24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

It'd be more for the train.

I tried booking a train somewhere once (Looked in December, was going away in Feburary), It was around £110 at the student rate.

Accomodation costs..Well..Depending on the area of London and the place, that'd set you back a fair bit. Since they say central, I can assume it'd be pretty pricey.

Am I the only one who thinks it's pretty stupid of them to say "Please note that alcohol will be available at this event, for which proof of age will be required. Because of this, the event will only be suitable for our adult fans." I don't see why having alcohol there only makes it suitable for adult fans. Perhaps they should just say "We're putting an age limit for player safety, those under this age must have a parent/guardian/someone over 18 present."

Personally, I won't be attending, not my sort of thing really (Well, I guess it's because it's RuneScape) and I've got a plan for the week before that. Plus it doesn't seem as fun as some other things.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be more for the train.

I tried booking a train somewhere once (Looked in December, was going away in Feburary), It was around £110 at the student rate.

Accomodation costs..Well..Depending on the area of London and the place, that'd set you back a fair bit. Since they say central, I can assume it'd be pretty pricey.

Am I the only one who thinks it's pretty stupid of them to say "Please note that alcohol will be available at this event, for which proof of age will be required. Because of this, the event will only be suitable for our adult fans." I don't see why having alcohol there only makes it suitable for adult fans. Perhaps they should just say "We're putting an age limit for player safety, those under this age must have a parent/guardian/someone over 18 present."

Personally, I won't be attending, not my sort of thing really (Well, I guess it's because it's RuneScape) and I've got a plan for the week before that. Plus it doesn't seem as fun as some other things.

I'd rather have Jagex 'lie' about the age limit due to alcohol than open it too younger children with supervision. Parents won't want to take their children to a place with alcohol, so we can assume that there won't be hundreds of 12 year olds hitting you with a stick and spinning around like a moron.

With older people there, Jagex can start to lose their reputation as a game for children, which was one of their goals.(stated in the Tip.It questionaire thing that was sent to them.(i think :geek:))

Question 10

My final question regarding content in the future is - how far is Jagex going to go in reaching for the older teen and adult "WoW" market? A few years ago Jagex stated publicly that most of their customers were males under 15. Most parents are happy to send money to Jagex knowing that they cared about their child's safety (no, I don't mean "waahh I lost my party hat", I mean sharing phone numbers and school names etc.) Will Jagex continue that commitment?

First and foremost is our commitment to the safety of our players, whatever age they may be. We want Runescape to be a safe and enjoyable place for all. That being said, there is a desire to shift to a slightly more mature setting. We’re not talking about obscenity and nudity, but we don’t want to patronise our players so much. The changes won’t happen overnight, but what we may see are quests with more serious plot and player decisions, puzzles that require more thought, and a reduction in player pampering.

-- Mod Trick

I'll consider coming. Perhaps.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Seeing how I live in central london, something to do in August, can't see any reason why I won't be going..

Because it may very well be the geekiest thing you ever do? :P

Would go there purely to get drunk and wreck something.

Then you realize RS doesnt mix with life

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

I agree with whoever said there wouldn't be much to do there.

Jagex is quieter then Johnny Tightlips about their future updates, I REALLY doubt they would give some unique ingame item or something to people who came, and tbh I'm praying since there's going to be adults there won't be any RSOFers freaking out "PAY 2 PKK!1!"

Trapt45.png

Am I the only American who is sitting here reading this and thinking: "Wow...people take trains?"

Anyway, is the fan base really large enough to hold this kind of thing? I've got a feeling its gonna end up being Jagex + 100 fat old nerdy guys sitting around in a room that is way too big for this event. Anyone else get that picture in their head?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I would LOVE to join. But I live in the states... so yeah... <_<

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Looks awesome. I may attend this. Depends on the cost. I dont really want to go on my own so it really depends on the cost of tickets. Travel. If hotel be necessary.

Be interesting to go to a convention for runescape.

Might have to buy some t-shirts beforehand lol.

Most of the fan base is in the US, but I suppose London is closer to their JaGeX HQ. Eh, whatever. Someone bring back some pictures.

Most of the fan base is in the US, but I suppose London is closer to their JaGeX HQ. Eh, whatever. Someone bring back some pictures.

No proof of this.

Other than typical US logic of we are the biggest country therefore we obviously are the biggest/best/most of nething.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No proof of this.

Other than typical US logic of we are the biggest country therefore we obviously are the biggest/best/most of nething.

So I guess we can ignore the fact that a large majority of the servers are US based.

Trapt45.png

I'll consider coming. Perhaps.

Do ittt. Tipit power!

Btw for anyone looking at getting the train, Advance tickets are usuall put on sale 3 months before your required travel date, so look around May 28th into early June and you can find some great deals. For whoever was trying to travel from Scotland, Glasgow?

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/tickets-offers/Jul/2010/#best-fare-finder-calendar

At the bottom you can see when Advance tickets for Virgin Trains are available.

asrhasrh.jpg

No proof of this.

So I guess we can ignore the fact that a large majority of the servers are US based.

Since they removed location tags for like 98% of the servers and they have been on and offline we have no way to say for certain where they are.

Equally will US being home to most server hosters and that fact it is geographically bigger are factors. Plus server location means very little, as proven by the fact that if you have decent net there is virtually no ping difference regardless of location.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I dont know the drinking age in England, but ill assume its 21 like in America.

So this is for players 21 or older that live near London and have the money/interest in going.

Yea looks like extremely few players will be going...

Its 18 (or around 12), but its open to 16+ a mod said, although the site says its 14+ :roll:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

No proof of this.

a47og3.png

Even factoring in a generous margin of error that's pretty conclusive.

Visitors do not equal players.

Plus these things have been shown to be hugely inaccurate.

They rely on ip variation to log "unique" visitors.

The fact USA is so huge means far more ip variation within the country where as in UK for example ip variation (or lack there of) can cause huge areas and numbers of people to only count once.

Plv6Dz6.jpg