12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you did floor 17 before you had the level to access floor 18, you have to do 17 again to unlock 18.

Yes, it's idiotic, but the list of design elements in this "skill" meeting that description is very long.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I don't get why people are getting the bonecrusher. It will not give that much prayer exp. I would rather get the poison totem thing for dks instead, or even the arcane stream necklace are better options.

I don't get why people are getting the bonecrusher. It will not give that much prayer exp. I would rather get the poison totem thing for dks instead, or even the arcane stream necklace are better options.

Free prayer exp at the cost of 1 inventory spot? Or more efficient pray exp on slayer tasks at the cost of 1 inventory space? I'd take it.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

If you did floor 17 before you had the level to access floor 18, you have to do 17 again to unlock 18.

Yes, it's idiotic, but the list of design elements in this "skill" meeting that description is very long.

List them for me. I'm sure half of your "long list" is your unreasonable arguments that you cannot defend.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

oYour giving up 3-4 hours worth of dung exp for it, and it is not that useful. The only slayer task that drops big bones are fire giants, and a lot do not drop bones at all. If your task is a dragon or a wyvern then you bank the bones. If we also the average slayer monster drops 5 exp in bones and has 1200 lp, then by getting 99 slayer which means maxed combat from lvl 1, it saves 550k prayer exp, about 11m and two hours of work. From a profit of 2.2m an hour, which is easy at 99 melees, that saves 7 hours in total. Exp rates of 35k exp per hour means it takes 30 hours to get it. 100k tokens saves 3 hours of training. So over 99 slayer you save 4 hours. Jagex needs to fix the rewards.

Thanks for stepping on me after stabbing me in the back. -.-

Nice pun.

I'm currently Rank 3000ish with approximately 140k exp, and with relatively horrid skills (104 combat, most skills around the 50s-60s range). You don't really need super stats to level; you merely need to be well-armed (which your level 99 smithing and mining friends can help you with) and general knowledge of monsters to exploit their weaknesses. Which generally involve crush. Seriously, after about 50 different types of monsters found, I think about five of them aren't weak to crush.

List them for me. I'm sure half of your "long list" is your unreasonable arguments that you cannot defend.

^

This

Also, To Qeltar, i made a nice argument on why this IS a skill not a mini game, since you seem to be strongly against calling this a skill can you read that it if you get the chance

Dont worry, he will only respond with anecdotal exaggerations.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Anyone know why this is happening?

I have 37 Dg, which should get me up to floor 19... but neither 18 or 19 shows up for me to complete...

why.png

Did you lamp/buy the exp?

You can't use lamps/ToG/etc on this skill yet.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I have 37 Dg, which should get me up to floor 19... but neither 18 or 19 shows up for me to complete...

why.png

When you trade in tokens for exp, the graphic representation is a lamp.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Has anyone gotten a primal spear yet? What bosses can drop them?

I don't think there is one.

At least I didn't find it on the list weapons on the KB.

If there then any of the bosses can drop it.

I like my primal rapier.

If I can get a a golden precision bracelet then I would be all set to 100.

Isn't that kind of weird: you're only lv 50, and upto 120 you won't get anything really "new"..

Well you bind more which means you can pick up more primal stuff or those other odd goodies.

The skill is alot like slayer.

Does your slayer level help you beat slayer monsters or any old monster faster? No.

Your slayer level simply restricts your selection of monsters that you can fight.

Slayer also presents a unique skill where items were introduced much like dungeoneering.

Unlike dungeoneering, slayer items are tradeable though.

This is the unique difference and probably the source of much crying and pouting from people around here.

Personally, I think its great, by not allowing the weapons to be hoarded up by nonplayers who collect gp like it means something (hint: RWT).

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

why.png

When you trade in tokens for exp, the graphic representation is a lamp.

Well, I understood it to mean the usual genie lamp from the random events. Hence, my response.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

To use the totem, you are giving up an equiptment slot for 1-3 inventory slots that would otherwise hold super-antipoisons. I think if it's necklace, you're giving up glory/fury... if it's shield, you're giving up zammy book.

And bonecrusher may just be valid for training prayer in f2p

^

This

Also, To Qeltar, i made a nice argument on why this IS a skill not a mini game, since you seem to be strongly against calling this a skill can you read that it if you get the chance

Dont worry, he will only respond with anecdotal exaggerations.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I don't think this should be a skill, but I don't have a choice. SO why not debate why it shouldn't/should be, since the point of a debate is to change the outcome on something. And since the outcome cannot be changed, lets just debate how to improve it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

oYour giving up 3-4 hours worth of dung exp for it, and it is not that useful. The only slayer task that drops big bones are fire giants, and a lot do not drop bones at all. If your task is a dragon or a wyvern then you bank the bones. If we also the average slayer monster drops 5 exp in bones and has 1200 lp, then by getting 99 slayer which means maxed combat from lvl 1, it saves 550k prayer exp, about 11m and two hours of work. From a profit of 2.2m an hour, which is easy at 99 melees, that saves 7 hours in total. Exp rates of 35k exp per hour means it takes 30 hours to get it. 100k tokens saves 3 hours of training. So over 99 slayer you save 4 hours. Jagex needs to fix the rewards.

You have forgotten to mention fully cannon-able tasks - Dagannoths and Bloodvelds being prime examples. Also, I could see someone cannoning Hill Giants with it.

Allow me to throw in the "fun factor"; If you find Dungeoneering fun, you are probably fine with the rewards and see them only as a secondary bonus.

^ I do agree however that the cost is too high at the moment, for pretty much all of the rewards.

Slightly related note:

15% from the Staff of Light + 15% from the Arcane Stream Necklace + (7 x 3%?) 21% from a Wolpertinger familiar = +51% bonus to magic damage?

Neat... :D

2dgucz6.png

ever since i saw this picture on zybez

I've been scrambling to assemble a 4-5 man team...

apparently as of now 4-5 man teams are by far the best xp/rate

I ran into a bunch of lvl 70-75 dungeoneerers in a 5 man team claiming to be earning over 40k xp/hour <_<

ugh... *drool*

68g3sx.png

Naaxi.png

When I first tried this skill out I was hesitant. I barely thought one could call it a skill at all, with the fact that dungeoneering is absolutely useless outside its own little area, which is totally unlike how any other skill works.

But now.... I think it is the best skill in the game. Reasons why:

• Addictive gameplay - There's always that satisfying feeling after killing a level 96 warrior when it drops a argonite platebody or when you get a gorgonite maul from a boss. Collecting items and binding them keeps you going with the game- always seeking better items so you can kill things faster and get faster experience.
  • Exciting gameplay - The dungeons are never boring due to the fact that every dungeon is randomly generated each time you play. You never know what will be on the other side of a door, and you never know what boss you're up against til near the end.
  • Rewards - The rewards are simply amazing. Of course they take quite a few tokens to buy- but I think this is a good thing because it encourages people to train the skill more.
  • The bosses - Honestly these are some of the funnest bosses I've ever fought in runescape. The fact that you have to adapt to each one and use different tactics to defeat them is great. I also like that they aren't pushovers- oftentimes I find myself with 2 or 3 items of food left in my inventory after a grueling boss fight.
  • The revivial of lost items/classes - I LOVE the fact that meleers, rangers, and mages are all equally powerful in the dungeons. Its great to know that rushing in with five melee tanks against a lvl 500 mage boss simply doesn't work (like it would work aboveground). Because certain bosses have certain weaknesses, all three classes of the combat triangle are needed. Also- I'm so glad the runes aren't expensive- it means maging doesn't cost an arm and a leg like it does on the surface.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

It's ironic that the bone crusher probably won't be allowed into the dungeon where monsters drop bones.

On an unrelated note what boss in f2p drops an air staff again?

I got my pure to lvl 50 (I've mastered reset now) and want to bind the air staff.

Do a few low complexity levels... actually, just start them then duck back out a bunch. You should be getting a random staff... I've seen catalytic, fire, and water doing that. But why air? Seems runecrafting is easy enough, and you could grab a damage staff instead... unless... making sure you have airblast the first moment you come in?

make sure you find a team that halfway knows what it was doing. When I tried a 4 man, they suicidelemming rushed the boss for -50% exp.

Even when you're prepared, those level 515 bosses are still going to wump your [wagon].

Question time for all of you Level 50 Dungeoneers out there (and even those without it can still provide their imput); what do you think is the combination of bound items that is the most effective? I've seen these so far: Longsword-Maul/2h, Dagger/Rapier-2h, Rapier/Spear-Bow, Weapon-Platebody, Weapon-Staff, and Battleaxe-Warhammer; all used effectively by their users.

I personally run the Weapon, a two-hander to be more precise, and Platebody combination, both Tier 9. The platebody provides more than 190 defense in Stab and similiar stats in others, which is enough alone to block most damage from the normal creatures and even the weaker boss attacks with good use of Protect from magic. The 2h is slow, but provides very reliable and accurate hits against even some of the higher leveled forgotten warriors, in addition to having a powerful Crush attack essential in these dungeons. I'm curious to see what you all use.

Question time for all of you Level 50 Dungeoneers out there (and even those without it can still provide their imput); what do you think is the combination of bound items that is the most effective? I've seen these so far: Longsword-Maul/2h, Dagger/Rapier-2h, Rapier/Spear-Bow, Weapon-Platebody, Weapon-Staff, and Battleaxe-Warhammer; all used effectively by their users.

I personally run the Weapon, a two-hander to be more precise, and Platebody combination, both Tier 9. The platebody provides more than 190 defense in Stab and similiar stats in others, which is enough alone to block most damage from the normal creatures and even the weaker boss attacks with good use of Protect from magic. The 2h is slow, but provides very reliable and accurate hits against even some of the higher leveled forgotten warriors, in addition to having a powerful Crush attack essential in these dungeons. I'm curious to see what you all use.

I'm not 50 yet, but I would prefer spear/platebody. Spear is great because it can use all styles, and spears just have really good stats in general down there. I have seen some of the top players however using primal kiteshield with rapier/longsword/warhammer, since no one has really seen a primal spear, and the primal kiteshield seems to not be too rare.

To people above somewhere: Mage damage boosts do not stack additively like that.

make sure you find a team that halfway knows what it was doing. When I tried a 4 man, they suicidelemming rushed the boss for -50% exp.

Even when you're prepared, those level 515 bosses are still going to wump your [wagon].

platebody and spear

My friend's received a primal rapier and dagger, and she's destroyed both of them in favor of a promethium spear.

So I'll take her word for it on the spear.

As for the platebody, it just saves you sooo much time making armor later on.

Hell I tackle all solo and most duo bosses with just a plaetbody now.

the fact that it saves you the trouble of making armor is just priceless.

Good armor early on as well, also priceless.

Naaxi.png