created this realm and then went to sleep.

No.

1) Despite what people keep preaching there is NO evidence that Guthix did not known about Zaros. Guthix went to sleep after he populated the world, and it is known or implied that most of the gods arrived before he went to sleep.

2) Dragonkin are NOT gods. They are creatures, very powerful creatures (much like the mahjaratt), who were brought to the world to protect the stone of Jas (recent quests suggest) but also seem to of gone a bit evil

3) Guthix DID NOT create the world. As clearly shown and explained in Meeting History Guthix came to the world that the Eldergods had created, he simply shaped it to his will (being nature god and all) and brought most of the intelligent races to it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Is that really a Zarosian Symbol? I thought Zarosian was a cirkel with a cross in it.

Edit: never mind, found it already. It's indeed a Zarosian Symbol (perhaps Seren is linked to Zaros somehow we cannot yet comprehend?)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Zaros - balance holder

Saradomin - good

Zamorak - bad

No.

1) Despite what people keep preaching there is NO evidence that Guthix did not known about Zaros. Guthix went to sleep after he populated the world, and it is known or implied that most of the gods arrived before he went to sleep.

2) Dragonkin are NOT gods. They are creatures, very powerful creatures (much like the mahjaratt), who were brought to the world to protect the stone of Jas (recent quests suggest) but also seem to of gone a bit evil

3) Guthix DID NOT create the world. As clearly shown and explained in Meeting History Guthix came to the world that the Eldergods had created, he simply shaped it to his will (being nature god and all) and brought most of the intelligent races to it.

Your first point is very wrong. In one of the God letters, a player asked Guthix who Zaros is, and he responded that he did not know, and that Zaros must have arrived while he was asleep.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Isn't that more like... A generic gravemarker? I think they have those in real life, that are shaped just like that. Kinda plain that they chose to make Zaros' symbol like that but oh well.

This same exact grave is found in many different places, with Salarin the Twisted's room being one, and various graveyards being others.

It was... Kind of a nice theory though...

2dgucz6.png

At the current moment in time (based on if you've completed While Guthix Sleeps), there is too much bad influence on balance, due to Lucien and his hold on the Stone of Jas, but Zaros (lets assume that Jagex is telling us the truth, and he is a good god) returning will swing the balance to good, and Saradomin+Zaros=Zaros+Zamorak. You have balance :o

Are you saying Zaros is(Saradomin-Zamorak)/2? Blasphemy.

Joking aside, make your point more clear please, i don't have english as a mother language.

Zamorack-God of chaos

Saradomin-God of order

Guthix- God of balance

Armadyl-God of law (?)

Seren-God of the elves

Zaros-An ancient deity, not sure where he lies

Blutters, you are thinking of a Celtic cross, I believe.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Isn't that more like... A generic gravemarker? I think they have those in real life, that are shaped just like that. Kinda plain that they chose to make Zaros' symbol like that but oh well.

This same exact grave is found in many different places, with Salarin the Twisted's room being one, and various graveyards being others.

Zaros gravestone from Keldagrim:

Stone_ancient.gif

Exact same grave.

Zaros gravestone from Keldagrim:

Stone_ancient.gif

Exact same grave.

Yeah. And the larger version is old, and was probably out before there was even any development on Zaros. That's what I'm saying - The symbol is fairly generic and it's just a coincidence.

2dgucz6.png