Jacks0n

I saw it in IMAX 3D. I loved the movie. The only problem I have is with everyone calling it a social commentary. Just get into the movie and enjoy it. While I did note the (screaming) anti-capitalist and anti-(Iraq)war themes, I looked past them to enjoy it. Also, I wish people would stop comparing the story to other movies. So what? Please, try to create a 100% original story. But if you have to call it something, I'd call it a bad-[wagon] version of FernGully.

:thumbup:

edit: Oh and stop complaining that the animals were too similar to creatures here on earth. If they had been too outrageous the whole movie would have become completely unrelateable

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story or no story, graphics were amazing. I can't wait to see the DVD features and how it was made. It was hard to distinguish what was real and what was not real and that means they did an EXCELLENT job. I stayed to watch the credits because each one of them deserved the credit. :thumbsup:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

My cousin did some of the special effects make-up on the characters, so I've been meaning to see this movie asap. Unfortunately I've yet to get out to see it. The 3-D showings have been at horrible times for me. Is it worth seeing in 3-D or should I just see a regular showing?

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I don't think 3D made that big of a deal. I really don't remember a part that made me feel "OMG THAT'S 3D!". It just made the film more vibrant than a regular showing.

I wasn't even paying too much attention to details, but there are some glaring plotholes in the movie. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, because I was kept entertained the whole 3 hours, but I have to say it's not the best movie I've ever seen.

Just went and seen it a few hours ago, it's a pretty damn good movie. The plot is fair, nothing spectacular, but the graphics and 3D were neat, and it kept me entertained. Overall a pretty good movie.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

My cousin did some of the special effects make-up on the characters, so I've been meaning to see this movie asap. Unfortunately I've yet to get out to see it. The 3-D showings have been at horrible times for me. Is it worth seeing in 3-D or should I just see a regular showing?

Most of the people I've talked to about it mostly just complain about the extra cost of 3D in some theaters, I have heard from most on the Internet that 3D is necessary but not anything from people about it. Also from people I've talked too (a mix of seeing it in 3D and not) there is a pretty good inverse correlation between how good you thought the movie was and how many video games you play; people who play little to no video games thought it was amazing while those of us who play a decent amount were less impressed.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Most of the people I've talked to about it mostly just complain about the extra cost of 3D in some theaters, I have heard from most on the Internet that 3D is necessary but not anything from people about it. Also from people I've talked too (a mix of seeing it in 3D and not) there is a pretty good inverse correlation between how good you thought the movie was and how many video games you play; people who play little to no video games thought it was amazing while those of us who play a decent amount were less impressed.

Yeah. The 3D wasn't that impressive overall, but it did add a nice touch, or a bit of charm to it. Lots of pretty colors though. The 3D seemed somewhat subtle though, which is the way it should be.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Really? As both an artist and an avid video gamer I was incredibly impressed with the 3D. The big thing about the 3D is that it really is just used to add an incredible depth of field to everything. Really it is just an incredible looking movie, and the 3D really did make a difference.

Oh yeah, I saw this movie, loved it. I didn't really want to see it at first, but damn it, am I glad I did, one of the best movies I've seen. I loved Pandora, the way it was made, it was excellent, it shows that your world doesn't need to be dark and misty to have disasters happening in them. The action at the end was awesome and the story leading up to it was deep and very well-written. The only thing that bothered me was that general from the army's invincibility lol. Also, some parts were a bit cheesy, like the "I see you" thing, and the name for that ore "Unobtanium". Original, isn't it.

This is probably one of the best movies I've ever seen. If you haven't seen it, go see it. Now. In 3D. Do it.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

3D is the way to go. I can't imagine going to watch it and not seeing it in 3D.

I'm so glad I waited and saw it in 3-D. Great movie overall. It was a bit predictable, but the plot was good and the effects were amazing.

Did anyone else feel that the Na'vi culture had Native African and Native American tastes in it. The rituals and interactions both gave me that impression.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

3D is the way to go. I can't imagine going to watch it and not seeing it in 3D.

I'm so glad I waited and saw it in 3-D. Great movie overall. It was a bit predictable, but the plot was good and the effects were amazing.

Did anyone else feel that the Na'vi culture had Native African and Native American tastes in it. The rituals and interactions both gave me that impression.

Yeah, it does leave that kind of impression.

Just went to see it today in 3d, it was brilliant. I've never seen a movie in 3d before so it was quite an experience in itself. I'm already thinking about seeing it again next week. :grin:

Despite being out for a couple weeks now, the theater was still jam-packed as well. Now I can see why.

The whole theater started cracking up when the alien sex scene started. I was tempted to scream "OH YEAH".

Yeah, the story was a bit predictable, but I believe that worked in favor of the movie. Also, this movie was supposed to be released in 1999.

And did anyone else see Battle for Terra? I thought the plots were extremely similar.

f203f1850c.png

The whole theater started cracking up when the alien sex scene started. I was tempted to scream "OH YEAH".

:twss:

A friend of mine shouted "Is that interspecies erotica?" during that scene. Pretty loud. Funny stuff :thumbup:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

A friend of mine shouted "Is that interspecies erotica?" during that scene. Pretty loud. Funny stuff :thumbup:

I thought of Dead Rising when you said that :3

I thought of Mass Effect.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I thought of Mass Effect.

Yeah. Erotica photo = breasts or crotch in a photo. Or for "Horror", underskirt of an old lady. But now I'm just going off on a tangent here of random [cabbage].

Finally saw it tonight in 3D. It was amazing, and I'm not even sure why. The plot wasn't very original (Can you say "Ferngully?"), but it played out nicely with the characters. I couldn't keep the fact that the plot was so similar to Ferngully out of head the whole time, it was kind of annoying, but otherwise the film was amazing.

Oh, yeah, and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-SVpZrnF34

Flyingjj.png