24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

£75 for a 10 minute look at future updates, that will be doubtlessly posted on the internet, then playing some runescape and talking to J mods?

I could sit in my own home for free and play RS, while talking to J mods on pm/forums and read up on the future updates on there too.

£20-40 I would have defiantly gone but not for 3X the price of normal Cons'.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't Blizzcon tickets like 120$? I was expecting around this price...

As mentioned earlier, based on what we know about the events at Runefest, Blizzcon offers a whole lot more value for money. It lasts for 3 days, offers a lot of panels, Q&A sessions and competitions. On top of that, every year they give you a goodie bag full of exclusive gifts, such as beta keys for upcoming Blizzard games. If you dont care about the bag, it can eBay for a significant amount, covering a lot of your costs. Also the 2009 event had a concert with Ozzy Osbourne on the 3rd day included in the price. Oh and just to clarify, for the first 3 Blizzcon events, the price was 100$, it was raised to 120$ in 2009.

Personally, i dont think Runefest will be worth the £75, especially if you dont live close to or in London.

Aren't Blizzcon tickets like 120$? I was expecting around this price...

RS players are usually completely oblivious to everything other than RS.

Blizzcon 2009 ticket was $125.

Here's the schedule

2 days, tons of competitons, all kinds of presentations about Cataclysm, SCII and Diablo 3, goody bag and Ozzy Osbourne in their closing ceremony.

I doubt Jagex can top that. £75 is way too much.

Edit: bah, too late :<

55th to 99 runecrafting

Ah alright, didn't know Blizzcon was that great :P I thought it was mostly just talk about Cataclysm in 2009. But 75£ isn't too bad for me anyways. But that goody bag makes me wonder... What if Stellar Dawn beta keys are handed out? :D That's not a sound reason to go though, if you're worried about cost..

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Only up the road for me, 30 minute drive or so...

If you see a drunk guy stumbling about, Say hello to me. ;)

Pretty sure drunk people are gonna be thrown out ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Only up the road for me, 30 minute drive or so...

If you see a drunk guy stumbling about, Say hello to me. ;)

Pretty sure drunk people are gonna be thrown out ;)

Okay, If you see a drunk guy acting as sober as possible stumbling about, Say hello to me. ;)

dzuz3d.jpg

for alot its a long way to travel and the cost does fuel it, I expect epic pyro, jmods parachuting from 10,000 ft down to the event and more

Anything short of a real life dragon and 'try your own - shark fishing' and I will be disappointed.

Yeah!

This price is seriously not going to help me get my parents in on it.

Plane ticket + about 700 nkr for ONE ticket is kinda harsh.

75£ Worth is too much.

Id be bloated before I'd get my money's worth.

Also being American, I have to look at it as $115.

I GOT FLOOR SEATS FOR MICHAEL BUBLE FOR THAT PRICE :thumbsup:

Awsome singing dude > Irl runescape peoplez. sorry.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I GOT FLOOR SEATS FOR MICHAEL BUBLE FOR THAT PRICE :thumbsup:

Awsome singing dude > Irl runescape peoplez. sorry.

Please tell me you're joking. :lol:

Im not. But remember that everyone has different interests ;)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

£75?! :shock: I went to the Gadget Show Live and I believe it was £25 (It could have been £30). I got to see tons of stuff, buy gadgets for a cheaper price, see a 2 hour live performance and win prizes. If they moved it from London to Birmingham NEC then the tickets would be cheaper and the train station is right next to the centre!

So basically this would cost the following:

£16.90 for the train ticket to London (Anytime Single Ticket)

£75 for the event itself.

£15 for food, drinks, snacks. (Due to it being in London, all the food will be expensive.)

In total that's £106.90 for one day!

It would be far cheaper at the Birmingham NEC, plus the food will be cheaper there too.

Phaper_Plane.png

So a few more details announced today but still nothing of substance. People are still demanding to know what you get for the money, if food/drink is included and the rough location of the event. Tickets go on sale in 2 days and hotels are already running low on rooms (Notting Hill Carnival).

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Anyone planning to go to this event check out Diago (sp?) in Draynor. You guys might get an item for dishing out $115 for a ticket.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Just read this on Runefest.com:

The Insider Sessions are our way of showing you what goes on here at Jagex and how we make RuneScape. We know that many of you love learning about what goes into making RuneScape and, at RuneFest, well finally have the chance to show you how everything fits together. Well have talks from all of the key figures at Jagex, including (but not limited to) RuneScapes creators Andrew and Paul Gower, CEO Mark Gerhard (Mod MMG) and RuneScapes Lead Designer Mod Mark.

The Insider Sessions will be taking place throughout the day at RuneFest and weve a packed schedule of discussions and presentations for attendees to choose from, including sessions where you'll get the chance to use our tools to create actual RuneScape content. There will be talks from all of the key teams who work on RuneScape, including the Graphics, Audio and Content teams, wholl explain how they help make the game. Well also have a number of light-hearted sessions where well be taking a sideways look at RuneScape. Best of all, we want to make sure that you get involved too, by hosting some sessions where you choose the topic.

The part of using Jagex's tools caught my eye.

I just rebooked my flight and it was 800 dollars cheaper.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I will be buying 2, maybe 3 tickets on Friday.

One for myself, one for my partner (knows nothing about RS) and maybe one for my forums as a give-away prize.

£150 is nothing, only 2 days at work or so.

That sounds really interesting, actually.

If I had the spare money for this, I would go (and combine it with a week holiday or something). As it is now, it doesn't look like I can prioritise this.

I wish they would have given a bit longer notice, so those who wanted to go, could have time to save up and plan a bit more ahead. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Does anyone know of a close airport to the event's location? Right now I am set to arrive at Gatwick on the 27th at 10 am. There were like 5 airports to choose from in London and that one sounded interesting, but if there is a closer airport, I would prefer that.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Does anyone know of a close airport to the event's location? Right now I am set to arrive at Gatwick on the 27th at 10 am. There were like 5 airports to choose from in London and that one sounded interesting, but if there is a closer airport, I would prefer that.

Depends where you're flying from really. Gatwick is the main airport for the south of the UK, it has a tube line that goes straight from the airport into the centre of London too.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

£150 is nothing...

You clearly don't have a mortgage :P. But if you have a wallet bursting full of cash me and my girlfriend would love to go. I can pm you my address to send tickets to ^_^ lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

£150 is nothing...

You clearly don't have a mortgage :P. But if you have a wallet bursting full of cash me and my girlfriend would love to go. I can pm you my address to send tickets to ^_^ lol

Add me onto that. I'm having to start saving early this summer to pay for car insurance next year and living costs of University for the coming year too.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

For those thinking this may just be some money-making racket:

moltare.png

That may be so, but they are still trying to break even. I think if they really want to make it a success they should accept they will make a loss.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^