3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, RS has changed a lot since I last played. I have around 150m and a santa one one character, is this enough to worm into merchanting? Also, can someone explain what these spirit shields are? Thanks!

tlpsplat2wv6.png

If anyone cares, easters, disk, and pumpkins are getting dumped within the next week....it's been long overdue...they are going to be the worst junk ever. Usless, expensive pieces of garbage. Also, same thing goes with elysians and divines.

Market on RS sucks, any high priced item is [cabbage]ty to have....you only want it when it's unbuyable and when you're losing 15m+ a week in drops you don't want it anymore. And once you finally sell it, it's getting bought again. All I can say to everyone, learn to GE merchant (manipulate) I'm not even kidding about how easy it is to make money. People are richer than ever, and too many people on RS now have more money than possible to even spend.

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

Market on RS sucks, any high priced item is [cabbage] to have....you only want it when it's unbuyable and when you're losing 15m+ a week in drops you don't want it anymore. And once you finally sell it, it's getting bought again.

Yes, way too many idiots buy when things are up and sell when they're down, which is what makes the price manipulators so successful. Jagex has given us all the tools we need to avoid this. It's simple. Buy on the dips, and sell on the escalations. This intelligent approach requires a little patience, which is why most kids can't do it. I have more than a dozen santas that I'm holding. I'm buying more. I might just hold them for four more months. In the end, I'll be ahead. Don't be a panic buyer or seller -- that plays into the manipulators' hands.

punitivedsig.png

Market on RS sucks, any high priced item is [cabbage] to have....you only want it when it's unbuyable and when you're losing 15m+ a week in drops you don't want it anymore. And once you finally sell it, it's getting bought again.

Yes, way too many idiots buy when things are up and sell when they're down, which is what makes the price manipulators so successful. Jagex has given us all the tools we need to avoid this. It's simple. Buy on the dips, and sell on the escalations. This intelligent approach requires a little patience, which is why most kids can't do it. I have more than a dozen santas that I'm holding. I'm buying more. I might just hold them for four more months. In the end, I'll be ahead. Don't be a panic buyer or seller -- that plays into the manipulators' hands.

Thing is, not everyone wants to merchant their items. Some people like to keep things and it's disheartining to lose a ton of money like that.

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

Thing is, not everyone wants to merchant their items. Some people like to keep things and it's disheartining to lose a ton of money like that.

Lol, if you keep your items, then you don't lose anything -- you still have the item. If, on the other hand, you're worried about net worth, then sell when things go up and buy back when they go down.

punitivedsig.png

Lol, if you keep your items, then you don't lose anything -- you still have the item. If, on the other hand, you're worried about net worth, then sell when things go up and buy back when they go down.

More than considering net worth, some consider the amount they lost in relation to other items.

Consider if the Armadyl Godsword fell the maximum it could in one day - you'd be out a whole set of Dharok's and maybe more.

Personally I think that you should be able to freeze an item's value at what you bought it at. You don't profit or lose money and it ensures a sense of security.

2dgucz6.png

Personally I think that you should be able to freeze an item's value at what you bought it at. You don't profit or lose money and it ensures a sense of security.

Should JaGex really be holding player's hands even more? There would be no risk in buying items when they first come out and allows people to buy any item without thinking of the consequences.

awesomeaa9.png

I didn't want to make a new topic for this but is the recent fast increase of rune c'bows caused by merchant clans or increased demand due to pvp or both?
That is because of merchant clans. Goldmerch, I believe. My friend has about 100 of them. They want to get them to 25-30k.
Etecoon.png

I didn't want to make a new topic for this but is the recent fast increase of rune c'bows caused by merchant clans or increased demand due to pvp or both?
That is because of merchant clans. Goldmerch, I believe. My friend has about 100 of them. They want to get them to 25-30k.

Meaning they might hit 20k. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Meaning they might hit 20k. :lol:

Thanks, I'll be dumping the 130 I got from irons then.

awesomeaa9.png

Should JaGex really be holding player's hands even more? There would be no risk in buying items when they first come out and allows people to buy any item without thinking of the consequences.

Firstly, I said that, not Punitive D.

Secondly, when we have manipulation clans, yes, the average player could use more help.

There is lesser risk, but you don't seem to see that the player also won't get the benefit of a price rising.

The consequences in question shouldn't exist in the first place, apart from the natural price fluctuations which are greatly covered up by manipulation now.

2dgucz6.png

More than considering net worth, some consider the amount they lost in relation to other items.

Consider if the Armadyl Godsword fell the maximum it could in one day - you'd be out a whole set of Dharok's and maybe more.

I don't know why kids have such a hard time understanding this -- if you don't sell it, you don't lose ANYTHING. Seriously, if you're wringing your hands over price fluctuations on items, you're too newby to buy that item.

punitivedsig.png

Firstly, I said that, not Punitive D.

Secondly, when we have manipulation clans, yes, the average player could use more help.

There is lesser risk, but you don't seem to see that the player also won't get the benefit of a price rising.

The consequences in question shouldn't exist in the first place, apart from the natural price fluctuations which are greatly covered up by manipulation now.

This is why kids aren't supposed to be allowed to play.

punitivedsig.png

Do you read or try to understand something before you go to try to insult somebody?

I explained everything clearly. I will reiterate some points however:

-- if you don't sell it, you don't lose ANYTHING.

If you don't sell it, you lose everything you could have bought with the money you lost.

That is not to say that I condone panic selling.

We shouldn't have to fear what others are doing. Sure, you have an item now, you like the item now, but what if you want other items later?

Once again, you lose out when you consider other items relevant to the value you hold now. Really what you're suggesting is that one should never buy an item if they don't want to chance an automatic and potentially huge loss of money. That, and, you must personally consider buying any item a permanent loss of that item's value, which I don't understand in the slightest. If that were the case then why would we not just buy items from stores and have no player-to-player trading and no way of redeeming value for our items? GP is a value by which everything else is measured.

If there were no groups of people manipulating items, there wouldn't be any need for a safeguard such as I am suggesting. There needs to be natural price fluctuation, but not at the scale of what happens thanks to people purposefully controlling them.

You would never lose as much as you can now in one day before the Grand Exchange was introduced. You would always be able to sell something eventually if you put enough effort into it, exactly because of what I am saying: you could not lose an unnaturally high amount due to other players, which also meant that people would not be as skeptical about buying things because they might lose money.

These things worked in a cycle, and I'm sure that you've been around long enough to know exactly what I mean.

I don't understand why you don't understand.

Please do give me a personalized response rather than copy and paste insults.

2dgucz6.png

Gava, the point of it all is, that the prices fluctuate this much because people do panic sell. If everyone that owned an AGS were a ''deserving owner'' they wouln't even look the other way when the price goes down a bit- and thus control the fluctuation. If everyone bought their items for the price they think is right to buy the item, there would be no need to panic sell. The success of a merchants labour always comes down to this: How much dead/stupid money is out there? And with the ease that the GE provides, there is always alot. If you are too afraid to lose money on an item you buy, then you can never be a deserving owner of the item.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Really what you're suggesting is that one should never buy an item if they don't want to chance an automatic and potentially huge loss of money. That, and, you must personally consider buying any item a permanent loss of that item's value, which I don't understand in the slightest. . . . You would never lose as much as you can now in one day before the Grand Exchange was introduced. You would always be able to sell something eventually if you put enough effort into it, exactly because of what I am saying: you could not lose an unnaturally high amount due to other players, which also meant that people would not be as skeptical about buying things because they might lose money.

Only rares go up in the long run. Everything else goes down. If you buy something, you should assume that it will go down. I paid 2m for my first set of d legs (the going rate at the time). Now they're less than 1m. That's the way it works -- as more and more of an item comes into the game, the price goes down. So you should never buy anything (except a rare) unless you are willing to take a loss on it. It is true that before the GE you were able to avoid this inevitability by exploiting the fact that there was no efficient market and taking advantage of someone, but that's not possible anymore. You're right that manipulators drive prices up and down, but that's just a matter of time. A little patience allows you to buy on the dips and sell on the peaks, as I've explained repeatedly. That's why I say that this game can be very hard on kids -- many of them don't have the patience to avoid getting screwed.

punitivedsig.png

Gava, the point of it all is, that the prices fluctuate this much because people do panic sell. If everyone that owned an AGS were a ''deserving owner'' they wouln't even look the other way when the price goes down a bit- and thus control the fluctuation. If everyone bought their items for the price they think is right to buy the item, there would be no need to panic sell. The success of a merchants labour always comes down to this: How much dead/stupid money is out there? And with the ease that the GE provides, there is always alot. If you are too afraid to lose money on an item you buy, then you can never be a deserving owner of the item.

Sorry for the double post, but very well said.

punitivedsig.png

Looks like Santas are leveling off, sold 1 at max this morning, 18 a few hundred above medium 5 minutes ago and 2 more are waiting to sell. Will they crash in the coming days? Yea probably. Tomorrow it'll probably rise 300k and then take a plunge. Don't take my word for it though, I'm just basing it on the past couple [bleep]es santas had over the past half year.

qx3rci.png

Wish I had dumped this morning -.- would have made 20m more.

awesomeaa9.png

Looks like Santas are leveling off, sold 1 at max this morning, 18 a few hundred above medium 5 minutes ago and 2 more are waiting to sell. Will they crash in the coming days? Yea probably. . . . Wish I had dumped this morning -.- would have made 20m more.

I'm still buying since I'm not planning to sell for a few more months. I see santas as the least risky investment in the long run. Partyhats have had an insane run. Masks are at an all-time high. I expect a very nice [bleep]e in the santa once people start dumping their masks after halloween. So if there's a dip as you predict, I'll be buying on the dip.

punitivedsig.png