Nature Staff + Law Staff are scams.

Piu

For those of you aiming Nature/Law staffs (rewards from Dungeoneering), don't. Here's why- You need to wield them to use them.

Nature Staff:

• Saves 1/10 of the Nature Runes used.

[Fire Runes: 6gp.]

[Nature Rune: 274gp.]

Price of 50 fire runes (10 alchs) is about 300.gp. Which is more than 274.

tl;dr version: You actually lose money with the Nature Staff.

Law Staff:

Haven't calculated costs yet, but I'm pretty sure it's the same.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So exactly my thought: it takes ages to get the items (and when u get them they aren't even worth going for them) & the new skill is Uber boring...

I wonder why Jagex didn't wait a bit longer to release a skill actually worth doing!

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

So exactly my thought: it takes ages to get the items (and when u get them they aren't even worth going for them) & the new skill is Uber boring...

I wonder why Jagex didn't wait a bit longer to release a skill actually worth doing!

The rewards are already worth doing for. And the new skill is actually fun with 3+ people. Challenging bosses/puzzles/tasks. :)

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Indeed the staffs are sucky.

But other rewards are good.

Bonecrusher, the 2 prayers, the farming scroll and tome of frost and poison totem all have epic uses

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

so long as there's no catch to the Tomb of Frost, I'm happy.

"Cannot be used while on the ancients spellbook."

Would be hilarious :P

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Here's the catch that makes nature staff useful:

Fire runes are useless and most people have more of them than they would ever need (mostly slayers) and they can not be sold!

So for these people these staffs are good. Of course in long term when you want to do 10k-100k alchs it wouldn't be as cool.

As for law staff - what the hell? Unless people still train magic by teleporting to Camelot, they're useless. I would never use it, that's for sure.

Profins.png

specty.png

The bonecrusher is only selectively useful though.

People alch things and utilize teleports every day. Yet the staffs designed to help people do these things are useless.

Its almost as silly as if jagex had made using bones on an altar the required action to restore prayer and prayer restored depended on the type of bones used.

or if you needed to use up a law rune to utilize your poh's portal

all work to some extent but ultimately don't help players. in some cases you might as well have just used a regular teleport. or died and went to lumby.

but what would make it a better solution that isn't just doubling the percentage (a rather dull aspect)

It can store runes in it but more charges are stored per rune depending on circumstances

x2 the number of charges per runes are stored in the staff if you have the rc level to craft them

a further x2 bonus if you have the rc level to get 100% doubles. (no such figure exists for laws sadly)

a further x2 bonus is applied if you are near the corresponding altar

thats an 8x bonus for natures and 4x bonus for laws.

upsides - rewards high level runecrafters, allows anyone to get extended usefulness out of the staff.

downsides - devalues law and nature runes. it may be possible that they are no longer as profitable to make.

I don't know why everyone misses to mention the coal bag. Its hell of a good item for low level players. You can get it at 41 lvl and it's basically a 2nd inventory. Not to mention that it speeds up a bit the smelthing of .. basically anything above iron.

Fire runes are useless and most people have more of them than they would ever need (mostly slayers) and they can not be sold!

You're better off using them as junk for junk trading. That way, you're "selling" your fire runes, which in turn makes the staff obsolete.

Oh well alching is terrible xp anyway... I don't understand why people still train their Magic through alching.

Some people are FTP, and it's the only way to train magic for us.

I don't know why everyone misses to mention the coal bag. Its hell of a good item for low level players. You can get it at 41 lvl and it's basically a 2nd inventory. Not to mention that it speeds up a bit the smelthing of .. basically anything above iron.

The topic here is about Nature Staff and Law Staff. The coal bag is out of topic here.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

Well what the hell did you expect? Of course you need to wear it, how the hell would it work otherwise?

That's like thinking you would get unlimited fire runes without wearing a fire staff.

And besides, you don't get it to save money on runes, you get it because it's unique and looks better then a normal boring staff.

And also, it's easier to get the elemental runes compared to the law/nature rune.

Think about runecrafting, it's easier to make 5 fire runes then 1 nature rune. Also cheaper.

And like muggiwhplar said, It's pretty good for f2p combat.

To be honest, I've got 30k fire runes and rising. Haven't bought a single fire rune since I started training slayer. I can never sell them and I can't sell 'em back to the Tzhaar...so...

Bring on the fire rune wasting staff!

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't get it either. I'm 100% positive that nature staff was introduced specifically for people who slay a lot and have tens of thousands, hell, hundreds of thousands of fire runes.

Someone mentioned using them for junk trading, well, pardon, but not all people junk trade/trade items that require junk or in the spirit of game try to stick to GE.

Profins.png

specty.png

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but what does a Tomb of Frost do? If its unlimited water runes and you can use it on your shield slot then I would train dungeoneering just for that.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I think the slayer points is very good.

Its common point people edn up with hundreds of k of fire runes from slayer (if u pick them up)

Therefore nature staff makes 1/10 alchs free rather than cost a nat, which would be beneficial.

Still not the best of rewards though.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but what does a Tomb of Frost do? If its unlimited water runes and you can use it on your shield slot then I would train dungeoneering just for that.

Your shield-slot (offhand) is where the book goes. It acts as a water staff, but instead of.. being a water staff, it is a book.

Therefor you can wield a different weapon (for example the ancient staff for +% magic damage) to boost damage or you can wield a different elemental staff. (air for example). Just a combat rune and you get cheaper damage spells. Combine it with a earth staff to get you a sort of Mud staff (but cheaper). Combine it with a fire staff to get the same effect as a Steam staff.

The possibilities are endless!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

The law and nature staff should have been equipment for the off-hand slot in my opinion. It's like like they have the properties of the normal elemental staves you see that provide unlimited runes of one kind (based on the name), so a tome/orb with a fancier name would be nicer. Plus you can wield your staff with it and save some actual runes. The rune-saving ability is just too insignificant.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775