22-Feb-2010 - Impetuous Impulses Improvements

Orc

Can you post what items you loot from each of the three new implings and i will add them to the front page, thank you.

The number of items that can be received in varying amounts may differ from the number posted here, it is not exact yet.

[spoiler=Spirit Impling Loot]

Charms can only be obtained from Spirit Implings if you catch them yourself, not through ones bought in Impling Jars via trade or the grand exchange.

10 Buckets of Sand

6 Bronze Bars

5 Iron Bars

2 Steel Bars

37 Willow Logs

1 Graahk Fur

1 Unicorn Horn

25 Raw Rat Meat

9 Raw Rabbit Meat

4 Chinchompa's

1 Pengatrice Egg

1 Guthatrice Egg

25 Empty Pouches

6 Gold Charms

2 - 4 Green Charms

2 - 4 Crimson Charms

1 Blue Charm

[spoiler=Zombie Impling Loot]

1 Long Bone

1 Curved Bone

7 - 15 Big bones

2 Raurg Bones

2 - 7 Babydragon Bones

3 - 5 Dragon Bones

3 Wyvern Bones

[spoiler=Kingly Impling Loot]

59 Onyx Bolts

6 Dragonstones

31 Uncut Diamonds

2 Dragon Longswords

15 Uncut Diamonds

41 Dragon Bolts

2 Crystal Keys

10 Runite Bars

62 Dragon Arrowtips

272 Dragon Dart tips

286 Dragon Darts

3 Dragonstone Amulets

Royal Crown

Royal Amulet

Royal Sceptre

Royal Leggings

Royal Shirt

Credits: Jaspa, Lord_Skatekid, DenUsynlige, tortilliachp, the_korny, JonArcane, Dullmage, Jeda45, QueenValerie, Spiroff90

[/Quote]

22-Feb-2010 - Impetuous Impulses Improvements

There is a bit of hubbub in Puro-Puro, as implings with new tastes come and join the already unruly crowd. The spirit implings (level 54 Hunter) are keeping an eye out for those tasty charms, pouches and secondary Summoning ingredients; zombie implings (level 87 Hunter), despite claiming to be after braaains, seem to carry rather bonier loot; and the greatest of clamours is reserved for the very rare appearance of the rulers of them all, kingly implings (level 91 Hunter), who have a taste for all kinds of luxury and riches (including a fittingly regal new outfit).

To the keen hunter, rewards should no longer be the sole reason to take the time to net the little blighters in their home plane, as they now give a generously improved amount of Hunter XP when caught. Watch out for the imp defenders, though!

Elnock Inquisitor seems unperturbed by all this, but is prepared to give you a little extra help. He’ll stretch to sell you a few of his empty impling jars every day, in case you accidentally used your last one, and will also store a butterfly net, some imp repellent and a fair amount of empty jars for whenever you next decide to stop by.

Meanwhile, on Gielinor, the greedy implings seen flying around are getting tired from all their wandering, so you can now grab them with your bare hands (much like barehanded butterfly catching). It’ll be trickier to catch them this way than with a net, but it can be done (and gets easier the higher your Agility level), and if you achieve this feat without even having a jar to hold them in, you will just get the loot and the XP directly. Hunter XP for catching implings outside of Puro-Puro has also been greatly increased.

Finally, if you’re lucky enough to come across and enter one of the wandering crop circles (i.e. not the one in Zanaris), you will benefit from a farmer’s affinity bonus, which will let you push through Puro-Puro’s magical wheat faster for the next thirty minutes.

Time to go and help control the seemingly infinite influx of implings!

Mod Maylea

RuneScape Content Developer

In other news...

The Orb of Oculus’s aim mode should now be a fair bit smoother, which should allow for some great camerawork.

Duradel now has a small chance of giving ice strykewyrms as a task, but they're quite uncommon. Kuradal is still your best bet by far if you want to fight them.

The New Items:

New items.

2917_obj_sprite.gif?id=15511

2917_obj_sprite.gif?id=15509

2917_obj_sprite.gif?id=15505

2917_obj_sprite.gif?id=15507

2917_obj_sprite.gif?id=15503

[spoiler=New Items In-game]

I will try get someone with a full set asap, quite difficult atm, understandably.

Royal Crown

royalcrown.png

Royal Shirt

royaltop.png

Royal Amulet

Royal Sceptre

Royal Leggings

[spoiler=Patch Notes 22nd Feb 2010]The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Resized the Tower of Life hard hat model.

* Fixed a problem with lunar robes and certain weapons.

* A quest area has had torches added to better light the area.

* Adjusted the graphic on the leaflets around Varrock.

* The model and textures on the wooden shield have been updated.

Miscellaneous

* Added some blocking to a bit of water.

* Removed a redundant pick option from some flowers.

* Added a bank deposit box to the Runecrafting Guild.

* Fixed a problem with the submarine cutscene in Hunt for Red Raktuber.

* Adjusted a staff of light script that was unnecessarily cancelling its effect.

* Rewrote a portion of code dealing with the lunar staff.

* Moved a strykewyrm further away from a tree.

* Corrected the jungle strykewrym hint info from Kuradal.

* Added some blocking in Iban’s temple.

* You can no longer wield any weapon while cutting ivy with a dragon hatchet.

* Adjusted some code checks to see if you could actually be given an item or not.

Orc.png

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like this one is the first topic seeing as it was at the bottom before I posted. Anyone else unable to log on? I see worlds all have people online... Charms from imps sounds good, but if its only one charm per imp I cant see anyone hunting them for charms. More xp is good for everyone. Wonder what the outfit is?

Michigander.png

Hand ctahcing imps sounds nice, might grab em when i r a wandering

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thats royal epicness. Must be a vanity set without stats :) A form of treasure trail clothing.. but.. from hunting :D right

wonder if p hats will be affected by crown at all

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

RuneScape was working fine before the update, now I can't get on at all. I get this error message, which I've never had before:

Please read the following text to understand why you are seeing this page

You are seeing this page because we could not load RuneScape on your computer. There are a couple of easy steps you can take to try and immediately resolve this:

Create a new directory called c:\rscache or /rscache. If possible, set that directory to have full read and write permissions, so that all users can write to it. RuneScape should then detect that directory and use it for its files.

Login to your computer as an 'administrator' user and then try loading RuneScape again. This should give RuneScape sufficient access to update itself.

Upgrade to a newer version of Java by going to www.java.com and downloading and installing the latest version.

If you are unable to complete any of the above, then you may continue to play the game in 'unsigned' mode.

Loading and running the game 'unsigned' like this takes much longer, as it must re-download all the content every time you play; you will also be unable to use RuneScape's high detail graphics mode or use the in-game world switcher without reloading the game.

To work around this, you may use this page to manually select a world and then load the game. Please be aware that loading the game from this page will always load the unsigned game, so you should only use this page if you really have no other option.

For further help, please read this article, which can be found in the Customer Support section of our website.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Now for the intriguing questions, hopefully soon resolved:

-is bare-handed slower than net catching?

-does bare-handed catching give agility xp?

Now just a quick reminder that the polar bear boosts your hunter level by 10 invisibly.

-you need a net and jar in the minigame to catch imps

Happy hunting :D

<edit>

Looks like a good update, shame i have no account :(.

Edited by Gandorf61
Best not to joke about deleting certain folders just incase some people don't know what could happen.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

RuneScape was working fine before the update, now I can't get on at all. I get this error message, which I've never had before:

You are seeing this page because we could not load RuneScape on your computer. There are a couple of easy steps you can take to try and immediately resolve this:

Create a new directory called c:\rscache or /rscache. If possible, set that directory to have full read and write permissions, so that all users can write to it. RuneScape should then detect that directory and use it for its files.

Login to your computer as an 'administrator' user and then try loading RuneScape again. This should give RuneScape sufficient access to update itself.

Upgrade to a newer version of Java by going to www.java.com and downloading and installing the latest version.

If you are unable to complete any of the above, then you may continue to play the game in 'unsigned' mode.

Loading and running the game 'unsigned' like this takes much longer, as it must re-download all the content every time you play; you will also be unable to use RuneScape's high detail graphics mode or use the in-game world switcher without reloading the game.

To work around this, you may use this page to manually select a world and then load the game. Please be aware that loading the game from this page will always load the unsigned game, so you should only use this page if you really have no other option.

For further help, please read this article, which can be found in the Customer Support section of our website.

getting the same problem on all browsers :evil:

bickers007.png

I'm getting it too. Downloaded the new Java and I have admin rights. Going to try a reboot and if that doesn't work I'll go do something else.

Aurei_Animus.png