15-Dec-2009 Blood Runs Deep

Da_Latios

Good thing it requires slayer, because i am getting 75 ranged too. 2 flies in 1 shot. after those two, welcome back quest cape :thumbsup:

But once i heard about the reward... wow. :blink:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Brundt learns how to use Summoning perhaps then he will teach you about it.... unlikely though and complaining and moaning about it is gonna do bugger all. :P

Take the free 450k exp and be thankful. Spend it on prayer and use the money you have saved to buy spirit shards.

Unless your already 99 prayer :mellow:

O well.

I'm 99 in a lot of skills and yet I still gain exp in them after quests sometimes. I dont demand a lamp to use that exp on other skills instead.

I haven't demanded anything, I'm pretty much saying the reward (and axe) was useless for me and It would have been nice to have even the option for something else instead (such as summoning experience). That's all.

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

It's kinda strange that the Frem were represented to be so against magic and magic users for so long even though they make Farseer Helms and Skeletal, and one of their main villagers is Peer the Seer.

I would have liked to see a choice between Balmung, a special Ranged weapon,and a special Magic weapon and spell (and different quest skill requirements for each angle), all of which would be potent against Waterbirth enemies, and the two that you didn't pick be obtainable from the bigguns in the tunnels after the quest.

And for people saying Summoning shouldn't be selectable - They've made up thinner connections before. And I'd think that most high levels would have used Summoning too. And no Frem uses Prayer, nor did any of the Dagannoths...

They could have said the seers from Seers Village were offering the Summoning training. That would sound semi-believable and certainly make a lot of people happy.

Personally I'm satisfied with 450k Prayer XP but I just wanted to put all of that out there...

Also, is Balmung only super effective against Dagannoth, or does it also work well against walruses and crabs?

2dgucz6.png

Okay. None of you answered my question. I didn't ask to be flamed because I was hoping for some summoning XP.

Really, guys?

I just need someone to try to bank their lamps after finishing the quest (if they don't mind) and tell me if they were able to do it or not.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Okay. None of you answered my question. I didn't ask to be flamed because I was hoping for some summoning XP.

Really, guys?

I just need someone to try to bank their lamps after finishing the quest (if they don't mind) and tell me if they were able to do it or not.

But someone did answer your question...

There are no lamps, so no, the lamps cannot be banked because they don't exist. You go back to Brundt after the quest is finished and he offers the reward to you.

2dgucz6.png

Really, guys?

There are no lamps. You talk to the Chief after the quest for the XP.

pongr.png

Also, is Balmung only super effective against Dagannoth, or does it also work well against walruses and crabs?

I think it's "super effective!" against wallasaki, (it has the animation and I hit a few 40's), but not sure about the crabs. I know I hit a few times against rock lobs also :thumbup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Ok I don't really want to look through 18 pages of posts so I'll just ask it here. I have a question regarding the Fremennik Achievement Diary, since having it completely done is a quest requirement. On the task with the Pyre ship. Do you HAVE to have the Chewed bones in order to do it? That's the only one i have left to do and I don't really want to camp at Mithril Dragons if I don't have to.

Thanks!

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

You can use different bones other than chewed bones. If I remember correctly, there are some skeletons in the cave with a "rummage" option. When you rummage some, occasionally you'll get mangled bones, or something like that. You can use these bones instead of chewed ones. But be careful, sometimes rummaging skeletons may hurt you.

Mangled bones is the correct name for them.

They are a 100% drop from a type of Barbarian in the Cavern, although I forget the name of it. It's well over level 100, but all you need to kill is one.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

You can use different bones other than chewed bones. If I remember correctly, there are some skeletons in the cave with a "rummage" option. When you rummage some, occasionally you'll get mangled bones, or something like that. You can use these bones instead of chewed ones. But be careful, sometimes rummaging skeletons may hurt you.

Yup, you can use Mangled Bones for a pyreship. Doing so however will guarantee you a 100% spawn of a hostile, strong barbarian spirit.

It's a hell of a lot faster than waiting for a Chewed Bones drop from a Mithril Dragon, though. That's what I did to complete my diary. There are at least 3 skeletons you can rummage on the first floor, I believe, so stock up on food and go have a field day :P

hzvjpwS.gif

Yup, you can use Mangled Bones for a pyreship. Doing so however will guarantee you a 100% spawn of a hostile, strong barbarian spirit.

It's a hell of a lot faster than waiting for a Chewed Bones drop from a Mithril Dragon, though. That's what I did to complete my diary. There are at least 3 skeletons you can rummage on the first floor, I believe, so stock up on food and go have a field day :P

Confused Barbarians (lvl 132) have a 100% drop rate for mangled bones. It's a lot quicker than getting an occasional chewed bones drop from mithril dragons. There's a safespot where brutal dragons can't attack you (and where there's a confused barbarian). It's in the middle of the caverns.

180px-2Ancient_cavern_safespot.png

SWAG

Yes, it is. :P

Personally, I just started the quest, kicked some [wagon], got the axe, and left. I didn't care about finishing the quest so much (for today anyway). I just wanted the axe.

SWAG

I havnt used it much out side of the quest, hit some nice 60's in the quest with it thou. Not sure about it being a new training wep, its the kelris dagger but for dagganoths

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

And it ws optional to kill him in Fight Arena, but not when u do Tree Gnome Village (?) and you have to "chase" him over the battlefield of khazard and then fight n kill him.

You dont kill General Khazard in the tree gnome village quest, you kill a Khazard Warlord.

I havnt used it much out side of the quest, hit some nice 60's in the quest with it thou. Not sure about it being a new training wep, its the kelris dagger but for dagganoths

This raises an interesting question -- will it replace more conventional weapons for dagganoth hunting? I don't know anyone who uses keris to kill kalphites. Frankly, the only reason I keep keris at all is that I think it's the best-looking weapon in the game. This axe won't win any awards for its looks. So will this axe be stowed away in banks and never used like keris? Or are the bonuses so huge that someone would be crazy to use something like a whip instead?

punitivedsig.png

This raises an interesting question -- will it replace more conventional weapons for dagganoth hunting? I don't know anyone who uses keris to kill kalphites. Frankly, the only reason I keep keris at all is that I think it's the best-looking weapon in the game. This axe won't win any awards for its looks. So will this axe be stowed away in banks and never used like keris? Or are the bonuses so huge that someone would be crazy to use something like a whip instead?

Can't wait to try the new axe.

BTW I love Keris, which I've P++ even if it's just for a different wep to use for a change.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.