Jacks0n

Considering all the positive comments, I will go see this in the near future in IMAX with a few friends.

I see all the positive comments here.. but get a lot of negative feedback from friends :mellow:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A boring, too long, massive allegory jammed down my throat. The only thing that was really good about the movie was the 3D. Everything else was just average.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

A boring, too long, massive allegory jammed down my throat. The only thing that was really good about the movie was the 3D. Everything else was just average.

This, basically, though I didn't think it got that boring. The characters were all generic too, especially the elves, I mean, Pandoran natives.

Average story but great graphics?

Seems like another Hollywood production to me! Ha, but still, I might see it for the graphics effects, first of its kind I'm guessing?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It got boring because it was around 2 and a half hours. That was way too long for that plot, way too long.

But the 3D was awesome, I usually hate everything in 3D but I absolutely loved the experience. Graphics were great too.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Considering all the positive comments, I will go see this in the near future in IMAX with a few friends.

I see all the positive comments here.. but get a lot of negative feedback from friends :mellow:

Well, what did your friends say exactly ? I'm wanting to know.

Oh, guys. Rang the IMAX [in Sydney, the city in which I live], all tickets for Avatar booked out untill a few days after Christmas. Holy crap.

It did look nice, and I can't say what 3D was like since I didn't see that but the regular viewing just wasn't as spectacular as many are saying. They are still just regular CGI effects, just a lot lot more of them.

You need to watch it in 3D before saying anything really, it made a huge difference.

Well, what did your friends say exactly ? I'm wanting to know.

Oh, guys. Rang the IMAX [in Sydney, the city in which I live], all tickets for Avatar booked out untill a few days after Christmas. Holy crap.

I booked some for today, yesterday evening.

The only seats that were left at the IMAX here are the front row ones, for every showing until new years day.

Tk5SF.png

That was an enjoyable movie. I saw it in 3D, although not imax 3d.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

What's the difference between 3D and IMAX 3D?

I watched Avatar in 3D last night and it looked amazing. However, the storyline wasn't that great -- ending was predictable and the dialogue was a bit cheesy.. "I see you"; barf barf. The hand flapping during the dancing at the end was a bit weird too.

I guess the rest of the people in the cinema liked it, someone started a clap at the end while I just facepalmed. I didn't think it was that great.

It just looked great.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

What's the difference between 3D and IMAX 3D?

I watched Avatar in 3D last night and it looked amazing. However, the storyline wasn't that great -- ending was predictable and the dialogue was a bit cheesy.. "I see you"; barf barf. The hand flapping during the dancing at the end was a bit weird too.

I guess the rest of the people in the cinema liked it, someone started a clap at the end while I just facepalmed. I didn't think it was that great.

It just looked great.

IMAX is just a huuuuge screen.

And yeah, people clapped at the screening I went to even though it was Saturday night? I just laughed, it wasn't that good.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I'm going to see it tomorrow [well, today, since it's 1:42...]

And to make you jealous -- I'm seeing it on the world's biggest screen.

The IMAX Theatre Sydney in Darling Harbour is home to the world's largest cinema screen at 29.42m high by 35.73m wide covering an area of more than 1,015 square metres... IMAX film based giant screen theatres boast some of the world's largest cinema screens. It is made possible by the projection of such large film frames and it will be some time before it can be replicated with digital projection systems. Up to eight storeys high, they are ten times larger than a tradtional cinema screen and fills the whole field of human vision.

Made of stretched vinyl, coated with a reflective silver paint they are stretched taut over a scaffold frame.

With thousands of small perforations they allow sound from speakers positioned behind the screen to play their key role in the total surround sound system.

IMAX films are shot and projected on 15 perforation/70mm film - the largest film format in existence. It is only possible to project these onto the huge screen because of the remarkable high definition and clarity of these film frames.

And it is these huge film frames that are at the heart of the giant screen IMAX film experience. Three times larger than the traditional 70 mm cinemascope frames they have pushed the quality of motion picture images to new heights (quite literally).

The key to their superior performance and reliability is the unique 'Rolling Loop' film movement. The Rolling Loop advances the film horizontally in a smooth, wave-like motion. During projection, each frame is positioned on a fixed registration point and the film is held firmly against the rear element of the lens by a vacuum. As a result, the picture and focus steadiness are far above normal standards and provide outstanding image clarity.

The powerful 3D projector uses two 15,000 watt bulbs (the average 35mm projector uses a bulb between 2,000 and 4,000 watts). The huge heat generated requires a dedicated cooling system that pumps 1,600 cubic metres of air and 36 litres of distilled water through the lamp housing every minute to keep the projector cool.

The two lenses on the IMAX® 3D camera roughly match the distance between our eyes and so each lens 'sees' a slightly different view. The images are photographed onto two separate rolls of film - corresponding to a right eye and left eye image - which run simultaneously through the camera.

These two films are then alternately

I'm going to see it tomorrow [well, today, since it's 1:42...]

And to make you jealous -- I'm seeing it on the world's biggest screen.

The IMAX Theatre Sydney in Darling Harbour is home to the world's largest cinema screen at 29.42m high by 35.73m wide covering an area of more than 1,015 square metres... IMAX film based giant screen theatres boast some of the world's largest cinema screens. It is made possible by the projection of such large film frames and it will be some time before it can be replicated with digital projection systems. Up to eight storeys high, they are ten times larger than a tradtional cinema screen and fills the whole field of human vision.

Made of stretched vinyl, coated with a reflective silver paint they are stretched taut over a scaffold frame.

With thousands of small perforations they allow sound from speakers positioned behind the screen to play their key role in the total surround sound system.

IMAX films are shot and projected on 15 perforation/70mm film - the largest film format in existence. It is only possible to project these onto the huge screen because of the remarkable high definition and clarity of these film frames.

And it is these huge film frames that are at the heart of the giant screen IMAX film experience. Three times larger than the traditional 70 mm cinemascope frames they have pushed the quality of motion picture images to new heights (quite literally).

The key to their superior performance and reliability is the unique 'Rolling Loop' film movement. The Rolling Loop advances the film horizontally in a smooth, wave-like motion. During projection, each frame is positioned on a fixed registration point and the film is held firmly against the rear element of the lens by a vacuum. As a result, the picture and focus steadiness are far above normal standards and provide outstanding image clarity.

The powerful 3D projector uses two 15,000 watt bulbs (the average 35mm projector uses a bulb between 2,000 and 4,000 watts). The huge heat generated requires a dedicated cooling system that pumps 1,600 cubic metres of air and 36 litres of distilled water through the lamp housing every minute to keep the projector cool.

The two lenses on the IMAX® 3D camera roughly match the distance between our eyes and so each lens 'sees' a slightly different view. The images are photographed onto two separate rolls of film - corresponding to a right eye and left eye image - which run simultaneously through the camera.

These two films are then alternately

OMG i'm so jealous now <3:

Some of my friends went today but i couldn't go :s maybe I'll go some other time with different mates. I'm really anxious about this film and I hope I can go this week.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I just saw this film in 3D yesterday. When we went to see the 3:30PM showing, it was sold out, so we had to buy the 4:30 showing and wait in the threatre for an hour. It was well worth it, though. The 3D glasses are also very nice. They look like sunglasses.

I was amazed by the high definition from the 3D version. It looked like you were right by the window, and you could see through it.

My favourite parts had to be the big spaceship that the Americans used to reach Pandora in the beginning of the film. It looked a lot like our technology and not some futuristic ship like Star Trek. It looked like something NASA would create/has created. The humanoid vehicles weren't bad either. We actually have some of the technology that was shown in the film, at least the US military does anyway.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Saw this today with some friends. Was fantastic visually, but a bit cheesy.

Just a bit...

"I see you."

"I see you."

That made me cringe.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Good movie. It felt like Romeo and Juliet meets the Smurfs on steroids, lol. It was visually gorgeous, with highly creative landscapes and fantasy animals (even if they were heavily based on real animals). The plants were entertaining, and the night scenes were just beatiful!

As for the actual movie, cheesy or not I loved it. The parrallel to America's Middle Eastern presence wasn't very subtle :lol:. Story was rather predictable, but it was a hell of a ride regardless. 3 hours well spent.

Praise Eywa!

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn