24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

Today, were extremely excited to announce that RuneFest 2010 tickets for those who have registered on the RuneFest website will be on sale from 10:00am (BST) on Friday, April 30th. Tickets will then be available on general release the following day (Saturday, May 1st) at 10:00am (BST). The event opens on Saturday, 28th August, running from 9:30am to 7:00pm. Tickets will be priced at £75 each.

Doubt I'll be going now, thats more than my train tickets there =/

Thats 75 Euros right? Oh man thats worth two weeks of grocery.

..I am ashamed the first thing I thought about is grocery. :-|

Wait does it include food? I mean if you just add lunch and dinner in thats probably over 40-50 already. Plus the other fun stuff I think thats pretty reasonable.

no thats GBP, its 86 EUROS

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets = £75!!!!!!!! *speechless*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thats 116 bucks :blink:

What the hell are they planning that could possibly justify that much? I thought they were keeping it small.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I don t know what other events like this usually cost but I dont really want to afford that tbh. Lots of fun things I could do for a fraction of the price...

I will think about it.. I reckon 50 quid is a bit high so 75 is just through the roof.

I really dont think I 'want' to afford 75 for a event like this. :unsure: Unless it has free food and alcohol + fireworks etc. It would have to be a epic event. I doubt it would be though..

Are they stupid? £75? They should be glad if we paid £5.

Anime Expo's are cheaper then that. That is extremely pathetic, and I don't think anyone will be turning up. It'll be Jagex all alone with like 2 cases of beer.

What a stupid move to make.

If they knew HOW to correctly make funds add-up, they would price the tickets at around £5-15 and increase the prices of food, drinks etc. That's how the Anime Expo's work.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Unless the ticket price includes a year membership as well as free drinks and food all day then I wont be going. Ticket price seems far too high.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Blizzcon is roughly the same price (well it will be this year, previous years it was cheaper), and that's a 3 day event covering WoW, Starcraft and Diablo. It's also a pretty massive event with big announcements, PvP tourneys, panels and other spectacles. I'm not sure Runefest will offer the same value, especially considering it's a one-day thing.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

as an autograph collecting convention [bleep].

you can get into the london film and comic con for £10 euros or less depending on the day.

You can get into dragoncon or San Deigo comic con (Two of the biggest and best in the world) for under half for a day, or a bit more for all 4 or 7 days (depending on the packages)

Most USA cons cost $10-15 a shot to get in the door.

Most big cons have lots of autograph guests, the bigger ones have exclusive collectible figures for major toy lines with hasbro, and others there. Most big cons have hundreds or more of dealers selling collectibles.

No con i know of - American based or British based ever includes food or drink in the price.

I have an epic feeling this will tank. badly.

Hell for $115, that gets me in the door to adventurecon for the day, autographs of Jake Lloyd (little vader episode one), Mark Ryan (Bumblebee from transformers movies), Charisma Carpenter and probably two more autograph guests of my choosing.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Prices are.... High to say the least.

Don't think I'll be going now, don't want to pay that much money for an event (any event).

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~

What? Seventy five quid a ticket? Wow, before the prices were announced I wasn't happy with not going, but now it seems nobody is. This way nobody will ever turn up there, and Jagex can't simply decide to lower the price. Quite a bad move, if I may say so :???:.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Almost a year of membership or a silly convention.

Hmm...

It's closer to 2 years of membership :shock:

I was expecting £40 or thereabouts, the few people i've spoken to where saying around £30, I would have been happy with that.

£75 is really quite steep if you don't live a small car journey away, and I'm still not sure exactly what I'll be getting for my money except the chance to play RS and talk to a few developers face to face and watch an award ceremony for a few videos?

Then food and drink will obviously be expensive.

I wonder if they'll throw in a years membership or some other goodies, something that won't cost the company a lot but will make me feel a whole lot better about spending £75.

Orc.png

What? Seventy five quid a ticket? Wow, before the prices were announced I wasn't happy with not going, but now it seems nobody is. This way nobody will ever turn up there, and Jagex can't simply decide to lower the price. Quite a bad move, if I may say so :???:.

With the minimum age, they already outlawed a large bulk of the Runescape community. So maybe it's supposed to be a kind-of exclusive event?

priest_wiz.png

With the minimum age, they already outlawed a large bulk of the Runescape community. So maybe it's supposed to be a kind-of exclusive event?

Even if, who is stupid enough to pay seventy-five pounds to see about 2 mintues worth of exclusive items, then go and get pissed? Not me.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I think they should release some more detailed information on what exactly will be going on ASAP, especially what venue it's at as I need to know that before i even think of purchasing a ticket due to booking accomodation.

Orc.png

The tickets are priced so high because they're taking into consideration that hardly anyone will go because the tickets are so high priced.

This.

I was expecting somewhere around £30. £40 would be pushing it and I would have to think hard. Add onto that travel, accommodation if needed, food and drink, your talking £120-150. That's two weeks wages, no chance.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I was expecting somewhere around £30. £40 would be pushing it and I would have to think hard. Add onto that travel, accommodation if needed, food and drink, your talking £120-150. That's two weeks wages, no chance.

Pretty much my feelings to a tee.

What were they thinking by setting the prices so high? They do huge research and developement into security code-generating USB dongles and make the (smart) business decision to not go into production because prices will be so ridiculously high that no one will buy them...Then they seemingly put so little consideration into how much they'd have to charge in order to break even / make profit that it's shocking.

I hope they realize we won't be getting drunk until after ticket purchases...

hzvjpwS.gif