Jacks0n

The whole theater started cracking up when the alien sex scene started. I was tempted to scream "OH YEAH".

:twss:

A friend of mine shouted "Is that interspecies erotica?" during that scene. Pretty loud. Funny stuff :thumbup:

I thought of Dead Rising when you said that :3

I thought of Mass Effect.

Clerks II

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally saw it tonight in 3D. It was amazing, and I'm not even sure why. The plot wasn't very original (Can you say "Ferngully?"), but it played out nicely with the characters. I couldn't keep the fact that the plot was so similar to Ferngully out of head the whole time, it was kind of annoying, but otherwise the film was amazing.

Oh, yeah, and:

I wouldn't be surprised if you actually heard my jaw drop to the floor. That was incredibly identicle!

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Don't forget Pocahontas.

Well if we're going to be technical about it, I say the original plot line was edrived from Romeo and Juliet (enemy families bare two lovers to overcome the conflict...enemy species bare two lovers to overcome the conflict)

hmm...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Oh yeah, I saw this movie, loved it. I didn't really want to see it at first, but damn it, am I glad I did, one of the best movies I've seen. I loved Pandora, the way it was made, it was excellent, it shows that your world doesn't need to be dark and misty to have disasters happening in them. The action at the end was awesome and the story leading up to it was deep and very well-written. The only thing that bothered me was that general from the army's invincibility lol. Also, some parts were a bit cheesy, like the "I see you" thing, and the name for that ore "Unobtanium". Original, isn't it.

I think they named it unobtanium cuz it was hard to obtain. Makes sense. Hah. I completely [bleep]ing agree with the General not dying wtf? He had no mask on when Jake threw the missile into the propeller and yet he some how managed to not breathe? Fail. Also the missile would not have gone off. *sigh*

I just saw this movie today, and it is the only movie I've liekd since Up, haha.

Also way too damn predictable, but I liked how the planet really was "one" (all connected) and yea, I predicted every mother [bleep]ing thing that happened. SPOILER: for example, when they said her great great great great grandpa was the last to ride the bird, I knew he would ride it first. Too cliché. Amazing movie besides that.

Also, at your comment it wasn't very well written, the dialog was lacking.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Wow, a billion dollars in sales already and it just opened in China yesterday (or would it be two days ago now?).

Damn. That movie is going to be so horribly censored... I can't even imagine.

censoredavatar.png

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

They didn't have it 3d at my location *cries*

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Damn. That movie is going to be so horribly censored... I can't even imagine.

I'm not sure how much they censor movies coming into their country but I've seen some Chinese movies that were never censored and much worse than this.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Wow that's really too bad D: The 3D aspect is what *really* made the movie.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yes well, I still thought it was amazing haha. If they release it with 3d glasses (they do that, right?) I will buy that crap up.

Yes well, I still thought it was amazing haha. If they release it with 3d glasses (they do that, right?) I will buy that crap up.

Yes. The 3D glasses look like sunglasses, though. They're not the retro paper glasses with the blue and red lenses.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

The 3D is done by defocusing your eyes for you. When you look through the glasses, the light is moved in a way that makes your eyes able to combine them into a single image, similar to the way that stereograms work. The only problem I have with it is that i can't use my normal glasses with them, so the image produced isn't very sharp (I'm very short sighted).

Anyway, 3D was definitely worth it.

I have seen it 3 times now, and fully enjoyed it each and every time. Cliched? Yes, but still one of the best films i have ever seen.

Why cant we live in Pandora?

a14z78.jpg

Overseer of Tip.it Clan Tournament 2010

Click

here to read the rules || Click here to sign up

`Stu` on #clans (irc.swiftirc.net)

I've read quite a bit about it, and I kind of want to see it now. Apparently they use a new sort of camera that shoots what's called 5D, where the scenes and 3D effects are already rendered, and they actually film in live-action. As in, you look in the camera and see the people moving as if they were in the real movie (using low-poly resolutions, of course, full detail would be much more than the camera can handle), meaning they can get better shots than filming and then adding on the effects. Plus the creator was pretty brilliant; he said he designed the movie to make you really want to visit Pandora, for the viewer to want to see it again and again. From what I've gathered from my friends and this forum, it appears he's succeeded in that :P

You guys are doing great, keep on buying those tickets. The animation industry needs your moneysupport. :thumbup:

wl7w9j.png

As a parody, I think someone should do something where the Na'vi come to Earth and attempt to take our resources.

Just imagine the human leaders going around the world gathering different countries...

Tactical nukes before they even get close.

As a parody, I think someone should do something where the Na'vi come to Earth and attempt to take our resources.

Just imagine the human leaders going around the world gathering different countries...

Tactical nukes before they even get close.

25 killstreaks first heh?

Fire-1.png

ive seen it 4 times in 3D, and i want to see it again in imax.

and yeah, the story itself is pretty clunky, but the effects and feel are fantastic

zoe saldana <3:

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I don't know if it's me, but throughout the battle I was constantly supporting the human race and had really hoped that they would've won. I mean, it's pretty obvious that the humans would be completely overwhelmed by a spritual force and I knew that, but there was that glimpse of hope that majority of the damage could be done before the humans lost.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!