12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

I disagree. You see, Dungeoneering is rather fun in my opinion. Even if it's not like other skills, it still requires skill. I do see where you're coming from, but your lack proper evidence to support your theory.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capped F2P experience for only high-levels, if Jagex wishes to cap exp they should do it to ALL F2P, not just the high-levels.

Capped f2p experience: lower level f2pers are already capped by their inability to kill things quickly. Though I agree, increasing p2p exp was the way to go.

We gained our levels so that we could kill things faster and get exp faster, and it took quite a bit of time. Penalizing our exp from being able to do what we have levels for in the first place, is ridiculous. Plus, I highly doubt that our increased killing speed really makes us finish dungeons at least twice as fast as people with under 90 combat.

Either reduce exp on non-member servers as whole, or increase members exp.

I think a reduced XP for F2P players is necessary, but the 'fix' to the XP issue is flawed. The monster level cap system seems too low in the first place, as a F2P level 123 player my solo bosses are really easy to defeat, unless the difficulty is increasing as I unlock deeper levels. The main problem though, is how Jagex chose a point level (level 90) to add a XP cap of 50% reduction, instead of a proportional XP reduction for all F2P players at the same floor and prestige level. From what I read, this means that you're best having a combat level below 90 when training dungeoneering, and you might even get faster XP than a F2P player with high combat level.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I disagree. You see, Dungeoneering is rather fun in my opinion. Even if it's not like other skills, it still requires skill. I do see where you're coming from, but your lack proper evidence to support your theory.

Well I gotta agree with him on one point, the rewards just seem a bit high-end. But Jagex will probably fix that somehow :)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I think my biggest gripe at this point is that soloing is far too easy (so far).

I have myself a gorgonite warhammer and I just run around with no armor, killing everything. Then I get to the boss, use some coins to buy welfare armor, fish up some fish, and finish the whole dungeon in like 15-20 minutes. I think there should be more motivation to actually take your time and gather resources and stuff.

Im not sure if this is due to my high combat level or 28 dungeoneering maybe.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I think my biggest gripe at this point is that soloing is far too easy (so far).

I have myself a gorgonite warhammer and I just run around with no armor, killing everything. Then I get to the boss, use some coins to buy welfare armor, fish up some fish, and finish the whole dungeon in like 15-20 minutes. I think there should be more motivation to actually take your time and gather resources and stuff.

Im not sure if this is due to my high combat level or 28 dungeoneering maybe.

both possibly

jagex recently upped the combat levels of the bosses

I think they're fine as they are.

there's nothing wrong with owning a boss if you're able to dodge all their special attacks afterall.

if you're having too easy a time, then stop fishing up fish and making welfare armor

those things take time and cut into your dungeoneering time ALOT

I don't fish or make armor anymore, and now the bosses are a reasonable challenge.

the shadow gazer for example, halves your stats.

I failed to dodge his special attack JUST ONCE and it was a death sentence, since I didn't have a stat restore potion on me.

it's like Jad.

Jad can be easy if you know how to prevent all his attacks

same goes for the bosses

if you can evade all their special attacks then by all means, it was probably meant to be easy for you.

Naaxi.png

Actually, although the Knowledge Base says you need 3-5 players to play a Large Dungeon, you actually need 4 players to START a large dungeon. Once it's been started, if the amount of players falls below two, you actually get a message saying that there are too few players to continue so the dungeon will end in a few minutes. When I experienced this, it said 14 minutes, but once one of the two players who left returned, the game didn't end.

So my understanding is,

One player - Can start a small dungeon.

Two players - Can start a small or medium dungeon.

Three players - Can start a small or medium dungeon.

Four players - Can start a small, medium, or large dungeon.

Five players - Can start a small, medium, or large dungeon.

Once the dungeon is started, small and medium dungeons can be continued by any amount of players. Large dungeons can only be continued by three or more players.

However, I've noticed a lot of inconsistency in Dungeoneering so this is probably inaccurate - someone probably has very different experiences with this game. Has anyone ever had trouble tele-ing out of the boss room? For some reason, during one specific boss fight, it told me I could not teleport from that room (either Home Teleport or Gatestone Teleport gave me the same message, both before and during the fight). My friend who was playing with me at the time had the same problem. However, this was the only time I ever saw this message. I thought it was a glitch at first, but then that same friend experienced it again fairly recently? Of course, he also has Dory-syndrome and doesn't remember the first time. >.<

I am 39th lvl so I can do up to floor 20. How can I reset my prestige at 20 ? (Since the last floor I will do is 20, and after that I will not be able to do 21 .. so I guess it will force me to repeat 20 again)

leave the dungeon, go down the slide, open your party interface and press "reset".

4e0Vn.png

I am 39th lvl so I can do up to floor 20. How can I reset my prestige at 20 ? (Since the last floor I will do is 20, and after that I will not be able to do 21 .. so I guess it will force me to repeat 20 again)

leave the dungeon, go down the slide, open your party interface and press "reset".

Don't I have to finish the floor to count as +1 prestige, and to finish it I need to go down the boss stairs .. and if I do it the next dungeon starts ...

Don't I have to finish the floor to count as +1 prestige, and to finish it I need to go down the boss stairs .. and if I do it the next dungeon starts ...

Finish floor 20 and then do it.

Let me rephrase it, when I kill the boss, which ladder should I use ? The boss one or the start area one ?

The boss. Otherwise everything you did on that floor is worthless.

Let me rephrase it, when I kill the boss, which ladder should I use ? The boss one or the start area one ?

You should use the boss one.

Also, can someone help me with the prestege? Mine says prestege 3 but its always at 0...(btw floor 3 is the maximium floor ive done)

This tends to nerf whatever exp i manage to get....which is fustrating and explains why im only on floor 3. So how do I get the higher prestege pts?

Bayonnetta.png

Bayonnetta.png

Drops; 1x Draconic Visage, 2x Black Mask, 1x Zamorak Kitesheild, 1x Amulet of Strength(t), 5x Zamorak Book Pages

Also, can someone help me with the prestege? Mine says prestege 3 but its always at 0...(btw floor 3 is the maximium floor ive done)

This tends to nerf whatever exp i manage to get....which is fustrating and explains why im only on floor 3. So how do I get the higher prestege pts?

Your prestige is the number of floors you completed WITHOUT repeating any. In other words, your prestige is 0 because you repeated a floor.

In order to fix that, use your ring of kinship to reset your progress and start at floor 1. Every time you reach the maximum floor available to you, press the reset button again.

Your prestige is the number of floors you completed WITHOUT repeating any. In other words, your prestige is 0 because you repeated a floor.

In order to fix that, use your ring of kinship to reset your progress and start at floor 1. Every time you reach the maximum floor available to you, press the reset button again.

right...ill try that ty.

I thought that the number after prestige was the floor you were on

I cant get an image onto this post >.> but if you look at it is says eg prestige 3 and underneith the number is, for me, always 0...

Will that still be fixed by reseting?

Bayonnetta.png

Bayonnetta.png

Drops; 1x Draconic Visage, 2x Black Mask, 1x Zamorak Kitesheild, 1x Amulet of Strength(t), 5x Zamorak Book Pages

right...ill try that ty.

I thought that the number after prestige was the floor you were on

I cant get an image onto this post >.> but if you look at it is says eg prestige 3 and underneith the number is, for me, always 0...

Will that still be fixed by reseting?

I know it is, because your prestige is 3 (having completed 3 floors), but no exp is given for that prestige because it isn't the first time you completed that floor.

I wonder why Jagex decided to omit spears and mauls from the kb...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Actually, although the Knowledge Base says you need 3-5 players to play a Large Dungeon, you actually need 4 players to START a large dungeon. Once it's been started, if the amount of players falls below two, you actually get a message saying that there are too few players to continue so the dungeon will end in a few minutes. When I experienced this, it said 14 minutes, but once one of the two players who left returned, the game didn't end.

So my understanding is,

One player - Can start a small dungeon.

Two players - Can start a small or medium dungeon.

Three players - Can start a small or medium dungeon.

Four players - Can start a small, medium, or large dungeon.

Five players - Can start a small, medium, or large dungeon.

Once the dungeon is started, small and medium dungeons can be continued by any amount of players. Large dungeons can only be continued by three or more players.

However, I've noticed a lot of inconsistency in Dungeoneering so this is probably inaccurate - someone probably has very different experiences with this game. Has anyone ever had trouble tele-ing out of the boss room? For some reason, during one specific boss fight, it told me I could not teleport from that room (either Home Teleport or Gatestone Teleport gave me the same message, both before and during the fight). My friend who was playing with me at the time had the same problem. However, this was the only time I ever saw this message. I thought it was a glitch at first, but then that same friend experienced it again fairly recently? Of course, he also has Dory-syndrome and doesn't remember the first time. >.<

If it was the icefiend boss I've had that happen too, and I believe the reason for it is so you can't gatestone out while it does it's icicle dropping special and re-enter when the special was over.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19