12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Something I noticed- you can only have dungeoneering objective as a member- Jagex thinks it's members only skill- yay!

Its been said to be a bug I believe.... sure its not fixed now?

Yeah, I tried the demo mode for hearing the sounds and I had to place a objective to go on but it didn't let me.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Range is also difficult to use, not because you can't bind stuff (you can bind a bow + body), but because of the stupidity of the average scaper.. Everybody seems too dumb to place traps to catch the -matix monsters..

I always get a chuckle out of those dinocows getting their heads chopped off. But it was days before I figured out to trap them instead of kill them.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Wow I drank a magic potion and it boosted my Magic by 25 levels. That's a 75% damage boost! Stack it with a 30% damage boost staff, and you'll have a 105% damage boost!

I'm confused about prestige. As of now I'm level 38 in Dungeoneering so I have one more level to go until I can enter the next floor. What I am doing right now is clearing floor 19 over and over (and resetting after every completed floor) until I've advanced a level. Am I doing it the right way?

mage pots don't boost your damage in the dungeon (or at least not as much as they should). I had my 30% boost staff + super magic pot and didn't hit anything out of the ordinary

I think you're right. I just finished a floor with a friend. We both fire surged ourselves through the floors (which went insanely fast) and I was wielding an empowered fire staff and had drank a strong magic potion, yet I didn't hit over 358. I'm guessing the damage boosts are capped at 25-30% combined or something.

A question to everyone: in most screenshots being posted so I only see that everyone is meleeing in the dungeon. But why? Magic is extremely accurate there if you're casting fire surge and it's a lot faster than meleeing everything. Although some of the bosses have an insane magic defence, such as Stomp.

I was using my super-poisoned tier-10 spear until I got the lvl 99 staff drop. I bound the staff... biggest mistake ever, considering I can't rc bloods and mage is AWFUL solo'ing... very inaccurate against several monsters and most monsters take a lot of time to safespot since the AI is smarter. Plus, metal armor is easier to get and offers more advantages than robes.

77yLQy8.png

Plus F2P can't use traps in the first place. -.-

Safespotting's only convenient for larger monsters who can't fit through small places, and setting up corners without failing because half the time they figure out how to get around anyway.

And half of the monsters can range anyway....

8f14270694.jpg

Now I am a bit curious as to who is Mod Chris L's Runescape character. Previously maxed?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I was using my super-poisoned tier-10 spear until I got the lvl 99 staff drop. I bound the staff... biggest mistake ever, considering I can't rc bloods and mage is AWFUL solo'ing... very inaccurate against several monsters and most monsters take a lot of time to safespot since the AI is smarter. Plus, metal armor is easier to get and offers more advantages than robes.

What kind of stuff you find ENTIRELY depends on the average level of your dungeoneering party:

-If you have high combat levels, you get high level monsters

-if you have lots of mining lvls, you get many rocks (and especially rocks around your mining level)

-if you have lots of wc lvls, you get many trees (and especially high level)

-if you have lots of farming levels, you get a lot of pickable plants.

-if you have lots of hunting levels you get a lot of those -matix monsters

-if you have lots of fishing levels you get a lot of (high level) fishing spots.

So if you like to mage, you better make sure you have high farming levels..

Also notice that having high combat is actually BAD, best would be to have either even stats (for soloing), or being a skiller.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

So is it monster level that determines what kind of fish drops the most often?

And yeah, there have been a lot of farming boxes hanging around....

They should make skill hotspots a bit more obvious though, when you play in high detail the poor interior lighting tends to make everything blend together.

Though I guess that means I should go low detail.

8f14270694.jpg

Damn you, I've been trying to get that staff forever. It's just not working out...

Magic isn't so helpful for small dungeons, but in larger dungeons, particularly with big groups, I've found it invaluable. Making the runes isn't a big deal - you're going to make a significant amount of runes anyways for Gatestone spells and possibly High Alchemy, Cure Me, and Cure Group. As long as you have 65 RC and use magic conservatively, simply binding 125 Blood Runes should last you. The easiest way to get these runes, I've found, is simply playing Complexity 1 with a bunch of friends that have high magic levels. Have them give you the runes, bind them, then leave. Magic is much, much faster at killing high level Forgotten Warriors and Brutes.

I've already got a Primal Maul binded, I'd like to make my second bind a Celestial Catalytic Staff but I just can't find it. :(

Also, gear isn't an issue. Just clearing a medium / large dungeon usually results in several pieces of Spiritbloom, Ecto, and Soulbell from the Forgotten Mages. You can purchase additional Soulbell / Ectograss to finish up your set after (if you don't have boatloads of cash by the end of the dungeon, you're probably doing something wrong.)

Damn you, I've been trying to get that staff forever. It's just not working out...

Magic isn't so helpful for small dungeons, but in larger dungeons, particularly with big groups, I've found it invaluable. Making the runes isn't a big deal - you're going to make a significant amount of runes anyways for Gatestone spells and possibly High Alchemy, Cure Me, and Cure Group. As long as you have 65 RC and use magic conservatively, simply binding 125 Blood Runes should last you. The easiest way to get these runes, I've found, is simply playing Complexity 1 with a bunch of friends that have high magic levels. Have them give you the runes, bind them, then leave. Magic is much, much faster at killing high level Forgotten Warriors and Brutes.

I've already got a Primal Maul binded, I'd like to make my second bind a Celestial Catalytic Staff but I just can't find it. :(

Also, gear isn't an issue. Just clearing a medium / large dungeon usually results in several pieces of Spiritbloom, Ecto, and Soulbell from the Forgotten Mages. You can purchase additional Soulbell / Ectograss to finish up your set after (if you don't have boatloads of cash by the end of the dungeon, you're probably doing something wrong.)

Still you have to make them: slowing you down a lot..

Meleeing with a prome platebody bounded almost nothing can hit me!

Then they came for me

I think that the real answer is that melee armor provides defense against melee AND range, letting you prot magic to prevent most damage.

Range armor really only protects from magic, and mage armor really only protects from magic. The magic monsters do not cast enough snares to make meleeing a bad choice vs. magic users.

Also in my experience, it is hard to kill mages and rangers with magic. It is easy to kill all 3 types of monster with melee.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

And here comes the question. Which is the better option at level 50

a ) To bind a melee weapon + the best platebody you can get.

b ) To bind a melee weapon + alternative class weapon.

I believe a melee weapon + platebody + best arrows..

IF I ever need a secondary attack option (prayer switching 1 comes into mind), I can easily buy just 1 log and swap to that weapon, even the corpse-bow is enough.

You will only use the 2nd style if that style is extremely powerful against that boss/monster anyways. - Thus making the accuracy less needed.

Then they came for me

Still you have to make them: slowing you down a lot..

Meleeing with a prome platebody bounded almost nothing can hit me!

1250 Fire Runes = 42 Crafts

875 Air Runes = 12 Crafts

125 Death Runes = 13 Crafts

That makes 67 crafts, or barely more than a minute. Considering the rest of the team is still moving forwards, delaying that one person's return by a single minute isn't a big deal.

And for those who say you can easily kill anything with melee, magic kills Brutes / Primal Forgotten Warriors much, much faster than melee, both of which are fairly common.

EDIT: I guess I should've mentioned this, I play exclusively with teams, and one of my teammates always uses melee, with another always using range. Usually our 4th and 5th team members use melee too. I've found that one person Fire Surging kills a Primal Forgotten Warrior faster than three people with 90+ melee stats and Promethium mauls can (found this out first hand when we walked into 2 of them at once). Magic is also useful for many boss fights, as Jagex was kind enough to not give them all incredible magic defense.

That makes 67 crafts, or barely more than a minute. Considering the rest of the team is still moving forwards, delaying that one person's return by a single minute isn't a big deal.

-Also take into account the typing, buying runes and clicking through the menus (and if you're with a full team, if someone opens a new door, all the menus are turned off). This makes it for me highly unlikely to do it under a minute or 2-3..

Considering on average a dungeon takes about 10-15 mins to complete: 1 minute is a 10% of the dungeon time, heck best is to simply gather enough food for the boss, open all rooms and then don't kill anything except boss..

Then they came for me

-Also take into account the typing, buying runes and clicking through the menus (and if you're with a full team, if someone opens a new door, all the menus are turned off). This makes it for me highly unlikely to do it under a minute or 2-3..

Considering on average a dungeon takes about 10-15 mins to complete: 1 minute is a 10% of the dungeon time, heck best is to simply gather enough food for the boss, open all rooms and then don't kill anything except boss..

An average dungeon takes 10-15 minutes? You're obviously not playing the largest dungeon size with the most people possible. >.> An average dungeon for us is somewhere between 45 to 75 minutes.

Also, I'm pretty sure I already mentioned this... but every game, we send someone to craft 150+ Airs, Earths, Cosmics, and Laws anyways (and Astrals for poison cure, Deaths for Vengeance) . We clear the full floor, so gate stones are invaluable.

By the way, what's the XP rate for 2:1ing dungeons? As far as I can tell, 40k+ an hour is fairly manageable at 60+ dungeoneering with a team of 5... so if each dungeon takes ~10 minutes including ending time, you'd need to be getting 7k+ per dungeon to match that.

There's no point of course in discussing each other's preferences (and styles that flow out of these things). However 15 minute for small floors means I could do 3 floors while you do 1. Meaning I would get 300% exp, you get 116% xp..

Thus while maximizing profits & xp (sadly there is only 1 "reward" for doing dungeons, and thus only 1 style will be "best" in all cases) small dungeons would be best.. (and in those cases I don't need gatestones, I never ever tele back and forth)..

But of course with dungeoneering you'll haveto play the style you like most, playing for experience/rewards very, very boring.

Then they came for me

4. The base XP is based on what floor you completed, but then adjusted based on how long we expect that particular dungeon to be completed in. If you complete it faster than this, then you'll get faster XP than the dungeon thought you would. If you take longer, then your XP per hour will be slower.

^Interesting point, so time is a factor in the exp?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

4. The base XP is based on what floor you completed, but then adjusted based on how long we expect that particular dungeon to be completed in. If you complete it faster than this, then you'll get faster XP than the dungeon thought you would. If you take longer, then your XP per hour will be slower.

^Interesting point, so time is a factor in the exp?

lol that makes rushing a very good option!

Then they came for me

5. Do you plan on upgrading the in-dungeon map to show information about locked doors and possibly key locations(in case a group ran through and missed one)?

We have no plans to do so at present, as it would make the Dungeon a lot easier and faster if you knew when opening a door at a glance what locked doors and keys were in the next room without having to step inside and brave the room’s monsters and puzzles!

Good try, but I think they were asking about rooms that we've ALREADY ENTERED and might have missed something important in.

#-o

As for rushing, you should at least kill everything in every room to be sure.

I'm kind of disappointed in them for trying to pass off the minigame questions to an unsatisfactory FAQ which also brushes off the question. It's kind of like pointing to a paper that says "I am right".

8f14270694.jpg

5. Do you plan on upgrading the in-dungeon map to show information about locked doors and possibly key locations(in case a group ran through and missed one)?

We have no plans to do so at present, as it would make the Dungeon a lot easier and faster if you knew when opening a door at a glance what locked doors and keys were in the next room without having to step inside and brave the rooms monsters and puzzles!

Good try, but I think they were asking about rooms that we've ALREADY ENTERED and might have missed something important in.

#-o

As for rushing, you should at least kill everything in every room to be sure.

Why killing everything?

Then they came for me

As I expected, most of the questions they answered were pointless drivel that could either be answered by RTFM, playing the skill past level 20, or by having even a little common sense.

The two things I learned from the FAQ were that t11 items can indeed only be earned as boss drops, and most of the t11 items will be released at higher levels in Batch 2, when they release more floors and bosses. This also means that they'll be giving the ability to earn a much higher prestige bonus, allowing for decent exp/h at high levels.

Oh, I also learned that Jagex does intend you to play this minskill in groups instead of solo. I really do not like that. Yes, it is more fun in groups, but I strongly feel that soloers ought to be compensated for both because the bosses later on are so difficult solo and because it's so much less entertaining.

td2sig.jpg

Remove this boss already..

I'm always soloing (level 21 dung now, I'm taking my time) and I'm just plain sick of fighting this waste of a boss.

I'm meeling 100% of the time. Because I bounded a Tier 9 spear. I can kill fastly almost everything, and since this boss weakness is melee, I don't have much of a choice.

He is pointless, stupid, frustrating and time wasting. Really, this boss need's to have either the push ability or the iced-floor removed.

This guy is a Forum Mod, I would expect something better. L2P?

11-1.jpg[

Remove this boss already..

I'm always soloing (level 21 dung now, I'm taking my time) and I'm just plain sick of fighting this waste of a boss.

I'm meeling 100% of the time. Because I bounded a Tier 9 spear. I can kill fastly almost everything, and since this boss weakness is melee, I don't have much of a choice.

He is pointless, stupid, frustrating and time wasting. Really, this boss need's to have either the push ability or the iced-floor removed.

This guy is a Forum Mod, I would expect something better. L2P?

And judging by his lacking grasp of grammar, he's also either still in middle school or English is his second language.

td2sig.jpg