24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you do there?

Battle dragons, hobgoblins, and cows. Train your skills and pk your friends.

I'd consider going if I didn't live in South Dakota.. I don't see it being a whole lot of fun though. I can sit at home and play RS as easy as I can there...

*waits for Jagex employee autographs to show up on Ebay*

35b9enp.jpg

What would you do there?

Battle dragons, hobgoblins, and cows. Train your skills and pk your friends.

I'd consider going if I didn't live in South Dakota.. I don't see it being a whole lot of fun though. I can sit at home and play RS as easy as I can there...

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not (because I am half-asleep) but RuneFest is mainly a way for players to meet the developers and people behind RuneScape as well as other players.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

What would you do there?

[sarcasm]Battle dragons, hobgoblins, and cows. Train your skills and pk your friends.[/sarcasm]

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not (because I am half-asleep) but RuneFest is mainly a way for players to meet the developers and people behind RuneScape as well as other players.

I figured that question would have been answered 96 times by this point in the thread :)

I'll be going, I live in London.

I'll be coming in normal clothes. If I see people with shaved heads coming up to me asking me for free alc00l pl0x, I'll be leaving early.

Yeh, I don't talk much on here, but I read alot :P

The bald people will be mindlessly swinging axes at trees, nothing else, not even responding to anything you do.

35b9enp.jpg

im sure its been said b4. but im too lazy to look thru and read every single post. or any post for that matter. but..jagex says not to meet strangers irl right? then they all ask you to come to one place so EVERYBODY can meet at once? hypocrite jagex? yeah.

btw..PEDO CENTRAL?

-stranger_danger.jpg

I like getting hard when I PK

Jagex's version of Blizzcon.

I hate cosplay and this reaks of it.

I'd rather just play the game. :P

Aw, too bad I have my air ticket home booked or I will be staying here.

But hey, if TET is plotting something big there, I wont mind coming back early.

The bald people will be mindlessly swinging axes at trees, nothing else, not even responding to anything you do.

Someone shall be cosplaying a bot there! Maybe we can be GE spammers as well.

Off topic:

Interesting poll this week, it seems that skilling and chatting is what most of us are doing most of the time but not killing and pking which RS is suppose to be a combat based MMORPG. Also in average, F2P are 1 year younger than P2Ps.

I would definitely go if they host it around my place, but probably not dressing up as much since it would take a lot of effort.

It would be nice to talk to other RS players and developers in a setting such as those, its hard to find people to talk about it in real life.

I would be happy to snap some pictures and buy something RS related if they do sell them at those events.

a happy Runescaper

This is rediculous. Nothing against Jagex having a fan convention but they have on game and their is absolutely no reason to bring players together for LAN. Blizzcon works because Blizzard can give out beta keys, have contests, have LAN comps, have a competitive tourney, reveal progress of their new game, etc.

I hope this goes well but I just don't see how it will work.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Not going for several reasons:

1. I turn 14 on Aug 30
  2. I live in the states
  3. I don't have money
  4. I can't drink, and what's the point of a celebration without alchohol? :P

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

This is rediculous. Nothing against Jagex having a fan convention but they have on game and their is absolutely no reason to bring players together for LAN. Blizzcon works because Blizzard can give out beta keys, have contests, have LAN comps, have a competitive tourney, reveal progress of their new game, etc.

I hope this goes well but I just don't see how it will work.

Its not completly a lan party. Its like more of a celebration/get together. Here is what will happen during the event:

* Insider Sessions

* Special Q&A Session: TBA

* RuneScape GameZone

* Exclusive Competitions

* Art at RuneFest

* Landmark Event: TBA

Edit: just came across this:

@Colintje3 we will definitely be looking at doing future fest and in different countries if this one is a success.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

* Insider Sessions

* Special Q&A Session: TBA

* RuneScape GameZone

* Exclusive Competitions

* Art at RuneFest

* Landmark Event: TBA

Maybe they're going to release MechScape BETA or some trailers for the Landmark Event?

Also, I'm making a Guthix Stole out of my school tie <3:

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Jagex's version of Blizzcon.

I hate cosplay and this reaks of it.

I'd rather just play the game. :P

Aw, too bad I have my air ticket home booked or I will be staying here.

But hey, if TET is plotting something big there, I wont mind coming back early.

Someone shall be cosplaying a bot there! Maybe we can be GE spammers as well.

Off topic:

Interesting poll this week, it seems that skilling and chatting is what most of us are doing most of the time but not killing and pking which RS is suppose to be a combat based MMORPG. Also in average, F2P are 1 year younger than P2Ps.

I should cosplay as Kanye West...

"Yo kid dressing as bot at RuneFest, imma let you finish, but the kid dressing as Merch spammer is the greatest cosplayer OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME"

just kidding..

If I were brave enough to cosplay anyone, it would have to be Jad.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Selling accomodation 45 mins from London 10m/night :thumbsup:

I'm so going, providing prices arn't too expensive. Get a few others scapers that I know who i've wanted to meet irl too.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Me and my friends have actually considered going :)

We'll have an awesome road trip there, and the weekend should be class! :thumbsup:

Roadtripp!! :lol:

Wait what? You only need to be 18 in England? >.>

In case you're talking about alcohol you only have to be 16 in the Netherlands :thumbsup:. No discussion value really, just wanted to gloat.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Wait what? You only need to be 18 in England? >.>

In case you're talking about alcohol you only have to be 16 in the Netherlands :thumbsup:. No discussion value really, just wanted to gloat.

And 'have to be' can be interpreted lightly :thumbup:

priest_wiz.png

Hopefully i'll be there :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'll be attending, I know it's pretty sad but I guess it's a good day out even though I hate London the alcohol should keep me calm heh ^^

Anyone else going on the train via Newcastle?

No because I'll be the only one there wearing a coat!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png