12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

well at level 50 I get like 5-6k/h (2 dungeons ~2.5k per dungeon)

I think the duo-ers get like 10k per hour, but I can't find someone I know to duo with (may be 'cuz I don't know anyone rl who plays :D but it might be another reason)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so pissed at this skill because of the prestige system. It is basically impossible to find teams because people only want to do floors they have not done yet, and the differences in levels between people. There needs to be a clan chat to find teams.

@drakrono: The XP for soloing IS quite a bit lower than it is for going in groups of any other size. When I had prestige 10, I was getting 690 XP for fully clearing a floor alone. When I went with one other person, that jumped to over 1000. Even now, I've noticed it goes up by over 40%, but I can't tell if that's because there's another multiplier tied to it, or if it's just because you can do bigger dungeons. One thing that's certain is that you can only access the small-size dungeons, and Diff 1:1 gives no bonus when soloing. The multipliers for groups, while not huge, DO add a little more.

Rook_Dugal.png

I believe that the release of Shattered Heart shortly before the Dung Mini-Game was no coincidence. Shattered Heart encourages and assists in leveling the 15 non-combat skills. And the further I go in Dunging, the more important high levels in these non-combat skills becomes. I am only level 26 in Dunging, but I am wondering if finishing the high Dung levels will be even possible without relatively high non-combat levels.

Maybe this is why Jagex considers Dung a skill. It is not a skill, but an all-skill. If one wanted to guess at what Jagex considers the future of Runescape to be, drawing from Dunging, my guess is that they are going to place a greater importance in having a balance of all the skills, making leaving behind one or more skill to be an increasingly large detriment.

I think the duo-ers get like 10k per hour, but I can't find someone I know to duo with (may be 'cuz I don't know anyone rl who plays :D but it might be another reason)

Really? I've been told duo-ing is the fastest way to train, but when I play with my teams, 3:3 medium takes a little under an hour and usually yields 11K-14K. A 5:5 large takes a little over an hour, the one time we managed to get a large enough team, we earned 19K.

I've been playing this way since it's more fun and challenging, and thinking the whole time that the rate is lower than for playing 2:1 Small.

Spear or rapier TBH

I go with the spear ... Hell of a good stab and crush attack bonus, decent slash, good speed and hell of a good str bonus. (and you can poison it too .. not that it helps a lot)

Really? I've been told duo-ing is the fastest way to train, but when I play with my teams, 3:3 medium takes a little under an hour and usually yields 11K-14K. A 5:5 large takes a little over an hour, the one time we managed to get a large enough team, we earned 19K.

I've been playing this way since it's more fun and challenging, and thinking the whole time that the rate is lower than for playing 2:1 Small.

I ment that soloing gives me ~5k exp per hour the 10k for duo-ers was ... just a guess (a close one :D ?)

My weapon came unbound :cry: now I havetrouble against one lvl 90 shade with just a frostbite dagger, so am having trouble getting to the ores to make a new weapon.

Do a complexity 1 dungeon and you'll get at least something decent to start. Then you can bind it and go back to 6.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Following on from discussion page ago or so.

I think they should force the game to drop the ingredients for potions, including planting seeds for any bonus rooms. Its not fair to add doors that are literally impossible to enter. Unless the game drops items either through the ingredients or ingredients through farming. I think they should force drop the items even if you still wouldnt have the required level. The game can decide to force drop the highest or lowest ingredients for a potion (+Farming) though. So that means you may need to level herblore/farming or the skill if you dont have the level for it.

I have certainly on many occasions experienced mining doors around 104. I am 99 mining but the game never dropped the stuff I needed. So even though I also have high enough herblore and farming it just made it impossible to do them. Sometimes I have like 3 keys I cant use because of it.

Its not like if I ever encountered a smithing door that required 104 smithing would work for me either. Even though I got 30m which is level 108 :sad: Lol! I wouldnt be able to get through it unless it supplied me with stuff to make a potion or the seeds to plant. Which imo the game should force drop at some previous room.

I have had doors that require say 104 runecrafting of which I do not have 99 runecrafting myself. They should still force the game to drop the ingrediants to make a pot even though I dont have 99 yet or otherwise impossible to make a pot with enough boost. -Incase I did and for those who do- That seems more fair to me.

I know there are technicalities to it all but to be fair it is just necessary.. Its just nonsense to have doors that are "Impossible" to go through even if you maxed out the skill, herblore and farming. I dont think they can really change it so the doors dont appear.. They just should change it so its actually possible to open them in circumstances you bloody maxed out the skills and still find it impossible. <_<

+Plus. I just had an idea after writing this post. The game can instead of force dropping the items. Can spawn the necessary items in the shop for people to buy. (Smuggler guy) Only other problem with that is people may not have enough gold.. but thats less likely and still seems more fair. Its probably easier for them to make it spawn in the shop than to have monsters drop it.

I could come up with other ideas but the general idea is to make it possible.. Just looks shabby as it is. Great making dungeons random and all but it needs to also be possible to complete them if you got the stats for it. :P Mainly its a problem because it actively penalises you for not completing them. Maybe it shouldnt..

I have a theory of why they made this a skill. If it wasn't a skill, no one will train it and it would just become like MA, but since its a skill, everyone wants to get all their skills 50+ or w/e so they actually train it.

Do a complexity 1 dungeon and you'll get at least something decent to start. Then you can bind it and go back to 6.

Qeltar--a question for you (unrelated to the post I quoted):

Do you like the fact that this skill has given meaning to having level 99s in stats? I mean sure, its pretty isolated from the RS world in many ways, but do you think that this could have been needed?

I mean, if something like overload potions was released to all skills, that could hypothetically cause a huge imbalance in the game (the people who have been playing this game for years and have all 99s will have acess to each hugely powerful thing, whereas a new player would feel overwhelmed by trying to achieve even one 99).

Do you think that this skill was a good way to give some unique activities to do with 99 skills without disrupting the RS society? (I mean, without making people feel constrained to the point where they HAVE to get a 99?)

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I have a theory of why they made this a skill. If it wasn't a skill, no one will train it and it would just become like MA, but since its a skill, everyone wants to get all their skills 50+ or w/e so they actually train it.

Even if this was an activity, nothing can fail as hard as MA. Dungeoneering is fun regardless of its classification.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Anyone having trouble finding a team or partner, there is a cc called "Team Raiding" that I use to find a team if I ever need one. There's usually quite a few people in the cc willing to team up and answer questions. Oh and first post on tip.it after years of reading the forums and not posting. :smile: There's probably some degrading internet name for people that do that. :rolleyes:

MA need some MAJOR game play improvements to make it fun. D'eering just need some tweaks, the majority of the game play is fine. Yes there are problems here and there, but I do not think there are any core game play element that Jagex needs to change.

degrading internet name for people that do that. :rolleyes:

A nubble lurker? I dunno :blink:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Finally, some reasonable complaints about Dungeoneering as a skill (they've been there, but usually people glued on to the "it's a mini-game" point).

Me thinks Jagex needs a bit more clarity on Prestige as it's generating a lot of valid heat. First off, just getting the prestige system number at it's max took some lucid posts on here to clear up. Now, it's apparent that it's tied not only to your number, but to the dungeon and it's rooms. That's ticking people off cause we see "Bonus Room" percentage and think that's what's the final impact on our XP.

Prestige is overly complicated, but it looks like it's a reward geared toward the level of dungeon you as a player cause to be generated. High level players playing on a high level dungeon, even if it's on Floor 1, will get enourmous XP from Prestige should they do (or at least can do) bonus rooms.

Has there been any headway is figuring out how Prestige stacks up against Dungeon Floor, Player Level, Team Level, Number of Players, and room completion? Somehow, I think it'll turn out to be that high skill level players advance is this skill will level faster than low skill level players (yes, pures fall into this category). Like someone posted earlier, it could be a skill that benefits from all your other skills. I'd liken that more to Slayer that levels faster more from having higher combat than a higher skill level in Slayer. Maybe it's the Prestige system that's doing it.

Eh, too many maybes.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Do you think that this skill was a good way to give some unique activities to do with 99 skills without disrupting the RS society? (I mean, without making people feel constrained to the point where they HAVE to get a 99?)

It's a nice side benefit, but it's not anything earth-shattering. The lack of applicability to the rest of the game makes the appeal somewhat limited. There is also the team aspect that to some extent makes high level players in groups subject to a lot of "assist requesting". And the boosting potions are far more powerful than outside: with the right potion, an 88 is a 99.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

So in general the fastest way to train is simply to find an experienced group of 5 and do the large dungeon?

Carpe_Deus.png

qkpY.png

The specifics don't matter. The point is to have your Dungeoneering level help you in ... dungeons! Then this could at least be argued to be a skill.

Sure, all of the items I listed also involve other skills, but that's sorta the point. And really, even that hastily prepared list is a lot more relevant to what you do in training the skill than the current rewards. Let's see... I run through dungeons and kill bosses to get a bag that lets me hold gems? Or something that gives me prayer XP? Somewhat amusing given not one single gem exists in Daemonheim, and bones are the last thing I pick up after killing a creature there! ;)

To be fair, Agility for the longest time was a completely useless skill, bar a few quests. These ideas remind me greatly of when the shortcuts were introduced - and suddenly agility gained quite a few new uses. I love those ideas, but perhaps instead of proposing them on a forum nobody pays attention to, you should either post them on the RSOF or suggest them in the Q and A. That way, they at least consider them.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

This may sound stupid... but just making sure...

I was correct to keep primal maul over proth rapier?

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

So in general the fastest way to train is simply to find an experienced group of 5 and do the large dungeon?

I don't know. I haven't been paying attention to the exact rates, I've been playing purely for fun since I figure the rewards are all subject to change anyways. I just figured that since everyone's talking about how great 2:1 is (several of the top HS players reputably use it), it would at least be better than the rates I've been seeing...

http://i39.tinypic.com/6zy1xc.png

This is a typical run for us. I clocked this run at about 55 minutes from start to finish. I'm pretty sure 10K an hour is understating the 2:1 tactic, since the people racing on the highscores allegedly use it.

I said 10k, but I think I have to mention that this "10k" was an approximate example of the exp. you get duoing at level 50 not 57+, I am pretty sure that at 57+ is ... well ... more.

A real Dungeoneering skill could have easily been incorporated into real RS.

Level 9 - You learn how to enter the Lumbridge caves without a light source.

Level 17 - Gain a +5 Agility capability bonus on dungeon-based obstacles.

Level 23 - Slayer creatures in dungeons can still not be damaged without appropriate gear, but will no longer damage you if you attack them

Level 29 - Protection prayers used in dungeons drain prayer points 10% slower.

Level 35 - Increased chance of gem drops mining in underground areas.

Level 44 - You learn how to bypass the vines in the Brimhaven dungeon without needing an axe

Level 94 - Your expertise in Dungeoneering allows you to open the doors to Waterbirth Dungeon by yourself.

And so on. That's off the top of my head in five minutes. They couldn't have done something much better over the course of two years?

Now there is the Qeltar I fell in love with so many years ago in a totally manly way. emot-swoon.gif?w=33&h=23

I'd like to see more of these ideas, they really are great.

Is the abyssal whip used by abby demons? Do we even see whips anywhere? Is the name "abyssal" just good enough?

Why do tormented demons drop dragon claws? Are their claws made from dragon?

Why can we make overload potions now? I demand Jagex gives us an explanation for where overload potions fall into Runescape history!

Where do the penance items come from? We have a fighter torso...does this mean that we are actually wearing the skin of a penance fighter?

Why does the kalphite queen drop a lava staff? Is there lava in her lair?

Why can we hunt chinchompas? Where did they come from?

What is the deal with a dragonfire shield? Some dragons just decide to drop their visage? Why? How does a draconic visage fit into the lore of runescape?

I think the Abyssal Whip is just a weapon that was forged in the abyss. As for why the abyssal demons carry it, perhaps it was made out of the leathery bits of their siblings?

The pieces of the dragon plate that the tormented demons drop are parts of its body. They were created by Lucien, and as such were likely given the Dragon claws when they were brought into Runescape.

Advances in skills like these are usually lore'd out as advances in research. The entire Runecrafting skill is noted in Runescape's history as researchers finally cracking how to access the rune essence mines, as in Runescape classic's era they were still running on the runes that Guthix had given them. In Runescape lore, the overload potions were likely just an advance in research.

As gross as it sounds: In all likelihood the barbarians use the bodies of the dead penance from Barbarian Assault. So yes.

I'm not saying Jagex does this, but the normal explanation in dungeon crawlers and RPGs for why big bosses drop weapons and armor is because they swallow them whole alongside the poor saps who were wearing them. Dragons are natural collectors of shiny objects and treasures, however.

Chinchompa are one of the many exotic creatures in the Piscatoris region that can't be found anywhere else in Runescape, including the monkfish, a few species of kebbits, the white rabbit, ferrets, among others.

The draconic visage, if you take the name literally, may be the dragon's face. By forging it to an anti-dragon shield, you somehow utilize the anti-dragon shield's ability to absorb dragonfire, with the visage's innate ability to spit fire. As for how it fits, I believe the mechanic was discovered (at release) by Oziach. Oziach is the master smither you meet in Dragon Slayer.

Hopefully those will explain it, at least somewhat.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

What have people's experiences with drops been?

I'm level 20 now, and on level 11. I've been soloing on complexity 6 for just about every dungeon run. So far the boss drops have been complete rubbish...

I still have an argonite platebody bound becuase I think the best drop from a boss has been tier 9 gauntlets.

For those of you who have tier 9,10,11 weapons or armour, which level did you get it on and which boss dropped it?

The sample size will be small but I was just interested to see how my luck compares.

a

e d

R B oo k.

T e

h