Ferocious Ring vs. Ring of Wealth

warren211

Avid slayers probably know the question already: in Kuradal's dungeon with a slayer task, is it more worthwhile to use a ferocious ring for the extra damage or a ring of wealth for the chance of extra money?

I've always been slaying with a ROW until I finally got the ferocious ring as a drop, and since then all my Kuradal dungeon tasks have been done with a fero ring. But me and a few friends have been discussing... would wearing the ring of wealth for the chance of better drops (especially monsters like abby demons, metal dragons, and gargoyles in the dungeon) be worthwhile compared to the extra damage from a fero ring? I'd like to see the opinions of others on this, or if there is a confirmation out there that the fero ring acts as a ROW (it's all been speculation but I've never seen a confirmation that they act the same). I have noticed that clue scrolls are much rarer from all the monsters than previously when wearing the fero ring over ROW. Opinions? Personally I prefer the ring just because it guarentees an increase in efficiency rather than altering chances (which doesn't guarantee a payoff), but I'm just curious as to seeing logic from others.

Edit: A majority of this thread points out that the fero ring is a better choice because it's positives can be observed, while the ROW is almost completely defined by myths and rumors (although experiments have been attempted). An additional question I'd like to pose (to prevent the thread from going completely one sided on the issue) is: if the ROW was confirmed to increase total profit by a specific chance increase (rather than the vague "increases chance of a good drop") or if Jagex powered it up to give a noticeable change in drops, what would it take for you to give up the ferocious ring? Are you all about monster killing effieciency, or does the money have an influence on your decisions?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferocious ring, obviously.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I haven't noticed any difference in clue scroll drop rates. Got at least one level 3 clue from most assignments I've had in there while wearing a ferocious ring (sometimes two if I've got bored and done the clue halfway through the task). Can't really comment on whether it acts as a ROW in the dungeon or not, though I'd guess it doesn't.

In answer to the question, I'd always go with the ferocious ring in that dungeon.

I haven't noticed any difference in clue scroll drop rates. Got at least one level 3 clue from most assignments I've had in there while wearing a ferocious ring (sometimes two if I've got bored and done the clue halfway through the task). Can't really comment on whether it acts as a ROW in the dungeon or not, though I'd guess it doesn't.

In answer to the question, I'd always go with the ferocious ring in that dungeon.

That is because clues aren't affected by ROW...................

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Ring of wealth's effect is TINY. From what Jagex has said, it increases rare drop chance by a measly 1%. It basically works by adding 100 or something to whatever number the RNG generates to determine drops, rarer drops obviously then being at the end of this range.

You'd be much better off with +4 damage. You'd be able to kill more monsters in the same time, which increases your chances of getting a good drop a lot more than RoW. Hell I'm debating weather even a zerker wouldn't be better, even though that's obviously much inferior to the ferocious ring.

I know. I was responding to the last part of the OP.

I know. I was responding to the last part of the OP.

Well, no you didn't. Of if you did, you worded your sentence in such a way it seems you didn't know. By stating that your clue scroll drop rate didn't change between RoW and ferocious ring, you inferred that the RoW was expected to have an effect.

Stonewall337.png

No doubt the ferocious ring, especially if you look at the fact that increased speed killing the monsters means that you get drops faster meanining you can get drops faster. Also if we can guess that thr RoW gives a 1% boost, and we say that 5 damage is about 8-13% boost in the damage there's no reason to wear a RoW.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

This thread is entirely based on assumptions.

Please disregard any comparison.

The point of saying that is...?

Anyway, i'd stick with the Ferocious Ring myself. I never saw any increase in goodies while wearing a RoW.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I swore by my ROW for years until Mobilising Armies came out and I switched to the Onyx Ring (i). Now I either use ferocious ring or Onyx ring. I'll never touch an ROW.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Anyway, i'd stick with the Ferocious Ring myself. I never saw any increase in goodies while wearing a RoW.

The point? The point is we know extremely little about the Ring of Wealth, and yet everyone is slinging about ideas as if they're fact.

I could easily say that the Ring of Wealth is far better then the Ferocious Ring. It has a 30% chance increase for all rare drops!

All we know as of now, is that the RoW increases your chances for a rare drop, small drops are not effected, and clues are set apart from both normal and rare drops into their own category. Anything else said about the RoW is complete and utter Jarate.

Prism_Swords.png

There was never a dilema to begin with, fremmy rings have always been the way to go for slayer. Now fericious rings are even better. Rings of wealth work, but they're junk - Exp > Cash.

The point? The point is we know extremely little about the Ring of Wealth, and yet everyone is slinging about ideas as if they're fact.

I could easily say that the Ring of Wealth is far better then the Ferocious Ring. It has a 30% chance increase for all rare drops!

All we know as of now, is that the RoW increases your chances for a rare drop, small drops are not effected, and clues are set apart from both normal and rare drops into their own category. Anything else said about the RoW is complete and utter Jarate.

The reason we know so little about it is because of how useless it is. If it was useful it would need to have a NOTICEABLE effect. Some people claim it works because "omg i got 2 rune scimmys on my first fire giant task without ROW and 3 on my next task with a ROW!!! IT WORKS!!" - obviously that's absoloutely meaningless because of the way probability works. Row has never been worth taking anywhere except perhaps to a boss fight, if even that. It's unfortunate it's like this but exp is what gets you along in RS not cash. Even so, offensive rings increase kill speed, increasing drops. Effectively, you have yourself a two in one ring when you bring a fremmy/ferocious ring.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I'm fairly certain getting a clue is affected by a ROW. I've killed countless goblins and minotaurs for level 1 clues and wearing a ROW greatly increased the drop rate.

Personally, I take the ferocious ring. +4 Damage to every hit is a lot. To me, it means the difference between occasionally 3 hitting a gargoyle and almost never 3 hitting one.

Philip: The extra xp per hour from the fremmy rings is hardly noticable too. Try doing a task with and without a fremmy ring while measuring your xp/h. I bet you'll find an extremely low difference and I take that difference for a small chance of better drops.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

ROW hasn't been worth it for ages.

Ring spot should alwasy be archer, seer, berserker or ferocious

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I always use ferocious ring/zerker (i), the ROW really doesn't make that much difference. The only monster(s) you could really consider using a row on would be the metal dragons, other than that you should stick with your ferocious / zerker (i) ring.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

What is an ''Row''?

Yes, that is sarcasm, but I never used a row and I never will. I got countless good/rare drops without one. I love the guarantee +4 hit of the Fero ring. So in my opinion, use the Fero ring.'

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

for me slayer is just for fun most regular drops pay for my trips and whenever i get a rare drops thats just an extra. for most tasks i use berserker or ferocious ring only few do i use row and i never use it on abbys only on like metals and fire giants. but if ur worried about drops just bring both use ferocious ring while killing and switch to row when its almost dead and finish the monster not that hard after u get used to it.

I don't know if my assumption is true or not. It's just what I've heard. What I DO know is that I've killed countless monsters with and without ring of wealth, and I haven't noticed a difference either way in the same number of kills.

And btw, I've seen logs thousands of kills long with and without wealth, and the increase in rare drops seems to be consistent with the 1% theory.

The fact is, weather it's 1% or 5%, or whatever, the ferocious ring increases your chances of getting a rare drop in the same time by a heck of a lot more by speeding up kills.

Why does everyone always leave Warrior Ring out of the equation? (Especially Warrior Ring(i)) That's 8 more chances to hit any damage at all. :blink: JaGeX stated before how these kinds of things work but I'm not gonna quote them. Personally, for Slayer anyways, I prefer the chance to do any damage at all. A Berserk Ring basically just increases the highest number you can hit, it doesn't increase the chance you hit. It's wierd, most slayers use Dragonfire Shields as well rathr than a Rune Defender for offense. :blink:

Eventhough I understand using a berserker instead of a warrior ring, but using the DFS instead of an rune defender has always surprised me. Using a defender + barrows instead of DFS + bandos gives a lot more defence and attack in exchange for a minor strength bonus, people are just too obsessed with strength bonus IMO.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Eventhough I understand using a berserker instead of a warrior ring, but using the DFS instead of an rune defender has always surprised me. Using a defender + barrows instead of DFS + bandos gives a lot more defence and attack in exchange for a minorly strength bonus, people are just too obsessed with strength bonus IMO.

I think it's a hold-out from RuneScape Classic pking, when high strength was king because you had to fight three rounds before you could run away from a fight, so being able to kill in three hits was optimal. From that, everyone got in their head that high strength was the way to go and that strength was more important than attack or defense. It's the same idea that makes people still use low defense pures even though they are not effective like they were before RS2.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007