24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

I am surprised nobody tried to connect this to blizzcon.

Runefest 2010? Blizzcon 2010? The pre-fix of the word defines the company, for example Rune for Jagex and Blizz for Blizzard. 2010 for the date? The format for the event title is EXACTLY THE SAME! It is obvious this is a pathetic attempt trying to copy Blizzard. Lastly, booze? They have booze at Blizzcon too! It is too obvious.

In other words, this sounds pretty..wierd. I mean I care enough about Jagex that I am a bit worried if only like 5 people bought the tickets. But it is also wierd to think hundreds of people will come to the event and talk about Runescape.

Meh.

For a start I've never heard of Blizzcon but if you could just let me, for arguments sake, rip apart your post for a moment.

Runefest - Blizzcon. If the names were comparible it would be called Jagcon or WoWfest. One takes the beginning of the game name and attaches Fest to the end, the other takes the Developers name and attaches Con.

I dont know if you've ever heard of Comic-Con (ext 1970) or Dragon*Con (est 1987), Silicon (1986), UberCon (2002), Starcon (1973) and MAGFest (2002) [i could go on and on] but there have been gaming conventions for just generic "everything goes" to specific ones for D&D or Magic The Gathering for YEARS going back into the 70's and probably earlier. Blizzcon wasnt the first of its kind for ANYTHING, why must people always compare Runescape to WoW as if it invented everything?

Booze... considering its a big event where most of the people are adults it makes sense to have a bar. I just hope they don't sell any Wizards Mind Bomb as I don't want to get lost on the way home.

The format for the event is pretty standard Convention type event, there is northing here that particularly copies Blizzard over any of the other gaming conventions that have been held in the last 40 years.

I would be worried if only 5 people bought tickets too but I think we both know thats pretty unlikely. As for hundreds of people coming to the event to talk about Runescape... isn't that the point?

You arguments comparing Blizzcon and Runefest is one of the worst constructed posts i've ever seen. Epic fail.

And something extra

"On April 24th 2010, Jamelia announced her plans to attend Runefest, an event hosted by the online gaming company Jagex"

Soure: Wikipedia (though i'm pretty sure its just someone taking the piss lol)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runefest 2010? Blizzcon 2010? The pre-fix of the word defines the company, for example Rune for Jagex and Blizz for Blizzard. 2010 for the date? The format for the event title is EXACTLY THE SAME! It is obvious this is a pathetic attempt trying to copy Blizzard. Lastly, booze? They have booze at Blizzcon too! It is too obvious.

In other words, this sounds pretty..wierd. I mean I care enough about Jagex that I am a bit worried if only like 5 people bought the tickets. But it is also wierd to think hundreds of people will come to the event and talk about Runescape.

Meh.

Keep in mind there are millions of players. if even 0.5% of the players showed up, it will be packed.

That'll be 25000 people..... I wonder how large of a place they've got :o

0,1% and we're talking =)

[hide]

Meh.

For a start I've never heard of Blizzcon but if you could just let me, for arguments sake, rip apart your post for a moment.

Runefest - Blizzcon. If the names were comparible it would be called Jagcon or WoWfest. One takes the beginning of the game name and attaches Fest to the end, the other takes the Developers name and attaches Con.

I dont know if you've ever heard of Comic-Con (ext 1970) or Dragon*Con (est 1987), Silicon (1986), UberCon (2002), Starcon (1973) and MAGFest (2002) [i could go on and on] but there have been gaming conventions for just generic "everything goes" to specific ones for D&D or Magic The Gathering for YEARS going back into the 70's and probably earlier. Blizzcon wasnt the first of its kind for ANYTHING, why must people always compare Runescape to WoW as if it invented everything?

Booze... considering its a big event where most of the people are adults it makes sense to have a bar. I just hope they don't sell any Wizards Mind Bomb as I don't want to get lost on the way home.

The format for the event is pretty standard Convention type event, there is northing here that particularly copies Blizzard over any of the other gaming conventions that have been held in the last 40 years.

I would be worried if only 5 people bought tickets too but I think we both know thats pretty unlikely. As for hundreds of people coming to the event to talk about Runescape... isn't that the point?

You arguments comparing Blizzcon and Runefest is one of the worst constructed posts i've ever seen. Epic fail.

And something extra

"On April 24th 2010, Jamelia announced her plans to attend Runefest, an event hosted by the online gaming company Jagex"

[/hide]

He's joking..... way to waste your time :rolleyes:

But yea, irony should be banned from the face of the earth.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

He wasn't being ironic he was being an idiot.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Obviously we have no statistics on the email registration but if the Facebook event is anything to go by pretty much 90% of the people who said they are either "attending" or "maybe attending" are either underage (going by their picture which I know isn't really a scientific method) or are in countries thousands of miles away. Yes I understand that people might look young in their picture (I don't look 25) and that people might be saving up, but when what looks like a 12 year old from Panama says "attending" you know its complete bs.

Hopefully the 6 of us planning to go and meet up will all be able to make it. A few of us have met before but others of us have not. We vary in age but I am the youngest. It sounds pretty fun. I dont see it as a bunch of nerds meeting up for a Runescape convention and more of a chance to meet some good friends i've known for years online in a comfortable setting, and also get some sneak previews at upcoming updates.

I hope we wont all be logging on at some point for an event tho, I don't want people seeing how nooby my bank is lol.

And @3hitm4g3u. Don't dis getting drunk and talking about Runescape til you've tried it. :D

theres 6 of us now? whoop!

btw... getting drunk and talking about runescape i better than getting drunk and starting a fight!

2hrmo37.jpg
limparse.png

Meh.

And something extra

I knew it was a bad idea to post that. Yes I was joking, come on mate I even added the booze part for good measure.

I demand some phr33 st00f cuz u hurt mah feelings. :cry:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I'll buy you a dwarven stout at Runefest to apologise :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I'm considering to go. That is, as long as Katla stays asleep. Not sure if I could face 27h of straight driving (thank you googlemaps) just to get there. But should be fun to meet up with some of the people from here. And Rach, if you're worried about your parents, I'll be your chaperone. I'll be 33 by then, and I'm a *erm* responsible adult :P

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

I'll be wearing my WoW shirt! :thumbsup:

Yeah, prepare to be piled by both range (beer cans) and melee (I dunno? baseball bats?)

Sol spec+full torag with my div(cardboard and a bin lid:D.) I'll be downing them all.

I am heavily considering to go, its just a battle of convincing my parents to go to London for a long weekend, oh and slip in that theres this fest thing...

As a matter of curiosity, is anyone wearing any Tip.it pride/symbol to it? :P If I am allowed to go, I think I will buy this jumper. Looks pretty good, subtle but it gets the point across. :D

There is loads of clothing apparel in that store you can have a look around here: http://www.cafepress.com/rstipit/2145948

Who doesn't want to put their children in this:

91020832v6_240x240_Front_Color-Pink.jpg

Thats what I call Tip.it Pride.

I am heavily considering to go, its just a battle of convincing my parents to go to London for a long weekend, oh and slip in that theres this fest thing...

As a matter of curiosity, is anyone wearing any Tip.it pride/symbol to it? :P If I am allowed to go, I think I will buy this jumper. Looks pretty good, subtle but it gets the point across. :D

There is loads of clothing apparel in that store you can have a look around here: http://www.cafepress.com/rstipit/2145948

Who doesn't want to put their children in this:

91020832v6_240x240_Front_Color-Pink.jpg

Thats what I call Tip.it Pride.

Too bad there aren't any Tip.it man thongs :(

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

45 minutes - 1 hour train journey for me. I think I may come. :D MASS MEET UP PLEASE.

EDIT: Mod Mark H just confirmed you MUST be 16 to attend the event and 18 to buy alcohol. (See page 35 on the RSOF)

Well we knew 18 for alcohol. I'm hoping to go, may take an irl friend of mine who used to play rsand have a night out in London at the same time. Also trying to convince staffies to go.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

45 minutes - 1 hour train journey for me. I think I may come. :D MASS MEET UP PLEASE.

EDIT: Mod Mark H just confirmed you MUST be 16 to attend the event and 18 to buy alcohol. (See page 35 on the RSOF)

Makes good sense really. If you allow people under 16 then they really aught to have adult supervision (london is big and scary) and if every 14 year old has to take dad/uncle/big brother with him/her then thats one less space available for genuine fans who want to attend.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Anybody plan to organize a tif meet up or something?

If there is going to be a planned meet up i doubt anything will begin to be arranged until after tickets go on sale.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Anybody plan to organize a tif meet up or something?

If there is going to be a planned meet up i doubt anything will begin to be arranged until after tickets go on sale.

I am also trying to get some of the staff to meet up, i'm sure we would meet with other TIFers inside. But you are right, until the tickets are out, I doubt anybody is 100% on going.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Anyone else thinking that Stellar Dawn/Mechscape could be shown off at this event?

Unlikely. They are more likely to show off this kind of stuff at developer conferences where there is opportunity for investment etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I suspect many players will be left out.

Most RuneScape players aren't from England, and a large percentage of them are teenagers under 18.

edit: A Jagex mod said that you only need to be 16 or older in order to attend RuneFest. Nevertheless, I don't many people who live overseas will shell out an expensive plane ticket just to go to this event.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Most RuneScape players aren't from England, and a large percentage of them are teenagers under 18.

edit: A Jagex mod said that you only need to be 16 or older in order to attend RuneFest. Nevertheless, I don't many people who live overseas will shell out an expensive plane ticket just to go to this event.

You would be surprised actually how many Runescape players are British. From my experiences I have noticed much more people from Britain than any other country.

Also, phaper, I'm not sure if those will be announced, but there will be something, as listed on the website:

Insider Sessions

Special Q&A Session: TBA

RuneScape GameZone

Exclusive Competitions

Art at RuneFest

Landmark Event: TBA

The last one is what has my attention.

zqXeV.jpg

If it's a success there might be one in the states also. Likewise there are hundreds of "fests" in America that people in the UK can't get to. Jagex is a British developer. We don't know figures on the demographics of Runescape players but i'm sure Jagex will have worked out the number of people eligible to come.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Today, we’re extremely excited to announce that RuneFest 2010 tickets for those who have registered on the RuneFest website will be on sale from 10:00am (BST) on Friday, April 30th. Tickets will then be available on general release the following day (Saturday, May 1st) at 10:00am (BST). The event opens on Saturday, 28th August, running from 9:30am to 7:00pm. Tickets will be priced at £75 each.

Doubt I'll be going now, thats more than my train tickets there :shock:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Today, we’re extremely excited to announce that RuneFest 2010 tickets for those who have registered on the RuneFest website will be on sale from 10:00am (BST) on Friday, April 30th. Tickets will then be available on general release the following day (Saturday, May 1st) at 10:00am (BST). The event opens on Saturday, 28th August, running from 9:30am to 7:00pm. Tickets will be priced at £75 each.

Doubt I'll be going now, thats more than my train tickets there =/

Thats 75 Euros right? Oh man thats worth two weeks of grocery.

..I am ashamed the first thing I thought about is grocery. :-|

Wait does it include food? I mean if you just add lunch and dinner in thats probably over 40-50 already. Plus the other fun stuff I think thats pretty reasonable.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.