24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

I feel the same way Jaspa (about wanting to know where it is).

I don't see why Jagex didn't allow "exclusive 24 hour" sales to be done via them so we don't have to pay the extra TicketMaster prices.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine :D

Not particularly happy about it being done via TicketMaster though. Jagex already have billing providors and could easily have done this themselves. For two tickets @ £75 each it cost me £162 pfft thats an extra £12 over what the face value is (almost 4 months p2p).

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Good luck :D Hope you get one too.

By the way you have to pay £2.50 for the privilege of printing out your own ticket. Fail.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Depends where you're flying from really. Gatwick is the main airport for the south of the UK, it has a tube line that goes straight from the airport into the centre of London too.

Actually Heathrow is a lot bigger than Gatwick (think it's got 3 more terminals).

Haha yeah, i actually meant Heathrow in my post, not sure how i got the two confused since i've lived on the piccadilly line for the past 5 years which goes right to Heathrow. #-o

HOLY CRAP ME TOO!

we could be neighbours :S

I tell you what, if you live north of finsbury park too I'm going to get seriously freaked out.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

The big problem now is that the prices cannot really be lowered as people who already have tickets would complain. I think i will have to wait until Runefest 2011 to go.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Since when is a banner much of an unfair advantage? :rolleyes:

See it like this, members pay and are rewarded, attendies of RuneFest pay and are rewarded. Simple. Besides it is not like they get access to a new area, a useful new item, or anything serious. It is a banner.

Scythes and bunny ears are purely cosmetic too, people who own them wouldn't call them useless...

The event would cost me 80 ferry, 100 hotel, 90 ticket for a one-day event. Membership costs me 4,6 per month.

Cool items for the rich and wealthy, I don't like it.

Oh well, it's their game...

I hope that the people here, who are going, have a great time!

HOLY CRAP ME TOO!

we could be neighbours :S

I tell you what, if you live north of finsbury park too I'm going to get seriously freaked out.

Haha i do, well i did. Wood green in fact, couple stops north of Finsbury Park. I'm Staying in Essex for the the summer right now though.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

By the way you have to pay £2.50 for the privilege of printing out your own ticket. Fail.

I have to print it? I haven't got a printer lol!

I'll print it for you... :wink:

So did you get a redeem code when you purchased the ticket Mercifull?

Since the redeem code option is now working on diango.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I havnt recieved any redeeming codes yet.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

AHAHAHAHAH. Ticketmaster. As if Jagex couldn't get any more [developmentally delayed]ed.

Grats on paying £82.50 for an ingame item!

It's not about paying 'x' amount for an 'in-game item', well for me it isn't.

It's about attending an event that celebrates the game I've played on/off for around 9 years now, I tried to organise an event like this last year but because it was unofficial it failed.

I'm sure if Jagex even get 300 people through the door (which they will, quite easily) there will be a 2011 event, the next one I heard will be in USA and UK.

"Secret London Venue".

My god. Does everything have to be a godamned secret with Jagex? Bad enough that they stopped the BTS and have been feeding us stupid cryptic hints since then, but now they're even making the location of their con a secret. Yeah that's really useful for people who want to, I don't know, plan their trip. :rolleyes:

"Secret London Venue".

My god. Does everything have to be a godamned secret with Jagex? Bad enough that they stopped the BTS and have been feeding us stupid cryptic hints since then, but now they're even making the location of their con a secret. Yeah that's really useful for people who want to, I don't know, plan their trip. :rolleyes:

They said it is in central London. There can only be so many locations they can use. They gave enough general information. At least they didn't state "Somewhere in England".

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Even if I would have lived in England and not in Sweden I would probably not have come anyway. I love Runescape and play it a lot, but going to a fest just for RS isn't something that I would do. It seems a bit over-hyped to me.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'd guess it would be held in somewhere like The O2 Arena or Hyde Park, but as other people have said I'm not willing to purchase a ticket until the tell us where it is :unsure:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I'd guess it would be held in somewhere like The O2 Arena or Hyde Park, but as other people have said I'm not willing to purchase a ticket until the tell us where it is :unsure:

It won't be that big lol. At most i'd expect it in a venue like Alexandra palace, the o2 and hyde park are enormous and only used for the highest budget events.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

• 1 month later...

BUMP

They still haven't changed their prices :thumbdown:

I would have gone if I lived in Britain, but from the east coast of America flights cost like $1.3k or more round trip

And I don't think I can fly alone at age 16 :wall:

I can stand the ticket (less than 2 days of work) but the fact I need a plane to get there just wrecks it.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

BUMP

They still haven't changed their prices :thumbdown:

I would have gone if I lived in Britain, but from the east coast of America flights cost like $1.3k or more round trip

And I don't think I can fly alone at age 16 :wall:

I can stand the ticket (less than 2 days of work) but the fact I need a plane to get there just wrecks it.

Even more importantly they STILL havnt given the location lol! (Atleast I checked a few days ago and they hadnt?) :roll: Central london is still a big place for someone who isnt used to it. I have personally been to some of the big locations there for various stuff but only because I knew where it was.

Im not someone who can just pick whatever accommodation and willy nilly use londons public transport without checking my options. I need an idea what is involved and some planning before spending big money. (In comparison to other similar events.)

That was pretty much the reason why I couldnt go. Pretty dum tbh. Maybe next year or whenever though.

I can't even print my ticket yet :@

Says tickets will be available in 24 hours, but that was over a week ago!!!

"Ticket delivery for this event will be delayed and should be available within 24 hours."

Kinda stupid...

Anyone know whats going on?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

They won't "release" the tickets until they've announced the location as the tickets will have the name of the venue on them.

Not sure why we've not heard anything at all for a while though.

"We regret to inform you that Runefest will no longer take place. Since the tickets are non-refundable, you lose the game."

The Runefest twitter has not been updated in over a month.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]