12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

I don't see tops of any kind on that list, not even chainbodies, and also not spears or 2hs...

How are we supposed to get them, then?

not all the bosses have been released yet.

dungeoneering batch 2 is coming, until then, primal spears/platebodies do not exist in game.

(well unless those primal wielding forgotten warriors can actually drop them, i have my doubts)

Naaxi.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we usually split out into sections and set gatestone to significant areas but a nicer map would be nice ;)

Skill and key icons would be nice, but I think it should only appear on the guided mode. So, you can choose to sacrifice a bit of EXP for a more convenient map.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

we usually split out into sections and set gatestone to significant areas but a nicer map would be nice ;)

Skill and key icons would be nice, but I think it should only appear on the guided mode. So, you can choose to sacrifice a bit of EXP for a more convenient map.

There shouldn't be experience loss for giving players something they can get in third party program. All it needs is a quick legend telling what are the resources (just like it marks the boss and where other players are at) in addition what type of lock is on the door. This is something very simple to program (right click, add room, right click, add key, right click, add resources, right click, add boss, etc.)

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

There shouldn't be experience loss for giving players something they can get in third party program. All it needs is a quick legend telling what are the resources (just like it marks the boss and where other players are at) in addition what type of lock is on the door. This is something very simple to program (right click, add room, right click, add key, right click, add resources, right click, add boss, etc.)

The whole point of the guided mode is to provide convenience at the cost of slight XP loss. Obviously something that makes your trip go much faster and easier goes here. It's not a matter of how easy it is to create such a legend.

So you either use the guided mode for convenience, or learn to spread your team out and communicate. If you're soloing, use the orb of oculus.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I just found out, you can get journal drops from regular enemies as well! I just got part 1 of the Marmaros & Thok journal from an ice elemental drop.

Oh and for some reason, burnt short-finned eels are the only items that disappear after dropping them on the ground.

And the Guide Mode penalty has a glitch. It will ALWAYS give the 6% penalty on complexity 1-4, regardless of whether you turned it on or not.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

There's tons of bugs and glitches right now. If you level and gain access to say, floor 10, but the leveling didn't place at floor 9, you can't access floor 10 unless you go and re-do floor 9. I got a fight with a boss that required level 36 Dungeoneering even though I'm level 35.

Zepheras.png

-F1775

I just found out, you can get journal drops from regular enemies as well! I just got part 1 of the Marmaros & Thok journal from an ice elemental drop.

Oh and for some reason, burnt short-finned eels are the only items that disappear after dropping them on the ground.

And the Guide Mode penalty has a glitch. It will ALWAYS give the 6% penalty on complexity 1-4, regardless of whether you turned it on or not.

Also, if you craft runes, and have a full inventory they drop on the ground (actually like normally would) - except those are seen as "normal runes", meaning they disappear after some time, and the other person can't see them!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The whole point of the guided mode is to provide convenience at the cost of slight XP loss. Obviously something that makes your trip go much faster and easier goes here. It's not a matter of how easy it is to create such a legend.

So you either use the guided mode for convenience, or learn to spread your team out and communicate. If you're soloing, use the orb of oculus.

No, guided mode is giving you info that you haven't found out on your own yet, mainly the straight path to the boss. Now that saves time and is something a third party program cannot do. Being penalized for using something that you could use outside of the Runescape program is silly and only encourages use of a 3rd party program. The map is just a quick reference of what you already found. Including extra info is not a bad thing and certainly not worth an XP penalty..

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

There's tons of bugs and glitches right now. If you level and gain access to say, floor 10, but the leveling didn't place at floor 9, you can't access floor 10 unless you go and re-do floor 9. I got a fight with a boss that required level 36 Dungeoneering even though I'm level 35.

The first is due to the fact the you only unlock a new floor if two conditions apply:

You have the level neccessary to access the next floor.

You have just completed the floor above the new floor.

The second I believe is because how Jagex intended to release the new skill. Even some Jagex mods say that to unlock a floor requires: D'eering Level = Floor x2, however it is actually (Floor x2) -1 [as floor 1 would have required lvl 2] as you can see the bosses are leaked a level too early, because they unlock at a certain floor rather than level. Probably a typo.

1yrb49.jpg

The first is due to the fact the you only unlock a new floor if two conditions apply:

You have the level neccessary to access the next floor.

You have just completed the floor above the new floor.

The second I believe is because how Jagex intended to release the new skill. Even some Jagex mods say that to unlock a floor requires: D'eering Level = Floor x2, however it is actually (Floor x2) -1 [as floor 1 would have required lvl 2] as you can see the bosses are leaked a level too early, because they unlock at a certain floor rather than level. Probably a typo.

The first is more of a glitch, rather than meticulous conditions designed by Jagex. I've had issues when inviting players to a party, and I couldn't invite them even though they have the levels for the floor I set. Moreover, the moment you leveled the in-game message already mentioned that you have gained access to so-and-so floor, so I don't see why there's a need to force player to complete the floor above it (if they leveled somewhere else) just to do the new floor.

Wikia has a bunch of pictures showing graphical glitches. I wonder how long will it take Jagex to fix all the bugs. By the way, were all leaked dungeoneer items removed from the players' accounts?

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Actually, about the boss thing, if you will complete the dungeon with enough exp for the next Dungeoneering level, you will fight the boss 1 level earlier.

Confused? Thought so. Here's an example:

You are level 5 Dungeoneering, and have 100 exp left till next level. However, once you complete the dungeon you will be 6 Dungeoneering, the requirement to kill luminiscent icefiend.

Because completing this dungeon will grant you the requirement, the monster will appear at level 5 dungeoneering.

However, if it's something like 5000 exp away from the next level, it won't come because it's not enough exp to the next level once you complete the dungeon.

Sigh, no other way I can explain this...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Among the many glaring flaws with this minigame/skill is double-counting of XP modifiers. You get a 'bonus' for doing extra rooms, but if you don't do them you lose not just that bonus but your base XP gets slaughtered. Guide mode is completely useless because if you only do the minimum you get horrible XP.

Evidence of how slow and how poorly accepted this thing is can be seen clearly in the hiscores list: a full week after release and fewer than 7,000 people even have 100k XP in it.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Among the many glaring flaws with this minigame/skill is double-counting of XP modifiers. You get a 'bonus' for doing extra rooms, but if you don't do them you lose not just that bonus but your base XP gets slaughtered. Guide mode is completely useless because if you only do the minimum you get horrible XP.

Evidence of how slow and how poorly accepted this thing is can be seen clearly in the hiscores list: a full week after release and fewer than 7,000 people even have 100k XP in it.

When clearing the dungeon, chances are you can't really tell if a room is a bonus room or a main room without using the guide mode. The only certain way to define a bonus room is if it's a skill-based room where no one has the right level to clear it. So the right thing to do would be to explore the whole dungeon as much as possible, which the EXP calculation system encourages.

However, I've always thought that bonus rooms are the ones that are generated regardless of your team's skill levels, while main rooms are the ones that have skill requirements that someone in the team definitely has the right level to clear. Even you don't clear all the bonus rooms, you can't get a negative modifier since the bonus room % bar is always positive or zero? I also thought that Base XP is dependant on the floor level and not the number of rooms explored.

Guide mode is silly for the penalty it gives. If you're using it, you get a -6% modifier for telling you the main paths. The only reason to use it is if you're rushing through the floor, but every floor I did I want to get the most XP out of it to unlock the next floor.

I'm not so worried about the slow XP actually. It's the endgame skill, and requires mastery in other skills to get the best XP rate out of it. 7000 people with 100k seems normal to me.

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Isn't that evidence to how slow the skill levels?

Out of interest, one week after the release of Summoning, Hunter, Construction, Farming and Slayer what were the number of people with greater than 100k XP? If they were all greater than 7000 then I could accept your theory as valid. I thought that you were a family guy over 30, and you're using poor arguments like this? Where's the Qeltar of old that developed a following with well thought out treatise of various Runescape knowledge.

nukemarine.png

However, I've always thought that bonus rooms are the ones that are generated regardless of your team's skill levels, while main rooms are the ones that have skill requirements that someone in the team definitely has the right level to clear. Even you don't clear all the bonus rooms, you can't get a negative modifier since the bonus room % bar is always positive or zero? I also thought that Base XP is dependant on the floor level and not the number of rooms explored.

21at21.png

1at21.png

Bonus rooms does effect prestige exp...

greenmelf.png

Actually, about the boss thing, if you will complete the dungeon with enough exp for the next Dungeoneering level, you will fight the boss 1 level earlier.

Confused? Thought so. Here's an example:

You are level 5 Dungeoneering, and have 100 exp left till next level. However, once you complete the dungeon you will be 6 Dungeoneering, the requirement to kill luminiscent icefiend.

Because completing this dungeon will grant you the requirement, the monster will appear at level 5 dungeoneering.

However, if it's something like 5000 exp away from the next level, it won't come because it's not enough exp to the next level once you complete the dungeon.

Sigh, no other way I can explain this...

In my experience I just gained a level. Next dungeon gave me a boss that was one level higher than my dung level. However I needed to do a further 2 dungeons to gain that level requirement. Plus I maxed out the points.

The only possibly reason for this is I was doing solo and it considered multiple people experience.. Or otherwise it just sometimes bugs and assigns bosses one level higher.

I never had a boss any more than one level lower than the requirement though.

I was a bit confused why I was fighting something I didnt have the requirement for lol. Didnt realise at the time because I was too busy killing it but afterwards I checked the guide. (As I usually check bosses when I level up to them.) And realised I didnt know it because I shouldnt of been fighting it.

Isn't that evidence to how slow the skill levels?

Out of interest, one week after the release of Summoning, Hunter, Construction, Farming and Slayer what were the number of people with greater than 100k XP? If they were all greater than 7000 then I could accept your theory as valid. I thought that you were a family guy over 30, and you're using poor arguments like this? Where's the Qeltar of old that developed a following with well thought out treatise of various Runescape knowledge.

It can be evidence for the supposed poor popularity if you look at the 7000, or slow XP if you look at the 100k. But like I mentioned, not everyone has all-rounded decently high skill levels to get the most out of each floor.

@greenmelf,

I'm ok with bonus rooms affecting the base prestige/room XP. Gets people to train up their skills, and stop people from finding the easy way out to rush through every floor for fast XP. Imagine that presitge and floor XP isn't affected by bonus rooms, and you can be assured of 'Fast Dung XP' clans forming to grind XP. If you can complete floor A + B in the time I complete floor B, for a mere loss of 13% bonus per level with no effect on floor and prestige XP, would you do that?

Zepheras.png

-F1775

I spend 20 minutes in a dungeon, I spend 10 minutes killing Stomp because he kept healing and making rocks fall from the roof so it was impossible for me to stop him from healing.

I kill him, click the leave dungeon button and whoopdedoo, whitescreen. I Log in and try to re-enter the dungeon, oh whats that, DO I WANT TO PARTY WITH MYSELF?

Thanks for stepping on me after stabbing me in the back. -.-

@greenmelf,

I'm ok with bonus rooms affecting the base prestige/room XP. Gets people to train up their skills, and stop people from finding the easy way out to rush through every floor for fast XP. Imagine that presitge and floor XP isn't affected by bonus rooms, and you can be assured of 'Fast Dung XP' clans forming to grind XP. If you can complete floor A + B in the time I complete floor B, for a mere loss of 13% bonus per level with no effect on floor and prestige XP, would you do that?

I forgot to mention that in that picture, it was one door I wasn't able to open it had a 105 craft requirement on a f2p server; not even possible and I got about 50% exp reduction for it.

greenmelf.png

@greenmelf,

I forgot to mention that in that picture, it was one door I wasn't able to open it had a 105 craft requirement on a f2p server; not even possible and I got about 50% exp reduction for it.

Hmm, that's bad. I wish that all the members element gets removed on F2P as well. If it's say, 85 crafting and I don't have it, that's penalising me for my lack of training. But 103 strength, thieving.....

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Is that the only bonus room door? Because you should be getting AT THE VERY LEAST 4% bonus if you at least explored all the other rooms.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

The rooms need icons so you know where to fish, mine, pray, etc.

Apart from that I find it quite enjoyable. Slow exp though, only at lvl 13 now.

Skill area icons on the minimap would be a very, very welcome change.

Amen, brother. I keep playing the Glacialis levels for precisely that reason - the resources really stand out from all the blue background. They tend to blend in too much with those muted earth tones in the later levels.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Is that the only bonus room door? Because you should be getting AT THE VERY LEAST 4% bonus if you at least explored all the other rooms.

It was needed to open all the other bonus rooms.

greenmelf.png

Pretty hard to tell since we don't know how the dungeons are randomly generated. Personally I had occasions of one room that's impossible to clear, for which I'll get I think....+8% instead of the full +13%. Maybe that one bonus room leads to more bonus rooms?

Zepheras.png

-F1775

It was needed to open all the other bonus rooms.

=/

I'm going to say, if you encounter a members' door OR a 100+ skill requirement door when you enter the dungeon, just forget about exploring and do a different dungeon.

(Though, I still got 8% bonus rooms bonus in one of my dungeons with 100 Crafting door... and little penalty.)

Oh and btw, killing every monster helps with the level mod bonus only, not the bonus room bonus. To get full bonus room bonus you just have to enter each room, it seems.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog