Fun Moneymakers

squidsquash

I am currently low on funds (4m~ in bank atm) and I am looking for some fun ways to make money.

My current goal is 70 prayer, which is around 2k d bones, which is around 9m. I have tried cannoning dragons for the bones, and I HATED it.

So I have been thinking of some fun ways I have made money in the past, but I've never really made a bundle of cash before tbh :/

Although, some things I have considered are:

Ranging Iron/Steel dragons

Barrows runs (Need 3 more mage levels for black sally, any quest requirements for that?)

Runecrafting (Not very fun, but nats are great money)

What do you think I should do at my stats? I'm willing to try anything tbh :/

JacTheRipper.png

Those are good ideas. For me, slayer immediately comes to mind, unless you are tired of combat. With level 65 slayer, you can kill Dust Devils and Aberrant Spectres, the latter being an excellent money maker with its herb drops (sometimes 1m profit per task). You can just camp them rather than try to get them as a task. Or if you choose to do tasks, if you diligently follow them (it's tempting to cancel and skip out, I know, I've been there), you can get a really nice steady income. I suppose following tasks would make it less boring. :)

You can also try investing in MTK (Manage Thy Kingdom). Some people make 1m a week, although this is because they invest a lot of money. Over time you can make substantial profits.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Those are good ideas. For me, slayer immediately comes to mind, unless you are tired of combat. With level 65 slayer, you can kill Dust Devils and Aberrant Spectres, the latter being an excellent money maker with its herb drops (sometimes 1m profit per task). You can just camp them rather than try to get them as a task. Or if you choose to do tasks, if you diligently follow them (it's tempting to cancel and skip out, I know, I've been there), you can get a really nice steady income. I suppose following tasks would make it less boring. :)

You can also try investing in MTK (Manage Thy Kingdom). Some people make 1m a week, although this is because they invest a lot of money. Over time you can make substantial profits.

I'm on the upwards of 1.5m pure profit each week. I get 100% and put 1.75m in and leave it for the week (only play weekends) and its extremely easy

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Try barrows, it's fun, if you need any help go to the archive of wisdom section of this forum.

I agree, Barrows is fun although I wouldn't count on it to make money, but you won't lose money either. And you might get lucky!

In addition to the passive money making activities like Manage Thy Kingdom and Farming, try a variety. Kill some easy Chaos Druids; herbs are outrageously profitable right now. Mine Shooting Stars or cut Evil Trees- not exactly a money making machine, but it is fun and you will get great experience in the process.

By the way, at your particular runecrafting level, you would be best served to craft cosmic runes from a profitability standpoint - check it out. :cool:

Barrows in Verac's is a sure moneymaker at your levels. Barrows items are just the icing. Go for it! :thumbsup:

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I don't know how 'fun' you would class it, but I always enjoyed it as a break from the tedium...I range Zogres to pass the time on occasion, and use the special bones/zogre bones I get to train prayer.

Again, it's not what most people consider fun, but I enjoy it occasionally and thought I'd share it.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that if you choose to sell these things rather than use them, that it's roughly 100k per hour if not more, depending on your luck. Again, not the best moneymaker, but it's different. :3

EDIT: Oh, and I actually really enjoy Temple Trekking/Burgh De Rott Ramble as a mini moneymaker. Lots of pure essence, watermelon seeds, silver, toadflax, etc. I don't have exp per hr rates, but it's also enjoyable.

hzvjpwS.gif

Few things I like to do that are fun and make some money:

- Pickpocket Master Farmer! The fun part for me is that it is so random and you get loads of seeds. Most aren't too valuable, but I usually average 2 - 3 rannar an hour, with the occasional snapdragon. I can get 200k an hour and it's good exp

- Kill druids. Again I like how it's random, you don't get much experience but pretty good money. Keep the high level ones, drop the low levels.

- Clues! I love clues... every one is unique. Level 3's will guarantee you at least 100k, while you have the chance at millions. I even did a level 2 a week ago that got me a Saradomin Cape - 1.6m for 10 minutes. The hardest part is getting the clue. I like Guards for level 2, and Hellhounds or Jellies for level 3's.

Good luck!

Personally, I'm weird and like to go do Tai Bwo Wanni Cleanup. As a common theme with many other people's past times, it's pretty random. The rewards you get are pretty unique, ranging from tribal masks (Fetching anywhere from 20-50k ea), snake skins, gems, and of course the mighty gout tuber.

You get a tiny bit of woodcutting XP and all the while you're amassing trading sticks, which are excellent if you ever intend on using the hardwood grove.

Personally, I'm weird and like to go do Tai Bwo Wanni Cleanup.

Me too! It's a good way to escape from the tedium of most other skills. (in my opinion)

As far as making money goes, I find Runecrafting to be very rewarding, and that in itself makes it fun for me. ^.^

You should try looking at those guides in the Archive of Wisdom on how to make 500k+ in 10 minutes. It is slightly tedious, but it is very short in terms of time. If you do that once per day on top of your normal money making, it will add up fast.

Also, if you are doing something that you normally wouldn't have a familiar out, try a magpie. Gems are crazy high now and you can easily make 50-100K/hour just having the magpie follow you around.

Try barrows, it's fun, if you need any help go to the archive of wisdom section of this forum.

I agree, Barrows is fun although I wouldn't count on it to make money, but you won't lose money either. And you might get lucky!

In addition to the passive money making activities like Manage Thy Kingdom and Farming, try a variety. Kill some easy Chaos Druids; herbs are outrageously profitable right now. Mine Shooting Stars or cut Evil Trees- not exactly a money making machine, but it is fun and you will get great experience in the process.

By the way, at your particular runecrafting level, you would be best served to craft cosmic runes from a profitability standpoint - check it out. :cool:

I actually tested that out, and my average nat run is 1.5k~ more than double cosmics.

And how do you start manage thy kingdom?

JacTheRipper.png

I did barrows for abit for money, Using a saradomin brew/pray pot/restore pot invent to maximise loots per trip, which was usually 4-6 loots per invent.

Each invent cost 160k roughly.. The money I make back from the runes alone is 300k+ (Once It's been 550k for me). And you get the added bonus of Fun and The slight chance of earning millions. :D

I managed to me a little under 6m in 4 days at barrows, doing 2 invents a night. :D

dzuz3d.jpg

Slayer has been mentionned a couple times already...

Watching movies or videos while fishing of woodcutting is a pretty nice way to get money.

Ranging blue dragons in the ogre enclave is pretty sweet too.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I actually tested that out, and my average nat run is 1.5k~ more than double cosmics.

Read all about managing your kingdom here.

Sorry the Cosmic Rune tip didn't work for you, how did you test it? Are you crafting natures via the Graahk teleport or the abyss, and how did you run the cosmics? Just curious. :)

My advice would be to find a skill you enjoy that can also make money and train that. If you're just in it for the money, I'd try RCing, as it's a good money-maker no matter what your level, or as mentioned before, Slayer. And make sure to do Farming (get it up so you can do Ranarrs). Farming = easy money :)

Sportz.png

July 28, 2009 - 9817 to 99 Hunter
March 14, 2010 - 27,605 to 99 Fishing
June 26, 2010 - 2000 Total Levels Reached
August 19, 2011 - 26,541 to 99 Mining
March 29,2012 - 2200 Total Levels Reached

March 27, 2013 - All skills 85+

Read all about managing your kingdom here.

Sorry the Cosmic Rune tip didn't work for you, how did you test it? Are you crafting natures via the Graahk teleport or the abyss, and how did you run the cosmics? Just curious. :)

I tested both via abyss, so the time/run was the same every time. With my chances of making double nats I usually made somewhere between 50-53 nats, which was worth more than the double cosmics. (86? I believe)

This was awhile ago when I started my goal from 58-60 rc, so I don't know if double cosmics is now more profitable due to price changes.

TY for link btw :)

JacTheRipper.png