Jacks0n

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be going tomorrow evening for an IMAX viewing in 3D, I'm really curious, although I've missed most of the hype.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Wow.

Just, wow.

Discuss.

It's like people don't even try anymore.

Anyway, this movie is definitely on my to-see list - because really, it's James "I made Aliens and the two good Terminator movies" Cameron. Even if it's Cameron's worst movie to date it'd still be worth the $12.

2009rb9.jpg

I'm dying to see this, it looks so good. Sad though.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I LOVED THIS MOVIE.

Okay... it wasn't necessarily my favorite movie of the year (*cough* Star Trek *cough*), but it was certainly epic!

The action was intense. The characters were unique, and I really grew fond of them, and felt like I was experiencing their feelings along with them. The acting... well, Sigourney Weaver <3: (Enough said.)

And the graphics were STUNNING. The environment was unique, the characters and creatures were really awesome. It was such a bright movie, bright fluorescent colors popping out at you in nearly every scene - which played very nicely against some of the sadder scenes.

The 3D material wasn't 3D in the sense that stuff "popped" out at you, or jumped off of the screen. It was all really just utilized to get a sense of depth to the environments - if you're going to watch it, I really suggest you watch the 3D version (if available). It's well worth the few extra dollars.

Regardless of 3D or 2D, WATCH IT@

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

^^ Yeah, I heard that 3D does actually make the difference with this film. Looks amazing, going to see it, probably next week when me and the missus have a spare night. :thumbsup:

logo.jpg

Hmm I'd love to see this in iMax :P Now to find someone who is willing to see it with me D:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Hmm I'd love to see this in iMax :P Now to find someone who is willing to see it with me D:

Exactly what I was thinking, on both counts. It sounds like the kind of film my best mate would want to see, I should check with him this afternoon.

Flyingjj.png

I must say it was the best movie I've seen all year. And I'm so glad I went to see it in 3D. I seriously wasn't expecting much from it.. but wow, it blew me out of my seat. Seing the first adverts of it I think was when I seen 2012, and it wasn't that..amazing. But considering it was on in 3D, I said I must go. And I am most glad I did.

This's the kind of movie I'd recommend everyone to see, pure genius. Really had a sense that you were there, the action was intense and the graphics were stunning.

<3:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Exactly what I was thinking, on both counts. It sounds like the kind of film my best mate would want to see, I should check with him this afternoon.

So... I tried going tonight, as it might have been my only chance to see it in 3D, and definitely my only chance to see it in iMax, but the next four shows (2 in iMax, 2 in plain 3D) were sold out. So, now I'm back here... Ah well, try again when I get home in a few days. And I was looking forward to actually watching an iMax movie for once, still haven't been to one...

Flyingjj.png

I went through a lot of CRAP to see this movie, but I have to say, it was worth it. First day, the damn projector broke an hour in before it had even gotten to the good part. Second day, same showing time, same theater, it broke AGAIN, before the movie even started. Oh well, we got a few free movies per person out of the deal. So we go to Imax, and they're SOLD OUT. GRR. Then we FINALLY get to another showing. After watching the movie I completely forgot about the previous debacle. Great movie, I'd say it's easily up there with Star Wars and LoTR, if nothing else, for the amazing, unique world of Pandora. I admit the music wasn't the best, and some of the lines left something to be desired, but hell you can't expect ANY movie to be perfect.

I highly recommend watching in 3D.

I saw Avatar on the Friday opening night and was blown away by the CGI and special effects. Watching it in 3D is really amazing and you almost feel like you're actually there experiencing everything alongside the characters. While some critics are picking at the story's lack of uniqueness and plot twists I thought that it was great just the way it was. You almost wouldn't want anything overcomplicated to distract you from the incredible visuals.

Since it's already made $232,180,000 worldwide I think it's safe to say that James Cameron has created another masterpiece. Easily the best movie I've seen in the past couple of years. I'd love to watch it again in IMAX 3D but I don't think I will be able to find anyone to go again with me either. Perhaps if I bug my friends enough they will. :P

I saw it in 2D not too long ago, and I have to admit, it was amazing. This is the first film where I can say that the CGI characters were indistinguishable from the human characters, and that's what I call a serious breakthrough. Motion capture's the way forward.

I plan on seeing it again but in 3D pretty soon. Can't wait icon_razz.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png