12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Not sure if anyone care but since the dungeon is meant to be 60 times bigger than falador,

[hide]untitled-17.png[/hide]

That is falador copied and pasted 63 times. So that is around the size of the Dungeoneering dungeon?

Now that is big.

Jesus Christ, can't you just admit that you're wrong? :rolleyes:

Cause I'm not wrong.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidence of how slow and how poorly accepted this thing is can be seen clearly in the hiscores list: a full week after release and fewer than 7,000 people even have 100k XP in it.

4 years after the release of Construction and there are only about 6000 people who are even halfway to 99.

(and that skill is fast)

It is clear to me that construction is also poorly accepted and is a fail skill.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Evidence of how slow and how poorly accepted this thing is can be seen clearly in the hiscores list: a full week after release and fewer than 7,000 people even have 100k XP in it.

4 years after the release of Construction and there are only about 6000 people who are even halfway to 99.

(and that skill is fast)

It is clear to me that construction is also poorly accepted and is a fail skill.

Or that it is an expensive skill and people would prefer to spend their money on other things?

Cause I'm not wrong.

(and that skill is fast)

:( Don't say that.

Are spears better than b axes? I have a gorg b axe ( B ) but will smith a spear if necessary

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

(and that skill is fast)

Or that it is an expensive skill and people would prefer to spend their money on other things?

Point being, Qeltar's post (the last line) assumes too much.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

(and that skill is fast)

Id have more exp if I didnt have exams all last week and most of this week.

Not everyone can play RS effectivly every day of the week.

Not to mention the fact that the top 7k players having 100k exp is not really something too terrible. Its not like we are gonna come back after 2 weeks and these same people will have 200k exp. The way the skill works, the top 7k are probably gonna be around 500k next week and a few million the week after.

Btw, how many dungeons can you guys finish in 1h soloing ? Because my max is 2 ... and considering that every is saying their xp/h is something like 20k/h I think I'm doing it wrong lol

I can get 2 on average, 3 if I try pretty hard.

The people reporting 20k/h are a higher level than you, and are getting 7-10k per dungeon.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Not sure if anyone care but since the dungeon is meant to be 60 times bigger than falador,

[hide]untitled-17.png[/hide]

That is falador copied and pasted 63 times. So that is around the size of the Dungeoneering dungeon?

Now that is big.

Well, I think Jagex is "kind of" fibbing on this. However, if you take an 8x8 dungeon (the large size dungeons), and multiply that by 7x5 (35 as that's the number of floors) you get a 56x40 room Dungeon. Obviously, that's a huge layout for a team of five guys starting from floor 1 to floor 35 to travel through. It may even be bigger than 60 Faladors.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Has anyone gotten a primal spear yet? What bosses can drop them?

I don't think there is one.

At least I didn't find it on the list weapons on the KB.

If there then any of the bosses can drop it.

I like my primal rapier.

If I can get a a golden precision bracelet then I would be all set to 100.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

(and that skill is fast)

I agree, it *is* a poor skill. It is stupidly tedious to train, very expensive, and has basically no useful function for most players once they build a gilded altar.

Of course it was intended for a specific purpose, which was to be a money sink and place for rich players to "show off". I don't think that's a particularly good model to aim for in subsequent skills.

Try comparing it to Hunter or Summoning (now that the latter has been fixed, following a two month informal beta test.) Even there the comparison isn't perfect of course.

But this is a completely free skill and I do believe it is not very popular because it is slow, confusing, poorly explained and very poor when it comes to rewards. I probably have 15 hours in this skill so far and NO rewards to show for it. Very dumb design.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Has anyone gotten a primal spear yet? What bosses can drop them?

I don't think there is one.

At least I didn't find it on the list weapons on the KB.

If there then any of the bosses can drop it.

I like my primal rapier.

If I can get a a golden precision bracelet then I would be all set to 100.

Isn't that kind of weird: you're only lv 50, and upto 120 you won't get anything really "new"..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I agree, it *is* a poor skill. It is stupidly tedious to train, very expensive, and has basically no useful function for most players once they build a gilded altar.

Of course it was intended for a specific purpose, which was to be a money sink and place for rich players to "show off". I don't think that's a particularly good model to aim for in subsequent skills.

Try comparing it to Hunter or Summoning (now that the latter has been fixed, following a two month informal beta test.) Even there the comparison isn't perfect of course.

But this is a completely free skill and I do believe it is not very popular because it is slow, confusing, poorly explained and very poor when it comes to rewards. I probably have 15 hours in this skill so far and NO rewards to show for it. Very dumb design.

You have rewards. You are now able to do higher floors. Higher floors get you better exp and better exp means faster progress towards items that you can obtain and use.

Myweponsgood.gif

You have rewards. You are now able to do higher floors. Higher floors get you better exp and better exp means faster progress towards items that you can obtain and use.

And we can just assume that the mismatch between the reward level and token cost, along with the little bugs and glitches here and there would eventually be be fixed. After which I think it's pretty enjoyable if we can just ignore the issue of whether this is a skill or minigame and how the rewards system makes it even more of a minigame than a skill. Kudos to Jagex though, for their attempt to create some lore on the instanced scenario and zero interaction of items in and out of the dungeon.

I will continue to rant and rant about the rewards system, because honestly, there's no way any lore can be used to explain it. You trade tokens for rewards instead of getting them off monsters and chests. You trade for all kinds of untradeable rewards, and have nothing to contribute to the market after utilising all the skills in the game. I'd like to see where the first level 120 player can trade his 10.7mil tokens for.

But the best part being, you do a pretty easy quest for chivalry and piety, but for the range and magic equivalent you work your [wagon] off in a dungeon for hours?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Im getting sick of all the member doors in a F2P world. Around 3/5 dungeons in F2P got member doors in it -(Thieving, construction). (Maybe because it knows im P2P)

I had to make stuff for a guy in the dungeon, puzzle thingy. I had to fletch arrows... IN A F2P world... ' You must be on a members world to do that'

recci-518.png

I tried to make a strong defence potion last night, it's supposed to be lvl 75 herblore but I kept getting a message saying lvl 85 herblore was required to make it. Has anyone else gotten this?

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

I tried to make a strong defence potion last night, it's supposed to be lvl 75 herblore but I kept getting a message saying lvl 85 herblore was required to make it. Has anyone else gotten this?

Whats worse is that I am 84 herb, and potted up to 92 herb trying to make the super poison (level 87)

Then I try to combine it and get "This requires an herblore level or 87 or higher" and I'm looking at my stat menu and it says 87...

Myweponsgood.gif

Im getting sick of all the member doors in a F2P world. Around 3/5 dungeons in F2P got member doors in it -(Thieving, construction). (Maybe because it knows im P2P)

I had to make stuff for a guy in the dungeon, puzzle thingy. I had to fletch arrows... IN A F2P world... ' You must be on a members world to do that'

That is one of the things that I'm not liking right now, but also the fact that I can get Megatryx (or other things that shouldn't be in f2p) leather (or whatever the one for lvl 80 leather armour) on F2P and I can make the items, but once they are made, they are "member's items." It just confuses me when I can get the items, and have the option to make it into armour, but the armour comes out as a member item.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

That is one of the things that I'm not liking right now, but also the fact that I can get Megatryx (or other things that shouldn't be in f2p) leather (or whatever the one for lvl 80 leather armour) on F2P and I can make the items, but once they are made, they are "member's items." It just confuses me when I can get the items, and have the option to make it into armour, but the armour comes out as a member item.

~Dan

Can you still get the experience for making it?

Cause I'm not wrong.

Oh, I don't know. Having a parking place for pet familiars is a nice perk, and it maxes out way past gildeds.

Dung is the best diversion in the game, and I get some degree of enjoyment out of it. However, placing Dung as a skill is a poor idea. They could have put it on the bottom section of the hiscores page & still promoted Runescape: Dungeons of Dæmonheim just as effectively.

The developers went to such great lengths to separate everything from the main game - completely new items are created that cannot leave the dungeon, nor can old items be taken in. It's like Runescape in a petri dish. The only thing you can take out is your XP in the real skills, and even that is nerfed when expedient.

And we are supposed to accept this as a skill on par with what we have already?

Dung will always be a "skill" in my book - with all the skepticism that the quotation marks imply.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The developers went to such great lengths to separate everything from the main game - completely new items are created that cannot leave the dungeon, nor can old items be taken in. It's like Runescape in a petri dish. The only thing you can take out is your XP in the real skills...

...And 20 brand new items that are usable in the rest of runescape.

Myweponsgood.gif

The developers went to such great lengths to separate everything from the main game - completely new items are created that cannot leave the dungeon, nor can old items be taken in. It's like Runescape in a petri dish. The only thing you can take out is your XP in the real skills...

...And 20 brand new items that are usable in the rest of runescape.

... at a recurring cost. It's like rent-to-own, except you are never owning and always renting.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours