24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

I'm a 17 year old American which would make it less fun and more difficult for me to get there. The fact that I no longer play Runescape would make going a bit pointless as well, so I obviously won't be going.

That being said it seems like a great idea and could be lots of fun if it's your kind of thing. Sort of like BlizzCon but possibly even nerdier.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, let's bring one to New York.

I wish I could go, but I live in the United States. Hopefully they bring one over here if this one is successful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as the americans are hopefully I doubt theyll do a state side one.

They are only a relatively small company, and to host an event like 20mins train ride away from the office is ahrdly a huge cost. Compared to you know flying half their staff across the Atlantic and even then in USA u cant really do just 1 place its too big.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wait till the ticket prices come out :roll:

I went to a lord of the rings convention at alexandra palace when i was younger, only because my mum got free tickets.

I'm sure it will be a similar sort of thing, people dress up in costumes they can't fit in, desparate to find the nearest mcdonalds. And the people who don't make their own costumes will be dressed up in the latest Runescape Merch :geek:

The only reason i would want to go is to see how they model figures with their own game engine.

I mean, seriously, i've played the game for several years and it's good stress relief come the evenings but are there really people that obsessed with it?

I just think it's really, really sad that people would go to a "RuneFest".

...It's good to reach out to the community though. (Trying not to troll the game i play #-o )

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Should be going. I will be wearing a Tip.It t-shirt of my own design, I hope :)

Here's a brief draft of what I am working on:

1272133626.png

I should make a set of bronze Armour and run around asking for free stooff.

Sweet, good idea :)

By the way, do you pronounce hyt as 'height'? I always have in my head, but I'm wondering how you might greet a fellow TIFer, aside from the usual greetings such as 'Good day, fine sir', and 'May I interest you in my wares?'

~ W ~

sigzi.png

They are only a relatively small company, and to host an event like 20mins train ride away from the office is ahrdly a huge cost. Compared to you know flying half their staff across the Atlantic and even then in USA u cant really do just 1 place its too big.

Actually, Jagex is not a small company, they are the biggest independent developer in the UK and have over 350 employees.

And from their RuneFest twitter feed:

@Sliferdude24 Yup, depending on how this one goes we would 100% love to go international with RuneFest & take it to all our players,

Actually, Jagex is not a small company, they are the biggest independent developer in the UK and have over 350 employees.

@Sliferdude24 Yup, depending on how this one goes we would 100% love to go international with RuneFest & take it to all our players,

Biggest Independent Developer doesn't mean they are a big company. Big companies have thousands of employees not jsut 350+

Also loving the idea and practically doing it are two different things. Many jmods have said all over the place there are laods of player suggestions and ideas they love to use but there isnt time so they don;t etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sounds like a good laugh to me, it's a few hours train ride that i'm used to taking so it wouldn't be too much of a ball ache to get down :)

The inclusion of drink is a bonus, i don't think anyones intentions are to get absolutely bungalowed but it would be nice to take the edge off you know.

Sharing a room in premier inn or the likes (two single beds) and get a return ticket with a railcard and it's not all that expensive.

Just need the event ticket prices now :thumbsup:

Orc.png

Biggest Independent Developer doesn't mean they are a big company. Big companies have thousands of employees not jsut 350+

Also loving the idea and practically doing it are two different things. Many jmods have said all over the place there are laods of player suggestions and ideas they love to use but there isnt time so they don;t etc.

By your logic, no company is big because there are always mega-conglomerates that have thousands upon thousands of employees. Have some sense of context please?

Jagex has the money to support international RuneFests. Runescape HD cost them way more than renting a convention center for a day.

By your logic, no company is big because there are always mega-conglomerates that have thousands upon thousands of employees. Have some sense of context please?

Jagex has the money to support international RuneFests. Runescape HD cost them way more than renting a convention center for a day.

How on earth did you get tht conclusion?

By my logic a big company is one that has thousands of employees; therefore jagex is a small company.

Nowhere in there is any implication that I am saying nothing can be a big company if someone is bigger.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

By my logic a big company is one that has thousands of employees; therefore jagex is a small company.

Nowhere in there is any implication that I am saying nothing can be a big company if someone is bigger.

Whether Jagex is a small or a big company doesn't matter, they are obviously making a lot of money otherwise they wouldn't be able to run anything like this. I'm sure that jagex has some employees in America too.

Anyway, lets see how the first one turns out before they start organising another one. :P

Whether Jagex is a small or a big company doesn't matter, they are obviously making a lot of money otherwise they wouldn't be able to run anything like this. I'm sure that jagex has some employees in America too.

Anyway, lets see how the first one turns out before they start organising another one. :P

Jagex only has employees at HQ in Cambridge, there is no use for employees outside that office or away from the team.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Jagex only has employees at HQ in Cambridge, there is no use for employees outside that office or away from the team.

Meh, thought there was seeing as there are Danish mods etc.

Danish mods that live and work in the UK. :P

Also they have an office in London Paw_Claw.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

They have their language department for translating etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

would be nice if the held it in America instead. would make sense because it has the largest player base. chicago would be a good place to have it, bout a 10 hr. road trip in my car. bad thing is the drinking age here is 21+. so jagex would only have to buy one 12 pack.

good for them on the age restriction. i wouldht want little kiddies at my runefest either.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

"Who Is" says that they registered the domain name about only a month ago, so they are planning this fairly quickly.

A little more on topic, sounds like an interesting event. I live in California though, and am going to college next year, so there is no way I can spare the money. Hopefully some people will take some video of it though to give me a gist of what it was like.

Big_Stingman.png

I'll be going, I live in London.

I'll be coming in normal clothes. If I see people with shaved heads coming up to me asking me for free alc00l pl0x, I'll be leaving early.

Yeh, I don't talk much on here, but I read alot :P

On the other side of the Atlantic, so not happening. Anyways, I just play Runescape.. I'm not addicted to it, so would never even think of attending something like that even if I lived in London.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

On the other side of the Atlantic, so not happening. Anyways, I just play Runescape.. I'm not addicted to it, so would never even think of attending something like that even if I lived in London.

Because you have to be addicted to a game in order to want to go to a fun event with likeminded players and talk to the people who created the game.

Nice.

Jagex's version of Blizzcon.

I hate cosplay and this reaks of it.

I'd rather just play the game. :P

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Yeh because everyone going will turn up in Full Dragon :rolleyes: . I think i'd leave if that happened.

Also to people who say "oh lets one in the USA".. Where exactly? The distances are vast between cities and states in the USA compared to a smaller country. Actually, I have an idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_center_of_the_contiguous_United_States

JAGEX GO THERE PLEASE. They have a chapel for all those IRL fatty weddings people want!

asrhasrh.jpg