3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I have offer in for the sigil right now, and I know they are going to crash, that really doesn't bother me. It's something I want and I have the money for it, so why not? And I've been saying they are going to crash for over a month now and they still haven't....

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have offer in for the sigil right now, and I know they are going to crash, that really doesn't bother me. It's something I want and I have the money for it, so why not? And I've been saying they are going to crash for over a month now and they still haven't....

Use the RuneScript bot (in IRC) to try to gauge when the next GE update will be (usually they are around every 27 or so hours), then put in a new offer if it changes. Because sigils are rare/hard to get and because the price is so high, many CB teams use CS now, so if you're fortunate then you'll get one like that.

td2sig.jpg

Question: Which items are going to crash first, non-wearables (disks, pumpkins, eggs) or partyhats?

dumped my santas for 25m ea. didn't regret it.

now i'm camping at the ge, waiting to get my hands on a partyhat...

3a crashed, I bought ranger set for min on GE.

Also might because my offer was in for a week.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Can someone explain how to camp at the GE for updates and make the first offers on the item?

There's an irc bot that tells you when the ge updates, i'm assuming you use this in conjuction with a skill you train at a bank. Not sure what the bot is i just use a tried and tested method of my own.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

how dpicks doing atm?

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

how dpicks doing atm?

On the forums atm there are some offers in the 8-12M range and some in the 25-40M range so it's kinda hard to judge. Also, alot of hand cannon and ammo offers which I can't really judge for value. One person seems to be offering 2 BGS's though.

Edit: On a thread someone said the high alch value is 2M can someone with a D Pick confirm or deny this? ;) I'm sure there are ways without actually highalching.

Edit: On a thread someone said the high alch value is 2M can someone with a D Pick confirm or deny this? ;) I'm sure there are ways without actually highalching.

You can value at a general store, and then multiply by...1.5? Well you could...not sure how the update affected prices.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

You can value at a general store, and then multiply by...1.5? Well you could...not sure how the update affected prices.

well godswords alch for 750k right? somehow i think they would be worth MORE then the dragon pick :P

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Can someone explain how to camp at the GE for updates and make the first offers on the item?

There's an irc bot that tells you when the ge updates, i'm assuming you use this in conjuction with a skill you train at a bank. Not sure what the bot is i just use a tried and tested method of my own.

I wrote myself a program that the instant a GE update is detected (And it can catch it within the second of a GE update), it plays loud music through my speakers and opens a RuneScape window for if I'm not at my PC. I also wrote one that will just notify me within 3 seconds if I'm in game.

09144a99bb.png

I wrote myself a program that the instant a GE update is detected (And it can catch it within the second of a GE update), it plays loud music through my speakers and opens a RuneScape window for if I'm not at my PC. I also wrote one that will just notify me within 3 seconds if I'm in game.

that actually works?

And now I know why I can never buy anything :cry:

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

Partyhats have been selling for cash on the forums.. if that means anything.

They're always sold with crashing junk for cash but it happens more frequently after a massive dump by a price manipulation clan. So it realy doesn't mean much, because the merchants sucked them up ASAP if they had the GP.

As for the ge update thing; there are many around the internet that you can get that make a sound to when it updates. Not realy hard to find you just have to know where to look.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Partyhats have been selling for cash on the forums.. if that means anything.

They're always sold with crashing junk for cash but it happens more frequently after a massive dump by a price manipulation clan. So it realy doesn't mean much, because the merchants sucked them up ASAP if they had the GP.

As for the ge update thing; there are many around the internet that you can get that make a sound to when it updates. Not realy hard to find you just have to know where to look.

umm, is there a guide that can help you with this? i'm an ameteur when it comes to these things >.>

also, i got an offer put on max for a yellow phat in like 3-15 secs. :)

Is arcane crashing or what? It went up around 10m or something after the magic update, but hasn't done anything since. I'm seeing all kinds of low offers on rsof for arcanes, but not seeing many low sellers.

If it does crash, it probably won't be by much, right? I want to buy one for some motivation to train magic, but I don't want to lose 20m on it.

boeing2os2.png

Arcane is pretty stable atm, it sells/buys below mid, but not enough sell/buy for it to drop.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

that actually works?

It works very well actually... Except when I forget to turn it off at night when I go to sleep. Lol. I'm usually 100% guaranteed to get whatever it is that I'm monitoring. :).

09144a99bb.png

[hide=]

that actually works?

It works very well actually... Except when I forget to turn it off at night when I go to sleep. Lol. I'm usually 100% guaranteed to get whatever it is that I'm monitoring. :).

[/hide]

Damned... I wish that I could make such programs.... :x

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

I have been saving to buy a blue phat for some time now. I mainly go off of ge prices as I don't play anymore and just buy/sell rares when I can. I have a white phat, green mask, and 2x red masks. I figured I wouldn't have a problem getting a hat with white/masks going up faster than blue.

Yet, just going through the forums I am confused with the whole junk trading culture. Haven't played much since GE came out, so can only tell me accurate prices? The RS forums seem to be full of price manipulators and some saying blue phat is worth 600-700m with junk?

Do I have a shot at a blue phat?

thanks

I have been saving to buy a blue phat for some time now. I mainly go off of ge prices as I don't play anymore and just buy/sell rares when I can. I have a white phat, green mask, and 2x red masks. I figured I wouldn't have a problem getting a hat with white/masks going up faster than blue.

Yet, just going through the forums I am confused with the whole junk trading culture. Haven't played much since GE came out, so can only tell me accurate prices? The RS forums seem to be full of price manipulators and some saying blue phat is worth 600-700m with junk?

Do I have a shot at a blue phat?

thanks

Blue phat=2 white phats. White phat is about 380m. So no.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.