15-Dec-2009 Blood Runs Deep

Da_Latios

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The queen is ****ing annoying.

She attacks. I run, she turns to range, I range prot, then attack with melee, then she changes to air, so i click air, attack, hit 0 5 times, then she changes to range, i click crossbow and attack her, but then autocast is still on so I click that off, but then she's already changed to fire, then i click fire, and she changes her attack so I get hit 18 again, then i finally hit her with fire then she changes to melee so I have to unclick autocast and attack her again, then she hits 39 with melee on me and i have to tele -.-;

Got me 86 prayer so I can't moan.

Quest was fun, story was a bit rubbish though.

Anyway the Mother is tricky. Best strategy is to wear Karils, or black dragonhide with the axe thing. Bring whatever action runes you like plus, water, earth and fire ones. air battle staff and a crossbow/crystal bow (bolts wielded). 3 prayer pots and a super/extreme defence, rest sharks. I also advise a BoB full of sharks. Unicorn doesn't cut it sadly.

Protect melee the whole fight. I got hit for a 33 when I changed to pro mage. Start off with melee, then change as her colours do.

Orange = Melee

Green = Range

White = Air spells

Blue = Water spells

Brown = Earth spells

Red = Fire spells

Takes a while for her to die, but she won't hit you much, I think 17 was the max she hit me. Just keep up with eating with sharks. Try not to eat when she is orange. The axe gets her HP down fast when you get a chance to use it.

The rest of the quest is easy. Anyone with the required levels won't have an issue. For the Waterbirth bit, pray melee around the rock lobsters and you'll have no issues.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Only just finished it, I did enjoy the quest first time seen that many numbers in a quest shame about the ending though :P reward was ok but xp isn't really a thing i'm after but I guess its great for the majority, good quest :)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Anyway the Mother is tricky. Best strategy is to wear Karils, or black dragonhide with the axe thing. Bring whatever action runes you like plus, water, earth and fire ones. air battle staff and a crossbow/crystal bow (bolts wielded). 3 prayer pots and a super/extreme defence, rest sharks. I also advise a BoB full of sharks. Unicorn doesn't cut it sadly.

Protect melee the whole fight. I got hit for a 33 when I changed to pro mage. Start off with melee, then change as her colours do.

Orange = Melee

Green = Range

White = Air spells

Blue = Water spells

Brown = Earth spells

Red = Fire spells

Takes a while for her to die, but she won't hit you much, I think 17 was the max she hit me. Just keep up with eating with sharks. Try not to eat when she is orange. The axe gets her HP down fast when you get a chance to use it.

The rest of the quest is easy. Anyone with the required levels won't have an issue. For the Waterbirth bit, pray melee around the rock lobsters and you'll have no issues.

She hit me in the 40's I have tried twice now..... cant keep up with her, Changing prayers and combat styles clicking spells on and off auto cast is alot of concentrate on. it would be alot better is spells did not stick on auto cast

sig2webzx7.jpg

Looks like the Balmung will be good for Waterfiends too =D>

Why? Does the effect also applies on waterfiends? Otherwise its just as bad as a dharok's axe, right?

And what about Kuradal's dungeon. Squeezing in a few more creatures, does that mean more of the same, or some extra ones? The KB still shows the same dungeon so I guess they just added some spawns.

Orange = Melee

Green = Range

White = Air spells

Blue = Water spells

Brown = Earth spells

Red = Fire spells

She hit me in the 40's I have tried twice now..... cant keep up with her, Changing prayers and combat styles clicking spells on and off auto cast is alot of concentrate on. it would be alot better is spells did not stick on auto cast

Something anyone who has tried to mage on F2P at Fist of Guthix could've told you months ago, lol

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Can anyone tell me about going down to get Vargas? I just don't want to die. Can I get like a limited overview of the quest or something? Cat, you gave a partial one earlier. :pray:

Well well, miss "Jagex makes quests too short" now it's asking for help to do the quest faster? hehehe

I just don't want to die. I'm much more of a puzzle minded person. And I like history. Combat isn't my favorite part though I do okay at it. And I'm not ashamed to ask for some help. Oh, and Jagex made quests too short this year. Not too easy, not too hard, just too short.

God forbid you have an opinion on here and stick to it... <_<

I've always thought that a quest serves as a giant puzzle on it's own. Figuring out what to do so that you don't die is a puzzle. Figuring out the next step is a puzzle. Of course, solving a puzzle is a puzzle. If you're talking literally about those 'codebreaker' kind of puzzle, you can't expect quests to always fulfil that criteria. Puzzle Pirates may though.

Not a member now, but the axe looks great. At least for a monster specific weapon the stats are more than decent. If someone can show that it's darn useful even for normal dagganoth slaying it would be better. I wished keris had its standard too.

400k EXP from WGS, plus another 450k EXP from this, all of which I'm intending to use on prayer...quests are literally rewarding millions of gold nowadays :shock:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Something everyone should get into their heads when a new update is released and the wiki covers it.

ANYONE can update it. If something sounds unbelievable, it probably is.

I liked the quest alot. Had lots of challenges and I almost died a few times. Nothing like a good quest to get the adrenaline pumping. :P

The Mother almost killed me, ko'ed her with a 40 with 35 hp left.

Here is my setup if anyone wants to take a look. 2 upper rows + the 1 spot on the first were sharks. My karils skirt degraded to 75 aswell.

I cast surge spells just for fun. :P

2ep2138.png

Also, has anyone else noticed how loads of bars have gotten their own melody in the music player?