15-Dec-2009 Blood Runs Deep

Da_Latios

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all that I still can't talk to anyone on Lunar Isle without a Seal of Passage. Are you flipping kidding me??? :angry:

That's what I was saying in a Mirc channel, we do all this for the fremmy and lunar people, and they still throw you off the island for not having a seal, especially for players like you grieving widows where's the sympathy right? that's the reward I was hoping for no more seal of passage, my beloved astrid (that's her name right? lol) got taken from me who I havent talked to since thrones of misc in 2004 or 5 and I get a new axe I need a new npc e-bridge now and a seal of passage because Babe took it off me during the quest@@ :(

I'd actually hate it i they changed that. I use that throwing ability always when I'm going to Rellekka or any of the Fremennik isles (to miscellania until I get spirit tree). I find it a lot more comfortable (My acitve spellbook is always lunar) than using lyras or other forms of transportation.

About the quest, I liked it :) Battle took a bit getting used to it (always confused green, orange and brown) and it took a few tries to me because of it. Reward was a bit useless for me but I can imagine most people are very happy with it.

Imo they should have done that boss similar to CB, so you can fight it for good drops after quest, just make a stronger version of it.

Axe is not too bad. If you like high hits and can't afford godsword :P I already hit some 70+s with turmoil and super pots against dagannoths. I guess it has some special boosts against them as stated in quest.

Not sure if it works in pvp :P and not sure if it's free replacement in case you lose it. Someone might want to try ;)

Overall I feel it's a bit like new anchor. But it's just me.

091215172927.jpg

the armada is coming :P that cutscene was cool

I liked this quest, maybe the axe will turn out to be relevant to dking o.o

450k prayer xp -> rank 5945 to rank 1338 lol

Why the HELL are there two different shadows being cast in two DIFFERENT directions???

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

After all that I still can't talk to anyone on Lunar Isle without a Seal of Passage. Are you flipping kidding me??? :angry:

That's what I was saying in a Mirc channel, we do all this for the fremmy and lunar people, and they still throw you off the island for not having a seal, especially for players like you grieving widows where's the sympathy right? that's the reward I was hoping for no more seal of passage, my beloved astrid (that's her name right? lol) got taken from me who I havent talked to since thrones of misc in 2004 or 5 and I get a new axe I need a new npc e-bridge now and a seal of passage because Babe took it off me during the quest@@ :(

My guess is that No Seal of Passage will be the reward for the Fremennik Elite Diary.

With today's update, several quest givers are giving out additional rewards for their quests. I spoke to the Lumbridge cook and got 500 gp and 5 sardines.

With Father Aereck in Lumbridge church I got 5 Ancient bones that give 200 xp when buried. It cannot be used in a POH altar.

Farmer Fred NW of Lumbridge gave me 1940 gp.

Professor Oddenstein in the top floor of Draynor Manor (wich has been graphically updated as of today) gave me 2.7k, 10 eggs and 300 feathers.

I tried every other quest NPC and there doesn't seem to be further rewards.

Gypsy Aris' tent in Varrock is different now, and so ir her NPC model. She looks much older now.

Any word on Ancient bones for Ecto-worship?

Also, it'd be worth mentioning that Rune Mysteries also got the icon update, but no extra rewards. It appears that the quest items (like those for Earnest that you can still get) also have the icons.

~SIrus

Finally bought my whip. =D

Great quest. Loved the storyline, and the fact that I shot up 3 Prayer levels, too. All said, I saved about 26,875,000. Thanks, Jagex. :D

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

You should still be able to talk to

Bird's Eye Jack in the easternmost bank stall

which is enough to retrieve your seal if you forget it before a teleport. ITA though, with the recent update which made Keldagrim more accessible, Lunar Isle should have also become a lot easier to get to via this quest.

ciabelle.png

Just a note on the sentinels for anyone who hasn't fought them already: Get both of them to attack you, then stand on top of one of them and range the other. Once the first one is dead, melee the second with Balmung.

Or you can just alternate between one and the other, hitting one with balmung, the switching to the other. Very fast.

BTW: What are all of your Fremmy names? Mine is Siglor Rockcrusher. Pretty sweet IMO

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Just a note on the sentinels for anyone who hasn't fought them already: Get both of them to attack you, then stand on top of one of them and range the other. Once the first one is dead, melee the second with Balmung.

Or you can just alternate between one and the other, hitting one with balmung, the switching to the other. Very fast.

BTW: What are all of your Fremmy names? Mine is Siglor Rockcrusher. Pretty sweet IMO

Ooh, we get surnames now too? Neat.

Quest was pretty fun, but everything except heaven and the new NPCs seemed to be a little dated graphically. (I'm mostly talking about the sailing scenes.)

2dgucz6.png

Have we begun compiling a droplist for the new daggs?

Yes, I'm talking about the Dagganoth Guardians. They remain where they were after you... ah... "remove" the Queen.

So far, I've gotten:

Big bones (seem to be 100%)

Grimy guam

Clue scroll lvl 2

Super defence (3)

Super attack (3)

15 iron arrows (p)

1 swordfish (cooked)

Marrentill seed

34 water runes

15 steel arrows

30 steel arrows

533-838 coins

Uncut sapphire

6 unnoted pure essence

If a mod thinks anything in this post is too spolier-ish, could they put it in hide tags?

Also, I'll update this as I go.

a70c7.png

howd u save 26m? i calced you save like 7-8m on prayer

Yeah, I botched the math. 7.6M is what I saved on getting those three Prayer levels. At least now I could probably afford 80 Prayer from where I'm sitting...

To the above: The clue scroll level is most definitely 3. I got one from the quest earlier, and if/when I do it I'll report on that.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

howd u save 26m? i calced you save like 7-8m on prayer

Yeah, I botched the math. 7.6M is what I saved on getting those three Prayer levels. At least now I could probably afford 80 Prayer from where I'm sitting...

To the above: The clue scroll level is most definitely 3. I got one from the quest earlier, and if/when I do it I'll report on that.

The one from the guardians is level 2. I don't know what the level from the sentinels is, though.

a70c7.png

Mine is Sigtor Sea-strider (or something like that). I think it's pretty sweet :grin:

I've been trying the axe in normal minigames such as cwars and sw, and it is pretty awesome. Speed of a godsword, but lower stats. But it's free (almost) so it's all good. I might try it at waterfiends, or maybe even barrows to see how I do.

P.S. is anyone else suprised how fast the guide got up?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!