Olympics

Georgelemmons

anyone see canadian men's hockey play last night

lol, are you watching canada's women team vs swedens right now? They're absolutely dominating them

woooo Canada, already 2 gold medals :thumbsup:

nah went out last night. by the time we got to a bar they were playing the raptors game.

and i enjoyed the downhill skiing wipeouts until someone was flown out :(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be more interested in the Olympics since my country does well (and has done well so far). But i just watched Anja getting bronze, which was very nice!

The problem is the time, because we are +1h gmt here.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Interested to see how mens hockey turns out - expectations of Canada are ridiculously high as always, and we have a great team, but the competition is insane. That win against Switzerland was close last night, and while they have a solid team, they're no Russia or Sweden.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

brodeur /facepalm

Why does everyone say this? Brodeur is the better goalie than Luongo. Look at the first game - yes, Luongo got a shutout, but it was an easy game.

Canada only beat the Swiss because Brodeur was so good and in the shootout there's no way Luongo would have fared as well. Both the goals on Broduer in that game weren't his fault, both were deflections I believe.

I didn't watch all of the Canada vs. US game last night but I know the first goal was a deflection and the second was due to terrible defensive zone coverage from the Canadian defence. The Canadians have a lot of work to do as a team offensively and defensively, Broduer is the least of their problems.

polvCwJ.gif

I confess I do not watch/understand hockey but hearing on the radio today that Canada lost to US since..1960s? is a bit shocking. What happened there? Thats like England lose to China in soccer(ok ok not that bad but you get the point).

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I confess I do not watch/understand hockey but hearing on the radio today that Canada lost to US since..1960s? is a bit shocking. What happened there? Thats like England lose to China in soccer(ok ok not that bad but you get the point).

It's not that shocking at all, while Canada was a favorite the States has a solid team, and there's a ton of other competition as well.

go watch the whole thing. i'm not saying luongo is better, but brodeur was messing up last night

All the States did last night is piggyback off of impressive goaltending. Canada won't be able to win the tourney that way, so it's a nice wakeup call, they'd better pull their act together soon.

As for Brodeur, well, I still maintain several of the goals weren't his fault, and even then it's hard to play a perfect game when your team has so badly abandoned you.

polvCwJ.gif

Miller was an amazing goalie last night for them. :thumbsup: Since this is the first time they've beat Canada in a long time, I'm really glad (plus I have a personal vendetta against Crosby).

US women have almost clinched the gold medal game spot, currently 5-1 against Sweden with one period or so to play.

i've been watching curling (mostly because of bernard) and i still have no idea how scoring works lol

Lol me too, all I know is Canada owns at it.

Canadian womens hockey team is on fire. I'm sure they'll end up playing the states, probably will be the only close game of the tourney.

Mens hockey tonight...If I had to call it I'd say Canada will beat Germany, but having to play Russia with no rest, well, I think that's a bit much to ask for. My medal picks:

1) Sweden

2) United States

3) Russia

polvCwJ.gif

Tonight is the men's 10.000 speedskating, which'll probably give us another gold medal. Mind-numbingly boring to watch though. I just finished watching the first Colbert Report episode of the Olympics, and he didn't mention his speedskating team at all. I'd like to think it's because we trounced them on the men's 1.500 meters :cool:.

Also, I find it funny how different news outlets compile their national rankings. Pretty much every American source I've seen goes by total medal count first, then gold, then silver, then bronze, which would put the US at the top, but most European sources I've seen simply count gold first, then silver, then bronze, which would put Germany at the top (and The Netherlands in the top 10).

Tonight is the men's 10.000 speedskating, which'll probably give us another gold medal. Mind-numbingly boring to watch though. I just finished watching the first Colbert Report episode of the Olympics, and he didn't mention his speedskating team at all. I'd like to think it's because we trounced them on the men's 1.500 meters :cool:.

Also, I find it funny how different news outlets compile their national rankings. Pretty much every American source I've seen goes by total medal count first, then gold, then silver, then bronze, which would put the US at the top, but most European sources I've seen simply count gold first, then silver, then bronze, which would put Germany at the top (and The Netherlands in the top 10).

He took the wrong lane! :wall: :sad: Poor coach:(

underbannerue0.gif

goldenhorde.png

He took the wrong lane! :wall: :sad: Poor coach:(

LOL.

Well, there's the coach's "OH S---!" moment.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Yeah, I don't know how I would be able to handle that in his shoes. I mean, he was by far the fastest and everyone knows it, yet he didn't even get a medal. His coach played a huge part in the mistake, and I think the skater will always blame him for it. However, he'll always know in the back of his head that he shouldn't have listened to him.

hiccup.png

i dont want cindy crosby to win. and no way is sweden winning gold in ice hockey again.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~