19-Jan-2010 - Barbarian Assault Improvements

Da_Latios

Well, this doesn't sound very much "upgrading the armour" to me. Yeah, the defensive stats got upgraded, but if you want defensive stats you have to take a Barrow platebody anyway... Kinda dissapointed in the "nerf" of the torso, but it's good that they're upgrading there minigames, although Temple Trekking needs it a lot more :$

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only place the penance set would be useful would be agility with rapid heal on. Otherwise the restore rate and the lack of useful stats make the set pretty useless.

Double/triple ranarrs from farmers would be extremely nice though.

EDIT

Penance trident - Reap

A chance of instantly killing an enemy with a Combat Level less than 50 (not including players, bosses, summoning familiars, or creatures that must be killed in a specific way).

In PvP, 'Reap' has the same chance of removing a third of the opponent's current hitpoints.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I wonder if the prayer restore is worth it compared to proselyte armour. It may restore your prayer points over time, but they will drain faster because of the lack of prayer bonus. This might even result in an increased need for prayer pots, which makes the bonus almost useless.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Uh wow. So they nerf the torso. Add a trident that looks pretty useless (master wand + mage book >>> that thing lol). And they upgrade the defense on the penance armor even though there is already armor much better than that. And they make a full penance armor restore prayer slightly faster than HP. Sorry but sounds really, really useless. How about wear prossy in places where you need to conserve prayer?

Only thing that looks remotely interesting is the agility thing. *yawn*

This won't drive me to play BA as I hate the minigame. Seems like I'll stick to slaying Abbys.

this. it is painful to play and you can't really just jump in and play because most of the team-mates you end up with generally don't have a clue what to do - so you have to search for a team on forums or something.

I hope they tweak the actual game mechanics because it really is a headache and not fun at all

I told myself a long time ago the only reason I'd ever play BA is after I get a Challenge Scroll for Champs. Why you might ask? Because the champs music and the two in BA are the only ones I need to get. So if I ever get the one from Champs I'll do BA so I have all the Music.

How on earth can you consider a minigame horrible if you haven't even tried it once?

OT: Anyone knows a use for the prayer restore yet? All I came up with is constantly praying rapid heal while training agility/thieving. :S

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I really must complain, I've now got a torso that is absolutely useless, if I wanted defence I would use Dragon/Barrows. And yes the set effect is nice but that means that I would have to invest more time into the minigame to get the other pieces. Haha, no thanks.

I like my black and white whip, that is nice. But yeah, Jagex get it through your head that we have enough alternative full rune sets now.

I really must complain, I've now got a torso that is absolutely useless, if I wanted defence I would use Dragon/Barrows. And yes the set effect is nice but that means that I would have to invest more time into the minigame to get the other pieces.

I agree, they should make the minigame actually remotely playable and not a complete headache if they are trying to encourage people to take advantage of this set effect.

Penance gear is now just a useless pile of rune armour. so [bleep]ing stupid

Wait, what happend? :S, I wasn't paying attention and suddenly everyone is saying Jagex screwed something up and is trying to hide posts on RSOF of anyone discussing it? What happens Oo?

Wow, makes me want to get my agility up. That skill needed more integration with the other skills. Now if they'll only make Fire Making more useful somehow other than destroying resources.

And if they are improving mini games, I wish they'd improve Stealing Creations. Not the game itself but that game needs more rewards. Some people have thousands of SC points not knowing what to do with them.

Also, the fighter torso got nerfed. I won't be surprised if they start modifying stats of already existing equipment as part of their combat triangle rebalance thing. It seems like it'll be done over a period of multiple updates instead of one big shocking one for the rebalance.

Temple Trekking has lots of rewards! (Grimy Toadflax, Essence, Ores, Lumberjack Gear)

It's the older minigames like Castle Wars which need looking at.

It's not the principle of the minigame, but things like claiming your rewards, the travelmap in HD and the storage of reward scrolls that need to be updated :P

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

I never played this mini-game Trident looks interesting what is its magic bonus? I agree with JoeDaStudd Its nice that penance armour now gives active prayer restore but the gear is so lacking it doesnt really make sence to use it anywear.

+17 magic

Full penance armour recharges 3 prayer points every minute.

Bahahahaha. I'd have to come off curses so I could use quick heal/restore in order to make use for it since that is probably the only thing it'll be good for. It would just take over 27 minutes to fully restore my prayer which is pretty pointless in a combat situation.

edit - And that is all I'll say on the subject, what's done is done, gotta deal with it.

This won't drive me to play BA as I hate the minigame. Seems like I'll stick to slaying Abbys.

this. it is painful to play and you can't really just jump in and play because most of the team-mates you end up with generally don't have a clue what to do - so you have to search for a team on forums or something.

I hope they tweak the actual game mechanics because it really is a headache and not fun at all

I told myself a long time ago the only reason I'd ever play BA is after I get a Challenge Scroll for Champs. Why you might ask? Because the champs music and the two in BA are the only ones I need to get. So if I ever get the one from Champs I'll do BA so I have all the Music.

How on earth can you consider a minigame horrible if you haven't even tried it once?

OT: Anyone knows a use for the prayer restore yet? All I came up with is constantly praying rapid heal while training agility/thieving. :S

Finished up a game on my younger borhters character because he had to use the potty mid game. Then played another one after from start to fiinish. I thought it sucked. I'd do it for the one track, but that one for the Queen Wave would kill me with boredom.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed the Soul Wars cape bug?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Oh come on, it is not that bad. Well I do consider the BA update pretty useless but hey they are considering putting the strength bonus back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fair amount of concern has been voiced about the Penance Torso's new combat stats (thanks for the feedback!).

We decided to increase some of the other stats on the armour, give it the prayer restoring set bonus, and allow it to drop on the floor when dying (as apposed to being destroyed).

This however meant we needed to reduce the strength bonus to balance things out.

So we're now considering how best we can address this - we can put the strength bonus back on, but it will mean reducing some of the other stats. Your opinion is most appreciated!

Mod Tim

RuneScape Lead Content Developer

I still don't get why do the four hats have the same stats though, whats the point of getting all four then if you can just get one?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

The Trident also has a special attack:

Penance trident

Reap

A chance of instantly killing an enemy with a Combat Level less than 50 (not including players, bosses, summoning familiars, or creatures that must be killed in a specific way).

In PvP, 'Reap' has the same chance of removing a third of the opponent's current hitpoints.

penance_trident.jpg

Speaking from a strictly PvM perspective, I don't think the 1 in 60 chance of saving runes is really worth it though. The magic attack bonus isn't bad but being two handed you lose the +15 mage attack you get from the mage's book, or the +20 from a spirit shield.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png