3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I never really got the point to rares...

They're basically just a status item, and are practically useless. You could have spent something, like, a 99 in a buyable with that money.

He still can -- maybe that's the point? Cash is losing value while rares are gaining value.

Well, that is only if the player is bored and has a lot of spare money.

Personally, I've played for about a year (give or take a few) and still haven't reached the 1M mark. :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I've played for about a year (give or take a few) and still haven't reached the 1M mark. :(

The first million's the hardest. I got mine from a treasure trail. But if you put your money to work (don't keep it in cash or other crashing assets) and keep playing, eventually the millions roll in. Btw, at your level, you could make 1M fairly easily by killing green drags. But if you'd rather make more money in the long run (and still enjoy the game), I have one word for you: "slayer."

punitivedsig.png

I have stats alot lower then yours and it only took me 3 days to make my 1st mill by killing chaos druids.

lol. :lol:

phats are still doing great. although the short gap between lower and higher phats doesn't look good. i smell a DIP.

I never really got the point to rares...

They're basically just a status item, and are practically useless. You could have spent something, like, a 99 in a buyable with that money.

He still can -- maybe that's the point? Cash is losing value while rares are gaining value.

not to mention that level 99s get more common and loses its status while rares can only gain more status to achieve.

The first million's the hardest. I got mine from a treasure trail. But if you put your money to work (don't keep it in cash or other crashing assets) and keep playing, eventually the millions roll in. Btw, at your level, you could make 1M fairly easily by killing green drags. But if you'd rather make more money in the long run (and still enjoy the game), I have one word for you: "slayer."

I'm F2P so it's even harder than P2P. No green drags, chaos druids, or slayer.

I'll probably make my first million from Runite mining.

OT: Disks will probably rise again.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I really dont care about any of those although i wouldnt mind if the price on blue phats rised even more, if it doesnt i might just sell it.

I always thought owning rares brought bad luck with it as each time i had a rare ( i owned them all and didnt sold a single one of them ) i got my account stolen but then i just realised how easy i was to fool... After i lost my red phat i havent had my acc stolen ever again, thats about 4 years ago now.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

You mean disks dropped???

Disks are still rising like mad.

Btw, abyssal_whip, they are not 170-200M, they are actually 22.8M as of now.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

^^ Grand Exchange Price isn't the same as what people value them at. 170-200 is the value that people expect to pay for one by using Junk items to boost up their trade worth. It's quite ingenious/stupid.

Oh, I see what you mean.

People should just follow GE prices though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

^^ Grand Exchange Price isn't the same as what people value them at. 170-200 is the value that people expect to pay for one by using Junk items to boost up their trade worth. It's quite ingenious/stupid.

Oh, I see what you mean.

Should but don't. Seeing as how the price is so low, no one wants to sell them so that the GE system can catch up and increase the price.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Oh, I see what you mean.

Should but don't. Seeing as how the price is so low, no one wants to sell them so that the GE system can catch up and increase the price.

Ah, no wonder.

The prices shall creep higher and higher. I bet it will reach the 100M mark in several months or so.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Oh, I see what you mean.

Ah, no wonder.

The prices shall creep higher and higher. I bet it will reach the 100M mark in several months or so.

First off, you will need to understand the basics of street price vs GE price. The street price tends to stay the same or drop while the GE price for that item will rise slowly to the point where no one other than merchants really cares for that item. Public demand is the demand that regular person has for an item for the purpose of making a quick buck or having a rare item to own. This demand keeps the prices rising and the merchants happy. When the GE reachs a price where it becomes too expensive for the regular people to even think about owning it the item will crash. Without public demand the only demand is that of merchants, which won't hold integrity. Further more, making prediction of when or if an item will become a certain GE price shouldn't be done without inside knowledge of certain major merchant clans such as the private one RS2merch. Remember that when I say merchant clan I mean the people with skill that flip items or buy when public demand rises to make money and don't try to buyout an item to create false demand and hurt players; those people are price manipulators and have no skill.

If you wish to start getting involved here I suggest you take a look at many of the previous pages to get an understanding of the rare/3rd age/ and spirit shield markets.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I should really get back into the habit of checking the RSOF to see if items are crashing before i buy them...

Just bought a DFS on g/e for min...

What's the influence on the new PVP for items like this - surely they are more of a rare drop now, meaning prices rise?

Obviously my logic is wrong.

Anyone shed some light on this? And give me some advice on selling/keeping etc...

Thanks.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

What's the influence on the new PVP for items like this - surely they are more of a rare drop now, meaning prices rise?

Obviously my logic is wrong.

Anyone shed some light on this? And give me some advice on selling/keeping etc...

Thanks.

Everyone and their momma's in a panic to sell their items because they think the new update abolished inflation. However, this most likely won't last long.

The new system still hasn't killed off inflation, because of all things cash still flows with each kill. This hasn't done a single thing about how money is coming out of nowhere, and to be honest it really hasn't changed the frequency of cash coming in. You can still 76k, but you now need 3 people instead of 2.

Stellactic.gif

So what does everyone think will happen to price after a few days? Will the panic settle and continue the rising prices since there still is inflation?

Obviously people will realize that this update has barely done anything to curb the inflation from tricking, the real question is how long will it take for people to realize this and how much am I going to lose in that time...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

There are a few ways this could go

1) This could cause mass dumping and no buying thus driving the prices super low (relative to prices over the last few weeks, 'low' is more like 'normal' in the long run). The people who managed to sell off their items will hold their cash because of fear of losing it.

2) Panic sellers dump mass amounts of items right into the hands of hoarders who just stick the items into thier banks to rot and eventually pop back up. With these people buying, the initial drop will be sharp as all the items are likely being sold at min. But as soon as the panicing ceases players will see the graph leveling off and all rush to buy back their items. The hoarders then wait will the price is 10-15% over what they paid for them, dump and cause the 'main' crash.

3)It causes a 2-3 day crash then all the gp that is already in the game just keeps inflation going. Remember, this update does not stop mass amounts of GP entering the game, it just makes it minimaly harder for people to 76k, so at most it slows it down.

Or, I could be way off and thus I will be hunted down by RSW44 and Bedman and made an example of. :ohnoes:

PS -> I was mass flipping yews. Turns out they are being sold for minimum! YAY, so I can`t take advantage of the crash because my money is already tied up in falling logs!

i think 76k is gone for good. theres very little chance you can gain a decent profit (not as good as before) and now that everyone has the knowledge of jagex against 76king, i don't think they're done yet.

i think 76k is gone for good. theres very little chance you can gain a decent profit (not as good as before) and now that everyone has the knowledge of jagex against 76king, i don't think they're done yet.

Sure, the rule abiding citizens now know Jagex doesn't like it and will likely stop but what about the free publicity this gave 76k'ing to noobs who love nothing more then ill-gotten GP?

I was thinking (and hoping) that Jagex might have slipped another nerf in with this one then passed the effects off as the new anti-76k system. As much as I love Jagex telling the players how drop systems etc work, there will always be players who chose to use that information to benefiet them *cough* manipulation clans *cough*.

I think that Jagex should stop telling us about all of the ins and outs of systems like the GE and PKing and just say "Today we changed how PVP rewards are calculated. This will help real PKers and stop 76k'ing scum". Because, just by posting that you can't kill the same person over and over they gave the 76k'ers the answer to how to abuse the system.

Ok, enough off topic. Can someone say what the current market prices are for rares?

Sure, the rule abiding citizens now know Jagex doesn't like it and will likely stop but what about the free publicity this gave 76k'ing to noobs who love nothing more then ill-gotten GP?

I was thinking (and hoping) that Jagex might have slipped another nerf in with this one then passed the effects off as the new anti-76k system. As much as I love Jagex telling the players how drop systems etc work, there will always be players who chose to use that information to benefiet them *cough* manipulation clans *cough*.

I think that Jagex should stop telling us about all of the ins and outs of systems like the GE and PKing and just say "Today we changed how PVP rewards are calculated. This will help real PKers and stop 76k'ing scum". Because, just by posting that you can't kill the same person over and over they gave the 76k'ers the answer to how to abuse the system.

Ok, enough off topic. Can someone say what the current market prices are for rares?

Santas+Masks=unsellable. I bought 5 red masks and 3 santa hats, 4 of the red masks for 38m, and the santas for around current med price, and now I am playing the waiting game. :mrgreen:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Do the staggered prices updates for 3rd age and such apply for price decreases as well?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20