15-Dec-2009 Blood Runs Deep

Da_Latios

Just a note on the sentinels for anyone who hasn't fought them already: Get both of them to attack you, then stand on top of one of them and range the other. Once the first one is dead, melee the second with Balmung.

Or you can just alternate between one and the other, hitting one with balmung, the switching to the other. Very fast.

BTW: What are all of your Fremmy names? Mine is Siglor Rockcrusher. Pretty sweet IMO

Larrak Farstrider. I love mine. :thumbup:

I am Balkal Farstrider, you're probably my sibling.

I'm Denton Farstrider. I'm probably your crazy aunt that lives in the attic though with less saggy boobage. ;)

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note on the sentinels for anyone who hasn't fought them already: Get both of them to attack you, then stand on top of one of them and range the other. Once the first one is dead, melee the second with Balmung.

Or you can just alternate between one and the other, hitting one with balmung, the switching to the other. Very fast.

BTW: What are all of your Fremmy names? Mine is Siglor Rockcrusher. Pretty sweet IMO

I'm Denton Farstrider. I'm probably your crazy aunt that lives in the attic though with less saggy boobage. ;)

Tonrak Farstrider

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm quite surprised to see that no one has mentioned this yet. The Fremmy achievement diary requirement is completely arbitrary, I can't find a single task that is needed to be done for the quest.

he asked me to go get my sea boots, and then come with him. I guess that is where the diary comes in.

Well, that connection is rather weak. I think it only means "get yourself ready" since we don't need to literally wear the sea boots.(I didn't wear them once throughout the whole quest.)

I'm quite surprised to see that no one has mentioned this yet. The Fremmy achievement diary requirement is completely arbitrary, I can't find a single task that is needed to be done for the quest.

he asked me to go get my sea boots, and then come with him. I guess that is where the diary comes in.

Well, that connection is rather weak. I think it only means "get yourself ready" since we don't need to literally wear the sea boots.(I didn't wear them once throughout the whole quest.)

The requirement is because when doing the diaries you earn the trust and respect of the fremmys to a much greater degree than you do otherwise. And therefore they happily turn to you to aid their plight.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What interests me more is what happens after this quest.

According to postbag #20

Hail from Rellekka, young Fremennik!

I am afraid the last time Postie Pete tried to deliver our mail ended rather badly: we saw him being carried off by one of the great eagles of the west! We were all very glad when he returned with the post this time.

You are eager, and that is commendable, but aye the frozen lands of Acheron are a terrible vicious place. We do not fear the cold but there are things up there that live where no living thing should survive. The stories tell of icy winds with intent so malicious they will wrap themselves around your heart until it freezes like stone.

But do not let your resolve falter, for we are the mighty Fremennik and bravery is not in short supply amongst us! In good time we will venture north and warm the very winds themselves with our battle cries and song; unlike the scurvy pirates we possess qualities other than fearlessness. We are patient and know the time is not yet right, the dangers of the daggermouths have not been overcome yet and until they have it would be prudent to wait.

Your spirit is noble, warrior, and I have no doubt you will be standing on the prow of the first Fremennik ship to break the ice floes of the north, but until the time is right your lust for adventure will have to be satisfied with this painting of our mighty warriors landing on Waterbirth Isle to continue the ongoing struggle against the Daggermouth Kings.

May the winds favour you,

Chieftain Brundt

Highlighting the important points in bold, this war against the Daggermouth's has ended. Perhaps this quest is setting us up for our soon adventure to the frozen lands of Acheron.

dawnsigblue-3.png

i diddnt need my boots, i was wearing dragon boots all the time. so that still makes no sense

Hello i am new to tip it.

I hope i can contribute somthing good. and have fun here.

Hurmyie.png

Tonrak Farstrider

you guys do realize that farstrider just means you're wearing fremennik boots right?

Naaxi.png

i diddnt need my boots, i was wearing dragon boots all the time. so that still makes no sense

Oh well, then it's all about trust, and to give the quest a fairly good requirement i guess.

Scherzo.png

Tonrak Farstrider

you guys do realize that farstrider just means you're wearing fremennik boots right?

Not true.

Fremmink names are double barrelled, thou most dialogue only uses the first. I'm certain I've been called Tonrak Farstrider without the boots on

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Dallak is my Fremmy name, Ive only ever had a two part name when I was wearing skeletal armor for the diary.

during the quest, you are called far-strider i believe, or after completing the diaries or something. If you are wearing rockshell armour, then you are called rockcrusher. And I believe there are other names for skeletal and spined armour, but i don't know those, as i did the diary with rockshell.

Scherzo.png

Not true.

Fremmink names are double barrelled, thou most dialogue only uses the first. I'm certain I've been called Tonrak Farstrider without the boots on

so was that during the quest? i've never been called farstrider without my boots on

Naaxi.png

What interests me more is what happens after this quest.

According to postbag #20

Hail from Rellekka, young Fremennik!

I am afraid the last time Postie Pete tried to deliver our mail ended rather badly: we saw him being carried off by one of the great eagles of the west! We were all very glad when he returned with the post this time.

You are eager, and that is commendable, but aye the frozen lands of Acheron are a terrible vicious place. We do not fear the cold but there are things up there that live where no living thing should survive. The stories tell of icy winds with intent so malicious they will wrap themselves around your heart until it freezes like stone.

But do not let your resolve falter, for we are the mighty Fremennik and bravery is not in short supply amongst us! In good time we will venture north and warm the very winds themselves with our battle cries and song; unlike the scurvy pirates we possess qualities other than fearlessness. We are patient and know the time is not yet right, the dangers of the daggermouths have not been overcome yet and until they have it would be prudent to wait.

Your spirit is noble, warrior, and I have no doubt you will be standing on the prow of the first Fremennik ship to break the ice floes of the north, but until the time is right your lust for adventure will have to be satisfied with this painting of our mighty warriors landing on Waterbirth Isle to continue the ongoing struggle against the Daggermouth Kings.

May the winds favour you,

Chieftain Brundt

Highlighting the important points in bold, this war against the Daggermouth's has ended. Perhaps this quest is setting us up for our soon adventure to the frozen lands of Acheron.

Sweet. O.O

Brothers! I am Siglor Farstrider! *Manly Hug*

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I tried to get 2 names from the wikia's list, then I realised both were wrong since they didn't only include the prefix and the suffix, and i went past a pretty awesome name along the way to get to them.. so now I have to try get back to that name..

If I get it, it will be Doktor. :P

You all have a sister, because I'm Rakla Far-strider. :D

Was the Frostenhorn only keeping the frozen wastelands frozen, or were they what kept Acheron frozen as well?

hzvjpwS.gif

I am Dalton Farstrider :P

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

You all have a sister, because I'm Rakla Far-strider. :D

Was the Frostenhorn only keeping the frozen wastelands frozen, or were they what kept Acheron frozen as well?

Since the MotM questline and Dagannoth questlines have no significant ties, and Koschei being an insignificant, speculative tie, I'd say it was only for the Ghorrock fortress.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Yeah that and the iceburg is clearly much further northeast than that fortress Racheya.

And since Archeon is known as the "distant" north its gotta be north of fremmies and further north than the map goes atm

Plv6Dz6.jpg