24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£75 could buy me 75 Vodka Redbulls on a monday night out..

£1 for a vodka redbull?!!!! Where do you live? Costs about £5 here.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

£75 is too much for me, I have to travel down there which isnt cheap and accommodation for the night = a big no thank you.

This is or 25 months members?

I was also thinking 30-40 would be fair priced but this was jaw dropping. I could go to a good concert for this money easily! and have money to spare

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

They're sending a very odd message by making this so expensive. It really is going to color how people look at the entire event, IMO.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Well. It's a very [cabbage]ty brand of Vodka, but still 40%, and a very cheap energy drink. But it's still a Vodka Redbull, and the general currency I rate any monetary purchase against. It makes sense! Btw you're lucky in Frome, i'd kill to live back in Somerset, i've got the hots for cider atm!

On topic.. I thought it was good business sense to tell people what you are offering, then give them a price. So not only does Jagex's customer service and sense of community fail, but so does their business plan apparently!

asrhasrh.jpg

Also, Notting hill carnival is on the same weekend, making accommodation even more scarce. It won't make it jam packed, but it may make it harder if Jagex hold this in the same region of London or around the same region.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Runescape for the rich and famous event?

Most Joe Bloggs won't be able to afford this.

I am the only wage earner and to take away 10 days food money for my family to go to a one day event is too high.

I was looking forward to attending this with my son too, ah well i shall have to plan something else to do on that weekend, because i certainly can't justify spending that amount of money

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

£20 was around my limit tbh, and I'd say to be expected given RS is essentially the bugdet option of online games out there. I'm so intrigued by this £75 tho, I wonder what the hell you could possibly get for that! It may even be a sneaky way/move by them to guage the maximum people WOULD pay, then the tickets change to that sort of price and they milk everyone for what they're worth.,,

Junkieman608.png

Mod Jon H

Hi again everyone,

There's one thing that I've been asked to make clear: we are not intending to make a profit on this event. The ticket charge will all be going towards paying for the event itself. Which means it'll be big.

Honestly I would love to be able to give you more details right now. But I can't, so you'll have to be patient.

(Any profit that we do make will be going to charity, FYI.)

And now a couple of miscellaneous questions that have cropped up so far:

"Are you able to say whether drink/food will be included at the event in that price at the moment?"

Not sure yet. I've asked whether any complementary refreshments will be included and will update this when I get a reply.

"will you put together a runescape band to play runescape songs"

Personally I would genuinely love to do this and will be trying to get involved if I can. No promises though.

-JH

It isn't going to be big with those prices. I would have thought they would know by now that masses of small amounts of money adds up to a lot.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Price does seem unusually high. Best wait until more details are announced concerning venue and events...maybe it will include some membership and a bag full of items.

Can't really blame them if they're not making a profit off of it. Im intrigued as to what they're planning now =)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Glad they aren't trying to make a profit, but I think they missed the point.

Most companies that do something like this have it as a goal to reward or say thanks to their customers. They should be aiming to *lose* money with this event -- they'd get a lot more PR value than whatever it cost them out of pocket.

There's a lot of goodwill lost in a company that makes millions in profit year after year charging over a hundred bucks to teenagers and college students. Not a smart move, IMO.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Uhm well 80+ euros is on the higher-side...

However it's not that high considering such events, it allows for some more "elite" setting which might be advantageous. Ie last week we had a "gala" from our student society, the prices 100 euros for a pair. - Add to that the dress price of ~150,- (Really, you can't show yourself with simply a smoking...) and you can see parties like these are quite "normal". (Well they are things you do once every 5 years or something like that)..

It doesn't have to have a mass of people, best parties have only like 50-100 people, going for an 'elite' feeling.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

for alot its a long way to travel and the cost does fuel it, I expect epic pyro, jmods parachuting from 10,000 ft down to the event and more

Anything short of a real life dragon and 'try your own - shark fishing' and I will be disappointed.

zqXeV.jpg

If they moved it from London to somewhere more central they probably could half those costs.

Prices in London are higher than everywhere else

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

If they moved it from London to somewhere more central they probably could half those costs.

Prices in London are higher than everywhere else

This.

Manchester plox :P

But yeah - stupid prices. If they stay this high, I highly doubt I can afford it. :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Me being over the United States, £75 means nothing to me. Thanks to my trusty friend Google, I figured out that UK£ 75 = 115.0725 U.S. dollars

Yeah are you kidding me? $55 will get me a ticket to PAX, which is three days long, and a heck of a lot better. Fail pricing. 'Course location plays a bit here, but still, that's ridiculous.

Big_Stingman.png

We 'may' see one of MMG's Tanks there. Well that is kind of worthwhile, but still not worth £75.

zqXeV.jpg

Oh man, there's no way I'm going to spend £75 on that kind of thing, and I was considering going too. The ticket prices should be about £30, give or take a tenner. I'd rather spend that kind money and go to a great big theme park instead of a convention that's being hosted by a company that has never done a convention before. As Qeltar said, Runescape needs PR so much more than to break even, so to pull this destroys the point.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

All excitement for me has now been totally drained :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Aren't Blizzcon tickets like 120$? I was expecting around this price...

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Aren't Blizzcon tickets like 120$? I was expecting around this price...

RS players are usually completely oblivious to everything other than RS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------