Armadyl forgotten?

dragontale78

As we all know from the new release of curses with a new quest and the message of the week 'GUESS WHO'S BACK' .Zaros is regaining power but what about armadyl?Has armadyl been forgotten? as we all know his godsword is very desriable as is his range set. But followers,quests,power and contact?There is none!Jagex is behind on many storylines mahjarrat,dwarf,elf,gnome,(to a lesser extent)monkey(ape atoll)and pirate quests,but armadyl has barely started a.k.a temple of ikov is the only one so jagex should make a start on armadyl too zaros and armadyl formerly the most popular before and during the godwars has all living memory of armadyl gone?And will it remain this way or is a new quest on the way?

Dragontale78

No, I don't think it has been forgotten. I think their perespective is that Armadyl was a God in Runescape, but has left due to past history. We might explore some of the past in the future, but I don't think we'll have anything new to add to the story.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Sorry mate, but could you please put that through some sort of spell checker? It really hurts my eyes when there are no capitals, spaces, etc.

I am not a member so i am not huge into the history of Runescape, but from what I gather, Armadyl is dormant and not coming back any time soon. Right now, Jagex is working on developing quests that fill in alot of the blanks in the history of Gielinor that relates to the present and future and I don't see Armadyl posing any significant roll in it. Like what 'Hate Me Libs' said, Armadyl is more or less gone and never going to come back.

From Runescape Content Q&A:

J J762 asks:

As we've had so far a lot of information on a huge host of Gods including the mysterious Zaros and the Mahjarrat, when will we be getting information on Armadyl? Who exactly is he? Is he good or bad? What has become of his other followers?

Paul: He is a god who was active during the God Wars. He was sometimes known as the god of the skies and many of his followers were flying creatures. Since then, he has largely disappeared and, as a result, his following has waned. Some creatures of Armadyl, such as the aviansie, were wiped out during the God Wars. Other followers just stopped following him when he disappeared.

Since the end of the God Wars, some gods have taken less interest in RuneScape and turned the majority of their attention elsewhere. Is Armadyl one of these or are there other reasons for his inactivity? (Haha, now Im the one asking the questions!)

The few followers of Armadyl who remain maintain that he is a good god. Well have to think about doing some more Armadyl specific plot one day, as there does seem to be interest in him from quite a few players.

Perhaps that's relevant.

Armadyl not present on RS?

The Gardians of Armadyl play a huge part in WGS as they lost the one item they were supposed to guard (the coveted Staff of Armadyl) to Lucien... This by either your own person, or according to the communiqué sent to you by Idria, done by Movario...

Idria is, with her guardians, part of the Crux Eqal, together with the druids of Taverly and the Temple Knights of Saradomin... All of which now reside in Falador...

It's obvious that, while having difficulty, followers of Armadyl, Saradomin as well as Guthix seem to work together to stop Lucien, but maybe they'll feature in stopping Zaros too...

Since "Armadyl's Race" the Aviansie were wiped out during the godwars, it is likely that Armadyl simply lost interest or influence on RuneScape itself, and many of his following may simply have switched allegiance to the more prominent Saradomin...

Saradomin and Armadyl have always been allies as they are theorised to be the gods of Order and Justice respectivly, with Armadyl often opting to take the more peaceful approach...

As for contact; we never had any contact with any gods, and we only listened in to Azzanadra communicating with Zaros...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Yes, the GoA were involved in that quest and in the Ikov one, but as far as Gods go, he is extremely limited. If anything comes of it, it'll be far into the future.

As for contact; we never had any contact with any gods, and we only listened in to Azzanadra communicating with Zaros...

What about Bandos from The Chosen Commander quest? We communicated to him personally, and sure we don't know if he's permanently sealed away but you never know...

Popoto.~<3

Armadyl left because after all his bird-people were killed he threw in the towl and said "Screw it. Sara, take charge" and flew away into the sunset of Oblivion.

Bandos, on the other hand, tried to do whatever he wanted, and the PC ripped off his manhood like ripping off a chickens head, then violating the dieing body in several lewd ways. Bandos is out because not only was he beaten, he was beaten BY A MORTAL WHO MADE HIM LOOK WEAKER THEN A NOOB!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Armadyl left the plane when he believe all his aviantese (SP?) had died, even if he saw the small following he still retains I doubt there would be any resurgence of Armadyl believers.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

What I'd like to know is how comes Armadyl's weapon (or staff) is strong enough to banish Zaros, one of the strongest Gods of Runescape? (Even with the Stone of Jas...)

Doesn't that imply that he's extremely strong?

What I'd like to know is how comes Armadyl's weapon (or staff) is strong enough to banish Zaros, one of the strongest Gods of Runescape? (Even with the Stone of Jas...)

Doesn't that imply that he's extremely strong?

Yes.

As far as I'm aware, the "Staff of Armadyl" and the "Stone of Jas" are on par as the same amount of power.

In my opinion: the only reason I think the npc's believe the "Staff of Armadyl" can destroy a god is because Zaros was stabbed with it (do certain npc's know that Zamorak didn't kill Zaros with force, it was merely luck?) therefore that would insinuate that any item is strong enough.

I might be wrong but ain't Armadyl the brother of Zaros.. and if so i highly doubt Zaros will return without any hints of Armadyl

new_account6.png

What are you smoking...? Can I buy some?
Hah Tip.It probaly knows more about Runescape then Jagex. :lol:

Watch my Vice city stunt vid -->

As far as I'm aware, the "Staff of Armadyl" and the "Stone of Jas" are on par as the same amount of power.

In my opinion: the only reason I think the npc's believe the "Staff of Armadyl" can destroy a god is because Zaros was stabbed with it (do certain npc's know that Zamorak didn't kill Zaros with force, it was merely luck?) therefore that would insinuate that any item is strong enough.

First of all, this would be speculation. All of the stuff about the Staff. As of right now, nothing is set.

First off, even though the GoA may believe he created it, maybe Armadyl didn't create the Staff, but found it. If you only play FoG you might be led to believe that Guthix created the Stone of Jas.

The other thing is that we don't know exactly what the Staff does. We know the Stone of Jas is a source of power, but we don't know if the Staff is as well. If anything, it appears the Staff is a power conduit. Something that is capable of transferring great power. If someone has both, like Lucien has now and people think Zammy has had, you could use them together and do it properly. We also know so little that Armadyl could be an Elder God and these two items are meant to be used in conjuction.

First of all, this would be speculation. All of the stuff about the Staff. As of right now, nothing is set.

First off, even though the GoA may believe he created it, maybe Armadyl didn't create the Staff, but found it. If you only play FoG you might be led to believe that Guthix created the Stone of Jas.

The other thing is that we don't know exactly what the Staff does. We know the Stone of Jas is a source of power, but we don't know if the Staff is as well. If anything, it appears the Staff is a power conduit. Something that is capable of transferring great power. If someone has both, like Lucien has now and people think Zammy has had, you could use them together and do it properly. We also know so little that Armadyl could be an Elder God and these two items are meant to be used in conjuction.

This.... I havent... stumbled upon my mind, but If what you're saying is true, then The Staff may the the most potent obeject gielinor has seen. Such devastating power in the hands of One Lord may bring us great joy. But alas, If what you say is true, wuch power is in the hands of Lucien now.

And about Armadyl, hm, I think he shall bring back aviansies trought the world gate, without interfering directly.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

As we all know from the new release of curses with a new quest and the message of the week 'GUESS WHO'S BACK' .Zaros is regaining power but what about armadyl?Has armadyl been forgotten? as we all know his godsword is very desriable as is his range set. But followers,quests,power and contact?There is none!Jagex is behind on many storylines mahjarrat,dwarf,elf,gnome,(to a lesser extent)monkey(ape atoll)and pirate quests,but armadyl has barely started a.k.a temple of ikov is the only one so jagex should make a start on armadyl too zaros and armadyl formerly the most popular before and during the godwars has all living memory of armadyl gone?And will it remain this way or is a new quest on the way?

are you sure you have done while guthix sleeps??? o.O

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Maybe that's why The GoA are a part of Crux Equal with the Guthixians? Maybe he needs both the Stone of Jas and the Staff of Armadyl to enact the Eddicts? Maybe the Staff is needed to chanel the energy of the Stone of Jas or to bring out it's true power instead of just boosting some combat stats? Maybe I should have only taken half a tablet of my morphine instead of the whole thing and I wouldn't be rambling?

Wait, what was I talking about? Something to do with kittens right? :???:

I would just like to apologise for my first post.I was in a massive hurry and was just getting it down.Armadyl has already demonstrated massive power with his godsword,and Kree'arra.So could there be development to GoA getting the staff back and restoring power?Maybe Movario will send you on another very difficult quest to retreive it?And then is corrupted by its power and spreads mass destruction or is not corrupted and spreads the word of Armadyl?

Dragontale78

I think it's part of the story that the Icyene built the blade and the other built the Hilts for them. Also the milt only deals an extra 25% damage for one hit, which isn't that high for a normal player. Obviously when you start using Slayer helms, extreme pots, Turmoil, etc it'll add a lot. In any case, we have no concrete evidence to say how powerful he was.

I think it's part of the story that the Icyene built the blade and the other built the Hilts for them. Also the milt only deals an extra 25% damage for one hit, which isn't that high for a normal player. Obviously when you start using Slayer helms, extreme pots, Turmoil, etc it'll add a lot. In any case, we have no concrete evidence to say how powerful he was.

I don't know about you, but hitting +15 more than you normally would seems pretty damn powerful to me.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I don't know about you, but hitting +15 more than you normally would seems pretty damn powerful to me.

So you just decided to ignore that I added the fact that when you add in the variables it will add up to a lot? Thanks for that. <_<

So you just decided to ignore that I added the fact that when you add in the variables it will add up to a lot? Thanks for that. <_<

Kinda related, what's the new max hit for AGS special attacks? Using TipIt's calculator (does not include new prayers...) it's 67 without any prayer. And Turmoil adds what, +33%? So the max could be 90+??

2dgucz6.png