16-Feb-10 Familiarisation (POST YOUR CLUES!)

Toad

Considering you only get 40 mins max of triple charms a week this is probably best used at waterfiends.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to those submitting clues! If any of you run across clues mind screenying the chatbox for confirmation purposes :)? We will gladly credit those who submit such pics/clues in the guide that is in development.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

So Summoning is the next skill in line to get made significantly easier, wonder whats next.

Not exactly. you can only do it once a week and it only lasts 40mins of in-game time. If anything its barely useful.

Popoto.~<3

EDIT: I spoke to a tree within sight of people crossing a log- obelisk right next to gnome stronghold spirit tree.

On the D&D it's self, the raw shard collecting could be more interesting, it's not that hard to avoid the familiars that are after you, just keep going around in a big circle picking up all you see. Pretty easy to get all 60 for me but i'm not sure if your summoning level affects your resistance to damage. And triple charms is pretty nice if you have a waterfiend task ready to go. I got 201 crimsons (67 crim drops) before the 40 min was up, not to mention 6 blue and 15-21 of each gold and green. Not earth shaking but nice for those collecting crimsons. Only triple and for only 40 mins keeps it from being overpowered but it's the once a week that makes it from being really usefull. i think twice a week would be fair, but then again I dont get to make the rules.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

I got well over 300 crimsons, killing ~130 Waterfiends within the 37 minutes I earned. I'm pretty sure you could do it faster, too, seeing as I'm certainly not the faster Waterfiend slayer around.

It was kind of cool... I do think it'll be useful, saved for Waterfiend tasks and the like.

On clues: 'Near where doors talk' is probably first level of Stronghold of Security, since there's a summoning obelisk that's within spitting distance of one of the freaky doors that used to ask you questions.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

rewards look good, I'm trying to get to 57 summoning so this will speed it up a lot :D.

I always like D&D, they were a nice way to kill time while woodcutting... But I haven't found a shooting star before... Guess I'm not looking hard enough.

Anyway, I'll probably give it a go once I train Summoning. Hopefully it's a bit of fun also :).

disturbeda.png

This was a location, not sure if it is exact

Sun, sand, freshly-picked fruit and pretty music

This is Catherby, by the tree farming patch and the music guy

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

Near the ever flagging war or whatever, near Castle Wars?

I dont play RS anymore really, but thats what it sounds like to me.

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

* Near the ever-flagging war. - Castle Wars

* A place where doors talk. - Stronghold of Security

(Well... it USED to talk a lot... :P )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Can someone explain me how this got so FAIL? such a good idea wasted....

Summoning Distraction and DIversion is supposed to give minor ammounts of summoning xp while training summoning, now, it takes place in mini obelisks (lame(yes summoners train their summonign at MINI obelisks... -.-)), can be done once a week (lame, lets make evil trees grow once a week, that'd be nice), gives fail rewards (and you can only choose one, not boost and items like other D&D's), and breaks RS history.

Whats up with them making a plane with summoning creatures? I'd understand if it was charm themed, but after they stated that the charms actually guide your summoning "spell" to a realm, and the secondary ingredient chooses the individual summoned. If this "minigame" of their really isnt just a hallucination after you touch some imbued obelisk, then we can make aby kind of summoning pouches with ONE kind of charm...

Jagex could have made this such a nice DnD, nows it a FailFest.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Two big dislikes I have:

1. It looks to be optimally like 100k/week if you get the best rewards, and I can get that much in a day transporting broad bolt tips. I'd prefer it to be daily, or at least every other day or something. Weekly is too rare, it seems.

2. Pikkupstix doesn't tell you when the obelisk will return. I waited for an hour and a half for it. It was not fun, but at least a different D&D came to distract me from waiting for this D&D.

However, the idea is good, it looks great, and the Lucky Charms sounds good.

I thought they learned their lesson from the Evil Tree when they added a countdown timer to it. Did they forget or what? It's the little things like this that make me contemptuous of Jagex these days.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I have not started this D&D yet as I am researching it first.

I discovered a Jmod stated we could use the "40 minutes" anytime we want; however, this is not that clear to me as I do not know "when" the 40 minutes would actually start. Also, does this 40 minutes apply to "skilling" too and not just combat? (I ask the latter question because, if I am the one who activates the 40 minutes, I would like to do so on a task that has the potential of gaining the most charms for myself.)

I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning and my growth is yet to end!!

So this is like penguins, except you don't have to search 6 times and you get double charms for your trouble.

Hey, seems like a good deal to me, even if it isn't the update I was hoping for.

*Triple

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

rewards look good, I'm trying to get to 57 summoning so this will speed it up a lot :D.

I always like D&D, they were a nice way to kill time while woodcutting... But I haven't found a shooting star before... Guess I'm not looking hard enough.

Anyway, I'll probably give it a go once I train Summoning. Hopefully it's a bit of fun also :).

Keep your eyes peeled near mines and banks for a circle of white dots..... it looks odd on your minimap. You can often gather your 200 stardust from the crashed star and reap some (to my eyes) nice rewards. :)

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to this D&D. It sounds like it's nicely balanced to give a bit of a boost without devaluing too much the effort that so many high level summoners have already put in.

For those who do not already know this:

You will need to speak with Pikkenmix twice for this mini. The first time is to get into the spirit realm to get your shards; and the second can be done at anytime during the week (providing you can find him when you are in game) to "start" the time you have to gather triple charms.

Seems maybe a few chat channels might be good for this; or a tipit thread where people can post when they find an abyss open. This might save much time we might otherwise be waiting for pikkenmix to "rest". (I would try this myself except my time in RuneScape is too sporadic at this time of year to be dependable.)

I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning and my growth is yet to end!!

Not sure if mines exact but from what I can remember it went:

"under the white city where scorpions roam" - Dwarven mine under fally.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D