15-Dec-2009 Blood Runs Deep

Da_Latios

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were testing the alchs for the axe reward and realize you can alch the item once (for 135k) and still be able to reobtain it free! It cannot be done more than once though :o...the second time you must pay for its return.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Okay, and the sentinels, has a consensus been reached on how to kill them properly? I know they heal themselves or each other.

[hide]You need to use the axe to attack one, and when you get a decent hit like 37 or something, you should attack the other. If you keep their HPs relatively similar, you should have no problems from them healing each other. [/hide]

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Okay, and the sentinels. has a consensus been reached on how to kill them properly? I know they heal themselves or each other.

Here's a run through:

[hide][hide=Dagannoth Sentinels]Kill the sentinels. You have to kill them together, keep both their hp's at about the same as you kill them both down. They use all combat styles, if your in melee distance they melee you. They dont move, but one will always cast magic or range on you if your meleeing the other.

Once these are done, you run through a maze with Dagannoth guardians at level 148. They use melee or ranged.[/hide]

[hide=Dagannoth Mother]After that, you enter a little room before the Dagannoth Mother's room. Prepare here, then enter.

She talks for a bit depending on what options you choose.

She attacks with all combat styles, doing each for about 4 or so turns. She also turns into different colors. They are rather hard to see, but the color also pops up in the chat box.

Red - Fire Magic

Blue - Water Magic

Brown - Earth Magic

White - Air Magic

Orange - Melee

Green - Ranged

(I mix up ranged and Earth Magic so those might be opposite.)

After that, your done with combat and only a few cutscenes play before you complete the quest.[/hide][/hide]

R.I.P Amulet of Fury 09'.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

We were testing the alchs for the axe reward and realize you can alch the item once (for 135k) and still be able to reobtain it free! It cannot be done more than once though :o...the second time you must pay for its return.

So it's a free 135K (- nature cost)?

Something's new with the NPCs that deal with Lumbridge quests. They have icons following their names, so far I've only seen a few:

Chef's hat: (Cook's Assistant)

-Lumbridge Cook

-Gillie the Milk Maid

(Sheap Shearer)

-Fred the Farmer

-Black sheep

RC symbol? (Rune Mysteries?)

-Duke Horacio

Also, Cook's and Sheep's quests give some extra rewards. 500gp and sardines, and 2kgp IIRC. Those who have completed them already can talk to the NPCs to get them.

Any other updates like this that I've missed? (I was only on for 30 min this morning, the computer I'm on now hates RS for some reason)

~Sirus

Finally bought my whip. =D

Apparently so!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Has anyone killed Jad since this update? It would be nice to know what the new number of tokkul is.

To compensate for the loss of this method to generate TokKul, we have added a drop to TzHaar drop tables, so players will find that (again, in the long run) they receive more TokKul from fighting TzHaar (the TokKul rewards for the Fight Caves and Fight Pits remain as they were).

Quick find code: 15-16-313-60056182

It was a pretty cool quest. Especially because it gave me 81 Prayer. :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm dying to know more about Koschei. I could've sworn he had a Zarosian symbol on his chest, now it's a Zamorakian symbol.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Sorry, but that fight is stupid. It is just too much clicking. Way too much clicking. And it's exactly the same at the first one. I mean exactly. It just takes forever and she switched too fast. Oy vey. So at Jagex they think annoying means difficult? Because it's not hard. It's just annoying.

This would be my other criticism of Jagex and 2009 updates. I called them unoriginal. Well the final fight was exactly the same as the first time. Same mechanics. Totally unoriginal. And you can't deny it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

R.I.P Amulet of Fury 09'.

Sure, they will rise in the short term, but I honestly see them coming back to this price because people will start killing Tzaars alot more.

Has anyone killed Jad since this update? It would be nice to know what the new number of tokkul is.

It's exactly the same.

with overload and turmoil i have been able to hit a 68 on dagg guardians during the quest so far, no slay helm, no dboots,and no zerk (i) equipped

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Something's new with the NPCs that deal with Lumbridge quests. They have icons following their names, so far I've only seen a few:

Chef's hat: (Cook's Assistant)

-Lumbridge Cook

-Gillie the Milk Maid

(Sheap Shearer)

-Fred the Farmer

-Black sheep

RC symbol? (Rune Mysteries?)

-Duke Horacio

Also, Cook's and Sheep's quests give some extra rewards. 500gp and sardines, and 2kgp IIRC. Those who have completed them already can talk to the NPCs to get them.

Any other updates like this that I've missed? (I was only on for 30 min this morning, the computer I'm on now hates RS for some reason)

~Sirus

Ernest the Cikcken rewards were also modified - 3K gp, 4 QP, 10 eggs and 300 feathers.

what about the dks shortcut?

is it for real or just a wiki joke?

I don't know if you can enter it after the quest. But during the quest, you can cut off almost all of the rooms leading to the dk's, that includes the doors you have to open, so you can go through by yourself now.

(if it still works after the quest, that is)

Scherzo.png

Apparently so!

Yup just did it she gave me one back free of charge.

what about the dks shortcut?

is it for real or just a wiki joke?

I don't know if you can enter it after the quest. But during the quest, you can cut off almost all of the rooms leading to the dk's, that includes the doors you have to open, so you can go through by yourself now.

(if it still works after the quest, that is)

Well during the quest there isn't actually a path to it from that room, you are just teled there.

When i went back all you could access is the Guardians in those tunnels.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Apparently so!

Yup just did it she gave me one back free of charge.

I wouldn't recommend doing it if this is true, you'll probably get banned like the Crystal Bow glitch if you do it often (stop after 1m :P).

I still have Glorious Memories to do before this quest, and two quests before I can start the one that came for the new prayers.

imagangster.png

Sorry, but that fight is stupid. It is just too much clicking. Way too much clicking. And it's exactly the same at the first one. I mean exactly. It just takes forever and she switched too fast. Oy vey. So at Jagex they think annoying means difficult? Because it's not hard. It's just annoying.

This would be my other criticism of Jagex and 2009 updates. I called them unoriginal. Well the final fight was exactly the same as the first time. Same mechanics. Totally unoriginal. And you can't deny it.

Again, I think your reaction to these quests would be different if you tried one without knowing absolutely everything about it in advance.

punitivedsig.png

I wouldn't recommend doing it if this is true, you'll probably get banned like the Crystal Bow glitch if you do it often (stop after 1m :P).

I still have Glorious Memories to do before this quest, and two quests before I can start the one that came for the new prayers.

It can only be done once. She says that next time you will have to pay for it. Its defiantly not comparable to the crystal bow glitch.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!