16-Feb-2010 - Guaranteed Content Poll + Machinima Q&A Video

Saradomin_Mage

That's the evil tree D&D. An evil tree is close to you.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for the Lunar staff since I don't use Lunar robes (they're god ugly imo) or any of the others. But WHY is a pet rock beating the Lunar staff? ;_;

I'd so want to be able to paint a smiley face on my rock though... that'd be awesome. :thumbsup:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Well, with nothing in the news bar, I wouldn't have known....

Wait... aren't infinity robes... RAINBOW coloured? as in already all colours?

I guess they would be coloured other colours, instead of the pinky/rainbowy ones they are now.

Would think all the buyable items on that list will be bought out soon then...

Not another alternative colour update.... <_<

Alternative colours for TT items can easily be added to the TT list of possible loot. Choices like crystal bow and lunar staff have their counterparts in the set, changing one without changing the rest looks weird to me. Dark bow is.....dark. Alternative pet rock colours can just be added to the game, much like variations for cats, squirrels.....you get the idea. Why go through a minigame that has no link to the items?

If Jagex is suddenly so concerned with colour alternatives for equipment, they should just adopt a similar system like that of Maplestory (or just any other MMOs you know of). One armour/weapon design, multiple colour choices for each level. Meaning the four dragonhides you see now should all belong to equipment for one defence level. Then design more armours with colour variation for the other levels as well. And make them all tradeable.

There are better ways to incentivise Barbarian assault than providing a service that would have been freely given in other MMOs.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Alternative colours for TT items can easily be added to the TT list of possible loot. Choices like crystal bow and lunar staff have their counterparts in the set, changing one without changing the rest looks weird to me. Dark bow is.....dark. Alternative pet rock colours can just be added to the game, much like variations for cats, squirrels.....you get the idea. Why go through a minigame that has no link to the items?

If Jagex is suddenly so concerned with colour alternatives for equipment, they should just adopt a similar system like that of Maplestory (or just any other MMOs you know of). One armour/weapon design, multiple colour choices for each level. Meaning the four dragonhides you see now should all belong to equipment for one defence level. Then design more armours with colour variation for the other levels as well. And make them all tradeable.

There are better ways to incentivise Barbarian assault than providing a service that would have been freely given in other MMOs.

I always thought that the trim on TT itmes should look more vibrant than just the colors we have now. That is more of a graphical rework than a coloring update though.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I always thought that the trim on TT itmes should look more vibrant than just the colors we have now. That is more of a graphical rework than a coloring update though.

While I was talking about Maplestory, I went back to check an old fansite for that game that I used. I think a brief look at their variety of weapons for meleer tells you how lacking RuneScape is in the area of customisation. .

http://sea.hidden-street.net/eq/weapons

(if you don't feel safe about clicking, don't)

Granted the game has a class system, so you can't use every single item there. But if weapons in RS such as scimitars aren't so much better compared to the rest of the weapons in the same set, we might actually see more people in longswords, halberds, battleaxes and war hammers. RuneScape has the advantage of allowing players to be anything they want, so I don't understand why they don't put in more effort in the area of customisation.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I went for the Lunar staff since I don't use Lunar robes (they're god ugly imo) or any of the others. But WHY is a pet rock beating the Lunar staff? ;_;

I'd so want to be able to paint a smiley face on my rock though... that'd be awesome. :thumbsup:

This.

Lunar staff is the only thing in the poll that I actually use the most (for fairy rings). :(

Bows... we have rune c'bow that is better for the job.

Robes... ahrim and void beats it. (who cares about repair bills since we are already blowing money on runes)

Robin hat... armadyl / archer what your average rs player would use...

Pet rock... it doesnt follow you around, you cant equipt it...

argh, i hate rsof...

This.

Lunar staff is the only thing in the poll that I actually use the most (for fairy rings). :(

Robes... ahrim and void beats it. (who cares about repair bills since we are already blowing money on runes)

argh, i hate rsof...

Since when can you not equip the pet rock?

punitivedsig.png

This.

argh, i hate rsof...

Rune C'bow is not always better for the job. I still use Karil's Crossbow and Crystal Bow, both of which are considered "weak", but both of which are better in many circumstances.

Ahrims beats Infinity, except it doesn't have boots. Forget about those, maybe? Infinity Boots are the boots to use as a mage. Infinity Hat matches Ahrim's Hood in magic attack bonus, and as you pointed out, doesn't degrade. Barring RFD Gloves (quest rewards that not everyone has), Infinity Gloves are the best too. Void is kind of weak for Magic, as you sacrifice several slots for the percentage boost. It's only used when you intend to switch to Range / Melee, in that you only need to switch your weapon and helm. Robin Hood Hat isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be either. Unlike the two helms you listed, it does not penalize your melee attack bonuses, if you were to use a melee special weapon. It's only slightly weaker than Armadyl Helm and 3rd Age Coif, but it doesn't require defense.

I had a hard time deciding between Infinity, Robin, and Crystal Bow. I went with the Robin in the end, mostly because I like Crystal Bow the way it is + I don't know how it'll affect the degrading aspect, but I'm already regretting it since I don't have a Robin. I'm hoping Infinity wins now, I'd like some more colors for boots.

I voted for crystal bow for the color thing because it's the only one of those items I can see looking cool with different colors and the only one I actually use. Dark bow is in the lead though but not by much.

More colour? What a waste. So lame updates nowdays, good thing i am F2P.

No good quest

No good diary

No good item release

Just more coloured stuff. Stinks because i like the original whip, the one they did before the colour. Now the default colour is redish (think it was brown before). Then what was the point of the update if it takes away the colour of old whip, which is what you prefer?

Just more coloured stuff. Stinks because i like the original whip, the one they did before the colour. Now the default colour is redish (think it was brown before). Then what was the point of the update if it takes away the colour of old whip, which is what you prefer?

Not everyone prefers that though.

I am very happy with the job the did with re-coloring the whips.

The coloring adds for some individuality without the loss of functionality (eg. with painted rune helmets/shields.). Are you a red person, yellow, or perhaps green? Alot can be said about the color you choose, or did not choose.

So I, along with many other people, certainly wouldn't mind seeing some more items like that. Not everything has to be so serious. Some things are just for fun.

It was always that colour. The flexable section (red) was extended to show the individual colours better.

Not everyone prefers that though.

I am very happy with the job the did with re-coloring the whips.

The coloring adds for some individuality without the loss of functionality (eg. with painted rune helmets/shields.). Are you a red person, yellow, or perhaps green? Alot can be said about the color you choose, or did not choose.

So I, along with many other people, certainly wouldn't mind seeing some more items like that. Not everything has to be so serious. Some things are just for fun.

It gets serious when customisation is linked to a minigame reward. I like a wide variety of customisation, and many MMOs offers this freely, such as in the example I gave a few posts back. They way they are doing it feels something like,

"Treasure Trail now gives out a white beret. But you guys can go play a minigame with no link to the item to change its colour to black or blue, though it makes them untradeable. Same with elegant clothing."

That being said, some weapons are related to the monster who drops it. A lime green granite maul looks weird, no matter how 'customisable' your avatar may be now.

Zepheras.png

-F1775