24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

For those thinking this may just be some money-making racket:

moltare.png

That may be so, but they are still trying to break even. I think if they really want to make it a success they should accept they will make a loss.

Indeed, I agree. I wonder how many people they really expect to be attending if they can figure out they'll make no loss...

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55€ for flights and 86€ for the ticket. 141€ for a little RuneScape party. Sounds quite expensive.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

55 for flights and 86 for the ticket. 141 for a little RuneScape party. Sounds quite expensive.

Except its clearly not little ;) Sounds really awesome, but I have no chance of going =/

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Many of the activities appear to be geared towards kids, yet the age limits and high cost mean that they won't be much in attendance.

So the target audience for this thing appears to be... really immature adults who like wasting money? I guess I should go then. :)

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Psht, i'm soooooooooooooo going, its as much as i spend during night out so it evens out I guess, minus the flight, but like i am going to london anyways...

Email about the tickets came today. They are done via ticketmaster not direct from Jagex which means it costs another £5 almost per ticket. Just gets worse.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So 80£ per ticket + plane back and forth for 2.

That ends up as a total of £477 for one weekend. Thats... alot. :unsure:

1400USD plane ticket and hotel stay + 80BP/120USD ticket + food = alot more.

I should get a working visa and stay there all summer then come home after RuneFest.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

So 80£ per ticket + plane back and forth for 2.

That ends up as a total of £477 for one weekend. Thats... alot. :unsure:

1400USD plane ticket and hotel stay + 80BP/120USD ticket + food = alot more.

I should get a working visa and stay there all summer then come home after RuneFest.

I didnt add in the hotell cost or price for food, but yeah a flight from the US would cost much more then mine would.

Does anyone know of a close airport to the event's location? Right now I am set to arrive at Gatwick on the 27th at 10 am. There were like 5 airports to choose from in London and that one sounded interesting, but if there is a closer airport, I would prefer that.

Depends where you're flying from really. Gatwick is the main airport for the south of the UK, it has a tube line that goes straight from the airport into the centre of London too.

Actually Heathrow is a lot bigger than Gatwick (think it's got 3 more terminals).

I would really love to go but £75 is simply too much (Even though I wouldn't be paying accomodation, food or travel) unless I get 6months + membership and a Stellar Dawn beta key I won't be going =(

(quick little story I got membership in Feb last year after Jagex said that members would get priority for the Stelar Dawn (then known as mechscape) beta. 13 months later and I'm still waiting...)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I'd love to go.

But I live in the U.S. it would cost me at least $1500 to get there and back with flight, hotel, and food, and ticket price.

Sucks for Americans, there will not be any in attendance.

I love this game, but thats way to rich for my blood.

23r96yv.jpg

More awesome than my fortnightly LARP with my fellow Elf Warriors!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Depends where you're flying from really. Gatwick is the main airport for the south of the UK, it has a tube line that goes straight from the airport into the centre of London too.

Actually Heathrow is a lot bigger than Gatwick (think it's got 3 more terminals).

Haha yeah, i actually meant Heathrow in my post, not sure how i got the two confused since i've lived on the piccadilly line for the past 5 years which goes right to Heathrow. #-o

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I wouldn't fly on heathrow: prices of planes landing there are probably 2-3 times as big as when flying on smaller airfield.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I will be buying 2, maybe 3 tickets on Friday.

One for myself, one for my partner (knows nothing about RS) and maybe one for my forums as a give-away prize.

£150 is nothing, only 2 days at work or so.

AMG YOU'RE SO RICH LEMME KISS YOUR FEET. <_<

I'd rather go to a music festival with my money. Hello Bestival!

asrhasrh.jpg

Tickets go on sale in 40mins.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

it's all gonna be skinny nerds or fat nerds looking for hot chicks, and fat chicks looking for hot guys. No offence to anyone, but its much like the eurotrip nude beach scene, if you catch my drift. Besides, Runescape is like a crack addiction, sure its really fun, but do you ever want to talk about it?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Actually comes to a total price of £82.25 :mellow: You have to select a delivery method, only method available is being emailed the tickets and you print them out, and that costs an extra £2.50, on top of the £4.75 ticketmaster fees.

Besides, i won't be ordering until i know where it is. "Secret London Venue" isn't clear enough for me atm, I like to know exactly what i'm doing, where i'm going, how much it's going to cost me etc. etc.

94331186.png

Orc.png

^ (edit: previous page. =p)

Ditto. Im getting kinda annoyed by all this. Its way too secretive and unnecessarily expensive. I am discussing with my gf who without I just dont want to go at all. We trying to figure out details such accommodation, travel, food etc.

But its ridiculous. I aint booking any accommodation without knowing WHERE it is. That means very expensive rooms as at the moment they are very high. (Some other event is happening.) The travel will be expensive. (Again.. Other event..) Plus the extra cost of the ticket when ordering it.

All this and I cant book it even if I wanted to because I dont know where it will be at. London is huge. Taxi's and buses be expensive too. Due to the cost of the ticket I would want to enjoy the whole event minute to minute. It probably about 2 hour train ride so we be very tired and need a hotel. Not really an option to travel straight after. My gf doesnt want to anyway and I dont blame her.

I dont think we going tbh. <_< Needed more VITAL details such as LOCATION and such. Even if they give it soon. Its too late to book any reasonable place to sleep over. Unless we find cheap options which is unlikely + that 80ish quid for ticket. Nevermind.. :rolleyes:

I dont think americans are missing out on much.. Its too expensive for most people in the U.K for what we getting.