22-Feb-2010 - Impetuous Impulses Improvements

Orc

They would of been up roar if they are decent xp (which I assume they are) as what they drop doesnt magically affect peoples internet connections and illnesses that can delay reaction times. Thus making fire cape truely impossible for some players

Bull****. This is a videogame. It should require some amount of skill. I'm pretty offended that people are saying they have a mental illness just so they won't have to deal with something in the game. As someone who has a mental disorder, I find it very insulting. Nothing is impossible. I've suffered through a lot to do things I thought I couldn't, and people saying "Oh, I have ADHD, I can't beat Jad..." just so they can be able to get a staff of light and sell it for rediculous amounts of virtual money really offends me.

Having an illness is a challenge you're going to have to fight. I fought mine, and when people think they can get past theirs by complaining and whining until someone else fixes something for them, especially in a videogame, it really irks me.

Theres some mental disorders that effect reaction speed and no matter how much you "fight" them you wont react quickly, making prayer switching for Jad impossible. Thus making Jad impossible.

Equally if yuo have a bad internet connection and lag all the time it is impossible.

if you have a bad internet connection or bad reflexes for whatever reason, many things in online computer games are not possible. is that a reason to compromise all content which relies on such things as reflexes and decent internet connections?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runescape and Jagex have always had a commitment to being open and playable to all.

In the entire game there the fight caves and fire cape is the ONLY example where it is 100% impossible to do with reaction issues and bad connection.

There are other areas that may be trickier, but not outright impossible. Therefore I think its a perfectly justified compromise

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Cba reading the whole thread, but is this a decent way to train hunter or does the exp still suck?

Personally I think theres a good possibility, but I would wait a week for the hype to die down. I was there for a good hour and a half and theres just way to much competition for the magpie+. And thats if people ever leave, since the zombie imps look like pretty decent profit.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

They would of been up roar if they are decent xp (which I assume they are) as what they drop doesnt magically affect peoples internet connections and illnesses that can delay reaction times. Thus making fire cape truely impossible for some players

Bull****. This is a videogame. It should require some amount of skill. I'm pretty offended that people are saying they have a mental illness just so they won't have to deal with something in the game. As someone who has a mental disorder, I find it very insulting. Nothing is impossible. I've suffered through a lot to do things I thought I couldn't, and people saying "Oh, I have ADHD, I can't beat Jad..." just so they can be able to get a staff of light and sell it for rediculous amounts of virtual money really offends me.

Having an illness is a challenge you're going to have to fight. I fought mine, and when people think they can get past theirs by complaining and whining until someone else fixes something for them, especially in a videogame, it really irks me.

Theres some mental disorders that effect reaction speed and no matter how much you "fight" them you wont react quickly, making prayer switching for Jad impossible. Thus making Jad impossible.

Equally if yuo have a bad internet connection and lag all the time it is impossible.

if you have a bad internet connection or bad reflexes for whatever reason, many things in online computer games are not possible. is that a reason to compromise all content which relies on such things as reflexes and decent internet connections?

actualy its very possible without the "physical ability" to prayer switch

im a strong believer in the saying "brute force, if its not working your not using enough"

with ss + turmoil + venge + d claws you can kill jad without any skill whatsoever, just rush him and even tho its not 100% if you attempt this 3-5 times one of the times ull drop him in about 10 seconds

a_final_name.png

im a strong believer in the saying "brute force, if its not working your not using enough"

with ss + turmoil + venge + d claws you can kill jad without any skill whatsoever, just rush him and even tho its not 100% if you attempt this 3-5 times one of the times ull drop him in about 10 seconds

What part of your brain makes you think tht someone with a reaction delaying illness that stops them pray switching is going to be able to hop between 2 weapons, a spell AND a prayer to drop jad before an attack hits them?

That requires quicker reaction speed than prayer switching.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What part of your brain makes you think tht someone with a reaction delaying illness that stops them pray switching is going to be able to hop between 2 weapons, a spell AND a prayer to drop jad before an attack hits them?

you hit the prayer if jads behind italy

you cast venge

you wield calws

you hit spec

you click attack

you have up to 4 hours to complete those steps

im sure its not that hard, what you just said was a load of things i did no say so please read then say

also i say "physical ability" with the greatest sarcasm

a_final_name.png

People with reaction delay illness is rare and shouldn't stop jagex putting content requiring skill into the game unless Jagex wants this game to be viewed as a little kids game forever.

Paw, you are full of "social justice" bull ****. It isn't Jagex's job to make the game fitting for people with mental illnesses.

If you can't get fire cape, you don't kill ices. Simple as that. It isn't MY job to lose out because others have a disability. I didn't train str with a dragon scimmy because others couldn't afford a SS so I wouldn't use one. EG: I can get it, you can't, that isn't my fault.

And I *love* how all these people being such whiny bastards are like level 73 slayer, 69, etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Here i was thinking this was a thread about the new implings, i wouldn't mind as much if you posted a few loot drops from the imps for the front page aswell :P

Shall we take this to the other threads please? We already have 2 threads dedicated to this, we don't need another infected one...

Orc.png

RuneScape was working fine before the update, now I can't get on at all. I get this error message, which I've never had before:

Please read the following text to understand why you are seeing this page

You are seeing this page because we could not load RuneScape on your computer. There are a couple of easy steps you can take to try and immediately resolve this:

Create a new directory called c:\rscache or /rscache. If possible, set that directory to have full read and write permissions, so that all users can write to it. RuneScape should then detect that directory and use it for its files.

Login to your computer as an 'administrator' user and then try loading RuneScape again. This should give RuneScape sufficient access to update itself.

Upgrade to a newer version of Java by going to www.java.com and downloading and installing the latest version.

If you are unable to complete any of the above, then you may continue to play the game in 'unsigned' mode.

Loading and running the game 'unsigned' like this takes much longer, as it must re-download all the content every time you play; you will also be unable to use RuneScape's high detail graphics mode or use the in-game world switcher without reloading the game.

To work around this, you may use this page to manually select a world and then load the game. Please be aware that loading the game from this page will always load the unsigned game, so you should only use this page if you really have no other option.

For further help, please read this article, which can be found in the Customer Support section of our website.

I get that stupid message loads. -_- Just keep trying, you'll get on eventually.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I heard they made the Staff of Light rarer since you get less strykewyrm tasks now.

Way to go.... They just farced up the entire market because of how items are used as bargaining chips to buy the new items now.

Hopefully there will be a new update tomorrow that I can actually enjoy. =\

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I'd like to try this update but I'm grounded from computer for not bringing home a paper from school WTF?

If you're grounded from the computer, how are you... OH GOD NO!

LOGICAL FLAW ALERT! SOUND ALL ALARMS!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I heard they made the Staff of Light rarer since you get less strykewyrm tasks now.

Way to go.... They just farced up the entire market because of how items are used as bargaining chips to buy the new items now.

lolwut. There will be more staffs now that Duradel has a rare chance of assigning ice wyrms.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

lolwut. There will be more staffs now that Duradel has a rare chance of assigning ice wyrms.

Ahh. My friend that told me about it must have misunderstood it. Kuradel and Duradel are very similar, I suppose.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.